Roger Ebert's top films - yup it's there

Roger Ebert listed his top 10 ‘mass audience’ films and his top 10 independent films. And IB is on the list !

Here are the lists. I don’t know if they are in order of preference. Hmmm.

Top Ten Mainstream Films for 2009

* Bad Lieutenant

* Crazy Heart

* An Education

* The Hurt Locker

* Inglourious Basterds

* Knowing

* Precious

* A Serious Man

* Up in the Air

* The White Ribbon

Top Ten Indie Films for 2009

* Departures

* Disgrace

* Everlasting Moments

* Goodbye, Solo

* Julia

* Silent Light

* Sin Nombre

* Skin

* Trucker

* You, the Living

Read more: Roger Ebert’s Best Film Lists for 2009 | /Film <LINK_TEXT text=“/Film | Reporting the Reel World … z0aK4Lbluu”>/Film | Reporting the Reel World</LINK_TEXT>

The list is obviously alphabetical. What’s up with his Alex Proyas worshiping, I like him too, but this is starting to be too much…

Isn’t Bad Lieutenant a remake of the '92 indy film Harvey Keitel starred in?

That’s what I thought. But I think the full title is The Bad Lieutenant: Port of call - New Orleans.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1095217/

Ohhhh. Ok. Thanks. :wink: I wouldn’t have looked it up on my own and I’d just go on assuming it was a remake. I know I’ve seen clips from it, but I wasn’t all that interested. Up in the Air looks good though.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Isn’t Bad Lieutenant a remake of the '92 indy film Harvey Keitel starred in?[/quote]

Not a remake nor sequel.

Guys, Basterds is still the best film out there! We’re in late December and the other films are utter shit!

HAHA! I anticipate an Oscar for QT!

Heavy competitor: ROb Marshall’s “Nine”.

It’s gonna be QT going against Nine. I guarantee it.

O0

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]Guys, Basterds is still the best film out there! We’re in late December and the other films are utter shit!

HAHA! I anticipate an Oscar for QT!

Heavy competitor: ROb Marshall’s “Nine”.

It’s gonna be QT going against Nine. I guarantee it.

O0[/quote]

I like to see that "A Single Man" film with Colin Firth. It looks like it could be something good and the trailer reminds me of a Hitchcock film, the suspense and shots of the trailer. I kind of went down on my anticipation of "NINE". I'll probably wait for blu-ray/dvd to see it, unless I change my mind.

[quote=“G”]
I kind of went down on my anticipation of “NINE”. I’ll probably wait for blu-ray/dvd to see it, unless I change my mind.[/quote]

I agree with you totally on the “NINE” anticipation. I’m not seeing much I like. I’m gonna wait…

“Nine” isn’t getting good reviews, “The Hurt Locker” and “Up in the Air” will most likely fight for the most important Oscars, while Avatar will win the technical prizes.

As much as I would love to, I don’t see Basterds winning anything except the 99% sure Waltz Oscar, maybe original screenplay as well but it will be tough…

I wonder if the Oscars has the balls enough to give a best actor nom to Nic Cage for Bad Lieutenant.

You know besides Basterds 2009 is a terribly weak year for films :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]You know besides Basterds 2009 is a terribly weak year for films :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

I thought that with 2008. It’s just because 2007 was a huge year, everything after seems flat.

2007 was spectacular. But this year we got Star Trek and IB! 2009>2008

[quote=“Dead Zed”]“Nine” isn’t getting good reviews, “The Hurt Locker” and “Up in the Air” will most likely fight for the most important Oscars, while Avatar will win the technical prizes.

As much as I would love to, I don’t see Basterds winning anything except the 99% sure Waltz Oscar, maybe original screenplay as well but it will be tough…[/quote]

I'm in accordance with this post. Nuf said.

Nine looks great I’m watching it this X-mas. we need more musicals!

I’ll put my money on Up in the air for the best film Oscar, even if I haven’t seen it yet. It’s everywhere.

And Roger Ebert must be the only human being with a square face instead of a round/oval one.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]I’ll put my money on Up in the air for the best film Oscar, even if I haven’t seen it yet. It’s everywhere.
[/quote]

I wouldn’t be mad at the choice. I just hope the weird choices for a UP/Star Trek/Hangover win won’t actually happen. I really like Hangover, but come on, I can find much better comedies that should of won an Oscar before this one. The 100th Star Trek movie shouldn’t have a chance because it has nothing the other ones didn’t but the hype.

I hate when people think UP should win. “UP” should stay in the best animation category if foreign films has to stay in their category. Only fair, even though I think it’s really stupid that they push out all foreign films out of BEST FILM. Just goes to show how stupid the Oscars really are. They want to showcase the best, but only America’s best (no, Hollywood’s best.). Hollywood probably thinks foreign films do not match up to Hollywood’s movies, while they make shitty movies with Will Smith’s kid in them.

[quote=“G”]The 100th Star Trek movie shouldn’t have a chance because it has nothing the other ones didn’t but the hype.
[/quote]

Dayum, hater. Star Trek is amazing. I don’t know what your problem is, but it definitely deserves a chance at the very least.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“G”]The 100th Star Trek movie shouldn’t have a chance because it has nothing the other ones didn’t but the hype.
[/quote]

Dayum, hater. Star Trek is amazing. I don’t know what your problem is, but it definitely deserves a chance at the very least.[/quote]

why? ;D