Hugo Stiglitz: Who Was He Exactly?

. . . the narration says hugo stiglitz was a german-speaking enlisted man who assassinated gestapo officers. was he a german resistance fighter? was he a german-speaking american? somebody please explain . . .

He was in the German Army. I thought that was pretty clear. Landa even makes light of the Lt’s uniform he was wearing when he discovers his corpse in the tavern. He said something along the lines of, “you’ve done well for yourself, I’m surprised, given your record of insubordination.”

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]He was in the German Army. I thought that was pretty clear. Landa even makes light of the Lt’s uniform he was wearing when he discovers his corpse in the tavern. He said something along the lines of, “you’ve done well for yourself, I’m surprised, given your record of insubordination.”[/quote]
. . . okay. then why was he killing german officers? he was a traitor?

Yes! And he only killed Gestapo officers, because apparently they tortured him.

(edit: You’ve really missed out on a LOT of the film, haven’t you?)

. . . it isn’t unusual for a german soldier to be in a french jail during the occupation for killing – germans?

Now I KNOW you’re fuckin with me. Hahahaha. Good one. I actually believed you didn’t understand the subplot.