Is The DVD Release The Same As The Theatrical?

. . . didn’t see it in the theatre, waited for the video release. as we know, the release of the two grindhouse movies on dvd were not the same as the theatrical. among other things, the intermission trailers still haven’t been released in north america as far i know . . .

. . . now, according to the bonus materials of the dvd release of inglourious bo svenson had a cameo in the film, yet it doesn’t show up in the dvd version of the movie. was the bo svenson cameo included in the theatrical version?

. . . also, there’s a quick shot we saw in the inglourious trailers that has a man with a gattling-style machine gun running down a corridor firing the gun. did i blink and miss that sequence or was that deleted from the dvd as well?

The theatrical release is exactly the same as the DVD release.

Neither Bo Svenson nor the gattling dude (sadly) made the cut.

They are slightly different.

[quote=“Utivich”]They are slightly different.[/quote]

in what way?

[quote=“Utivich”]They are slightly different.[/quote]

bold statement. evidence?

the only thing I could say is that on most international (and domestic?) releases the subtitles are no longer burnt-in, like the 1941 title card etc…

“We have a word for that kinda thing in Enlglish… suspicious” was not in the theatrical version I saw.

It was straight ahead to the part when Brad Pitt had his finger in Diane Kruger. No foreplay.

EDIT: The editning was better in the DVD realease to. The theatrical versions editing was horrible.

[quote=“Utivich”]“We have a word for that kinda thing in Enlglish… suspicious” was not in the theatrical version I saw.

It was straight ahead to the part when Brad Pitt had his finger in Diane Kruger. No foreplay.

EDIT: The editning was better in the DVD realease to. The theatrical versions editing was horrible.[/quote]

wait, did you see the Cannes cut? That line definately was in the theatrical cut I saw. And on the DVD too, or course.

Yeah, that line was totally in the theatrical cut I saw as well.

I may just watch this today, as I have yet to watch it in its entirety on Blu Ray. But one little thing I noticed on the BD release that was different from the theatrical was how the second chapter is spelled “Inglourious Basterds” as opposed to “Inglorious Basterds” in the theatrical cut. I wouldn’t bet against some other minor differences. Will let you know once I watch it.

Well, I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t remember hearing that “Stuntman Mike” cry of pain being inserted on that bloke who goes shooting out of the balcony outside the cinema when the theater’s burning to the ground.

Don’t forget, the Wilhem scream was added to the DVD release of Death Proof during the first crash. It was absent during the theatrical release.

Hi,

is the haircut scene from Donny or how he gets his bat on the DVD, or the scene when they teach Utivich how to drive the car? Or when they bring Bridget to the doc?

Thanks

[quote=“VeniceQueen”]Hi,

is the haircut scene from Donny or how he gets his bat on the DVD, or the scene when they teach Utivich how to drive the car? Or when they bring Bridget to the doc?

Thanks[/quote]

Nope, not on the DVD.

[quote=“Laydback”]Well, I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t remember hearing that “Stuntman Mike” cry of pain being inserted on that bloke who goes shooting out of the balcony outside the cinema when the theater’s burning to the ground. [/quote]

No that was there since theatrical. I know because it provided no end of fucking giggles between me and my pals. It was out of a goddamn Indiana Jones movie. Cool when I think about it but shocking when I heard it.

But I do have some doubts. Especially concerning the opening chapter. The editing, especially once Waltz and the farmer get down to brass tacks seemed slightly altered, off from the way I remembered it watching the thing 7 times.