Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Once Upon a Time... in Nazi-Occupied France. Quentin Tarantino's latest!
User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:57 pm

Just to make something clear I'm no awards guy. Unless I got a movie I'm really rooting for (There Will Be Blood, Inglourious Basterds etc...) I really don't invest too much time reading predictions and all the other shit that goes along with it. But seeing as this year Quentin appears to have a shot (albeit a slim one at this point) I thought I'd keep track. Moving on!

The New York Film Critics Online (another group I had only a passing knowledge of) named their best of 2009 and Inglourious Basterds makes a few weighty appearances! Although it lost the big two prizes to Avatar (pic) and The Hurt Locker (dir., will this be our first female best director?), it did manage to pick up the expected Waltz award (this years Anton Chigur) as well as a best screenplay win for QT.

NYFCO
Best Supporting Actor - Christoph Waltz
Best Screenplay - Quentin Tarantino
Breakthrough Performance - Christoph Waltz
Best Cinematography - Robert Richardson

complete winners list here:
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61600

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by *G* » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 am

Is "Two Lovers" considered 2009 in Oscar standards? Didn't come out in the U.S. until then, but was released in other countries in 2008

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:12 am

*G* wrote:Is "Two Lovers" considered 2009 in Oscar standards? Didn't come out in the U.S. until then, but was released in other countries in 2008
I was always under the impression that it had to be released in the year in the USA to be nominated. Although I don't know if when it was made comes into account, Army Of Shadows wasn't released in the US till recently but I doubt it could get a nom for best foreign film.

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:15 am

Boston Society of Film Critics named their best of the year, and the Basterds were almost completely absent from the list. Waltz picked up another award though. No matter how anyone else does come oscar time, Inglourious Basterds will soon officially be referred to as academy award winning Inglourious Basterds.

BSFC, Best Supporting Actor - Christoph Waltz (again!)

Oh yeah, complete list of winners:
http://www.joycekulhawik.com/2009/12/bo ... wards.html

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by *G* » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:28 am

Ordell Rodriguez wrote:Boston Society of Film Critics named their best of the year, and the Basterds were almost completely absent from the list. Waltz picked up another award though. No matter how anyone else does come oscar time, Inglourious Basterds will soon officially be referred to as academy award winning Inglourious Basterds.

BSFC, Best Supporting Actor - Christoph Waltz (again!)

Oh yeah, complete list of winners:
http://www.joycekulhawik.com/2009/12/bo ... wards.html

Looks like Waltz has the Oscar no matter what. I really don't see another "Supporting actor" that can compete with his buzz and awards now.

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:56 pm

*G* wrote:Looks like Waltz has the Oscar no matter what. I really don't see another "Supporting actor" that can compete with his buzz and awards now.
Thank god for that, I'm feeling the oscar hopes slowly slimming for everyone else.

Hope I'm wrong (fingers crossed)

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:58 pm

In awards news, the Basterds were almost completely shut out of the New York Film Critics Circle Awards, with the sole of exception of the soon to be Oscar winning Christoph Waltz.

NYFCC, Best Supporting Actor - Christoph Waltz

The complete list of winners:
http://nyfcc.com/awards.php?year=2009

But on a positive note Inglourious Basterds did really well with the Critics Choice Awards. 10 nominations! Including one for Sally Menke! Complete listing here: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/awards/ ... unced.html

And don't forget tomorrow are the Golden Globe nomination announcements.

User avatar
Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1881
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:53 am
Location: Milla's Womb
Contact:

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:29 pm

yeah 4 golden globes! Oh yeah, he the man!

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:57 pm

Yup four noms, bad ass. Don't know why but I'm feeling The Hurt Locker for this years Golden Globes. Don't like it, but I'm feeling it. Better than last year though.

Golden Globes,
Best Picture (Drama) - Inglourious Basterds
Best Director - Quentin Tarantino
Best Screenplay - Quentin Tarantino
Best Supporting Actor - Christoph Waltz

complete of nominees:
http://www.goldenglobes.org/nominations/

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:01 pm

And we have SAG Award Nominees, and the Basterds picked up a pretty hefty three nominations.

SAG Awards,
Best Supporting Actor - Christoph Waltz
Best Supporting Actress - Diane Kruger
Best Ensemble Cast - Inglourious Basterds

Nice.

nominees:
http://www.sagawards.org/PR_091217

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Wow, I really liked inglourious Basterds but I had no idea it would be so embraced by the awards people. Good for us, good for QT, good for film.

DGA nomination - Quentin Tarantino

nominations: http://www.dga.org/index2.php3?chg=

PGA nomination - Lawrence Bender

nominations: http://www.producersguild.org/2010/01/0 ... ga-awards/

Less surprising but no less welcome is the 15 noms the BAFTAS have dropped on Inglourious Basterds. Too many to list but here are the noms, including noms for writing, directing, editing, art direction, acting...

http://insidemovies.moviefone.com/2010/ ... education/

User avatar
Dead Zed
Kiddo
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:11 pm
Location: Mediterranean

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by Dead Zed » Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:14 am

Don't know if this was mentioned anywhere but IB won the People's Choice award for favorite independent movie of 2009. People's Choice awards are really lame (just look at the other winners), but at least it shows the movie's popularity...

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:03 am

Yeah, saw that but thought fuck it.

The film has now been turned over not for a great movie but for a barely good movie at this years rigged (G's theory) Golden Globes, winning only the expected Best Supporting Actor for Waltz. Avatar took best picture and director (what the fuck right?) and lost screenplay, the one award if none other it should have won, Up In the Air. Oy.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by *G* » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:05 am

Ordell Rodriguez wrote:Yeah, saw that but thought fuck it.

The film has now been turned over not for a great movie but for a barely good movie at this years rigged (G's theory) Golden Globes, winning only the expected Best Supporting Actor for Waltz. Avatar took best picture and director (what the fuck right?) and lost screenplay, the one award if none other it should have won, Up In the Air. Oy.
They are always rigged. All of these shows. Every year has a "Pity" actor winning stuff (Mickey Rourke, Sandra, etc.) but WILL NOT WIN the Oscars.

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:08 am

*G* wrote:
Ordell Rodriguez wrote:Yeah, saw that but thought fuck it.

The film has now been turned over not for a great movie but for a barely good movie at this years rigged (G's theory) Golden Globes, winning only the expected Best Supporting Actor for Waltz. Avatar took best picture and director (what the fuck right?) and lost screenplay, the one award if none other it should have won, Up In the Air. Oy.
They are always rigged. All of these shows. Every year has a "Pity" actor winning stuff (Mickey Rourke, Sandra, etc.) but WILL NOT WIN the Oscars.
Which is reassuring at this point. So your not a Mickey fan? I thought he was the only redeeming part of The Wrestler.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by *G* » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:12 am

Ordell Rodriguez wrote:
*G* wrote:
Ordell Rodriguez wrote:Yeah, saw that but thought fuck it.

The film has now been turned over not for a great movie but for a barely good movie at this years rigged (G's theory) Golden Globes, winning only the expected Best Supporting Actor for Waltz. Avatar took best picture and director (what the fuck right?) and lost screenplay, the one award if none other it should have won, Up In the Air. Oy.
They are always rigged. All of these shows. Every year has a "Pity" actor winning stuff (Mickey Rourke, Sandra, etc.) but WILL NOT WIN the Oscars.
Which is reassuring at this point. So your not a Mickey fan? I thought he was the only redeeming part of The Wrestler.
I like Mickey, it's just the whole "jump on the Mickey bandwagon because he is back but never went anywhere in the first place" thing I hated.

User avatar
Ify
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5484
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:51 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by Ify » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:36 pm

Christoph Waltz won Best Actor at this years EMPIRE Awards!!

Congratulations to him. Is there anything he hasn't won?! ;D

You can see his speech here:
http://www.empireonline.com/awards2010/ ... est-actor/
Image

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

User avatar
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional
Posts: 3690
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:14 pm
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Contact:

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:32 pm

Ahh. He's so cool. He deserves every bit of the fanfare he gets.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by *G* » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:04 pm

I forgot to post this a couple weeks ago ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUbGcRJUDu0

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:19 am

Oh my fucking god, that was fantastic! I was laughing myself into fits. I can't believe I keep missing all these awesome late night appearances...

lancewalter24
Cowardly Lion
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:27 pm

Re: Awards for Inglourious Basterds

Post by lancewalter24 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:31 pm

No one can take this place.


sunset and sunrise

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest