Best Scene in Inglorious Baserds

Once Upon a Time... in Nazi-Occupied France. Quentin Tarantino's latest!
Cinemapunk
Cowardly Lion

Re: Best Scene in Inglorious Baserds

Post by Cinemapunk » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:35 pm

BEST: Shosanna's Death.

FAVORITE: Sgt. Hugo Stiglitz' Introduction.

I saw this film eight times on the big screen.

FlowersinHerHair
Cowardly Lion

Post by FlowersinHerHair » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:21 am

The scene in the basement tavern was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Tarantino executed this scene perfectly, the build-up (mostly in German, a feat in itself) was nail biting was and the tension was palpable. Though the film had it's slower moments, this scene with the Basterds meeting their German movie star contact surrounding by drunken Nazis was so well done!

AdrianRWD
Cowardly Lion

Post by AdrianRWD » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:47 am

Agree. When I first heard Quentin talk about the Tavern scene, being this rubber band of suspension that he wanted to stretch as as much as he could, and being this super long dialogue scene, I was actually kind of worried. Remember, this was just after the Death Proof disaster. Not to say that I consider Death Proof a disaster, but it seemed like people just didn't dig his dialogue anymore...

So anyway, yes, the Tavern scene turned out brilliant. It was such a Leone moment, the incredible extended tension and then BAM BAM BAM and it's all over within a few seconds. Just incredible.

But there's so many scenes that I love. I'll never forget the opening scene, particularly the part when Shoshanna's family gets executed. That music that plays over that scene, that orchestral screaming (I suck at music, can't describer it better than that) man that just gave me the fuckin' chills, incredible.

Also, when Frederick shoots Shoshanna, that entire sequence and the way it was SO unexpected! Just, brilliant.
http://www.ReservoirWatchDogs.com
Your daily source of Tarantino news, stories,
interviews, videos, artwork and more!