Awards for Inglourious Basterds

With the National Board of Review naming the movie among the top ten of the year, and the Washington D.C. critics giving QT best original screenplay and Christoph Waltz best supporting actor awards, it dawned on me that awards are happening this year for Quentin and Company; and when I scanned the Basterds forum for a topic on it I couldn’t find one

so…

Cannes Film Festival - Best Actor - Christoph Waltz

National Board of Review - Ten Best List

Washington D.C. Film Critics - Best Original Screenplay

Best Supporting Actor - Christoph Waltz

I think it will be nominated for best picture,screenplay,and tech nods but it unfortunately will only win best supporting actor i think

Hands down best supporting actor (fingers crossed :slight_smile: ). Who do you think might have it beat in the screenplay category?

I don’t know why, but I have a feeling the Oscars are going to have either UP, Star Trek, the Hangover, or that stupid James Cameron CGI crap a place in the top 10 films. Watch.

I have watched the Oscars the past 2 years (the first year for Marion Cotillard, PTA, and Day-Lewis to win, and last year for what reason, I don’t know) so will prob watch this year to see QT and company.

I was thinking that Star Trek would clean up this year as well. Like The Dark Knight did last year. It is an amazing film. Too bad for QT… Stiff competition. But if Forest Gump hadn’t have come out in 94, Pulp would have cleaned house.

The Academy Awards really doesn’t hold much weight with me. They are a giant let-down most of the time. Hollywood can bite it. QT’s too good for them.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]I was thinking that Star Trek would clean up this year as well. Like The Dark Knight did last year. It is an amazing film. Too bad for QT… Stiff competition. But if Forest Gump hadn’t have come out in 94, Pulp would have cleaned house.

The Academy Awards really doesn’t hold much weight with me. They are a giant let-down most of the time. Hollywood can bite it. QT’s too good for them.[/quote]

I actually don't want Star Trek to win anything is what I am saying. ;D

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]

The Academy Awards really doesn’t hold much weight with me. They are a giant let-down most of the time. Hollywood can bite it. QT’s too good for them.[/quote]

best supporting actor and (I hope, i hope) original screenplay. He'll get nods in other areas, but like you said, The Academy Awards s a real let down.

[quote=“G”]

I actually don’t want Star Trek to win anything is what I am saying. ;D[/quote]

Yes sir, I understood that you didn’t WANT Star Trek to win anything, but it’s going to, and we all know it. :wink:

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”][quote=“G”]

I actually don’t want Star Trek to win anything is what I am saying. ;D[/quote]

Yes sir, I understood that you didn’t WANT Star Trek to win anything, but it’s going to, and we all know it. :wink:[/quote]

I do know that. :wink:

That’d be almost as traumatic as watching Slumdog Millionaire clean up last year was.

G, really, “stupid James Cameron CGI crap”? This could be the long awaited redemption of James Cameron after Titanic!

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]That’d be almost as traumatic as watching Slumdog Millionaire clean up last year was.

G, really, “stupid James Cameron CGI crap”? This could be the long awaited redemption of James Cameron after Titanic![/quote]

Not a huge fan really.

I only like The 2 Terminators and Aliens. Also don’t like CGI, and this movie is geeked with CGI. I didn’t know you care for it either, since that Wolfman trailer and the CGI in it, I remember you didn’t care for it. ;D

I just never got the huge amount of praise for him. I guess because he made Titanic, The Abyss and Terminator. His other “big” films were sequels, so I don’t really know.

But hey, everyone loves different things.

These are a couple of Simon’s tweets this morning:

[quote=“Simon Pegg”]Re: Avatar, the prob with Jar Jar was never the fact that he was animated it was a matter of poor writing, characterization & choreography.

Advances in tech shouldn’t be blamed for poor artistic execution. Folk are so quick to dismiss CG. It ain’t the brush, it’s the painter.[/quote]

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]These are a couple of Simon’s tweets this morning:

[quote=“Simon Pegg”]Re: Avatar, the prob with Jar Jar was never the fact that he was animated it was a matter of poor writing, characterization & choreography.

Advances in tech shouldn’t be blamed for poor artistic execution. Folk are so quick to dismiss CG. It ain’t the brush, it’s the painter.[/quote][/quote]

I wouldn't dismiss it if the director who gets credit for the film does the CGI himself, but he doesn't.

Like 23 years ago, my dad told me that they were going to be making movies with computer generated graphics in the foreseeable future. I thought he was talking like Tron or something.

I guess I like CGI if it’s done well, and if it’s actually needed. I don’t like when they CG something that could have been filmed.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]I was thinking that Star Trek would clean up this year as well. Like The Dark Knight did last year. It is an amazing film. Too bad for QT… Stiff competition. But if Forest Gump hadn’t have come out in 94, Pulp would have cleaned house.

Bullshit, Geoi! You're just madly in love with Simon Pegg! Hahaha!

But seriously, we're taking about the same award ceremony where All About Eve won for Best Picture. Star Trek is a good effects movie - and it is nothing more and nothing less.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]That’d be almost as traumatic as watching Slumdog Millionaire clean up last year was.

G, really, “stupid James Cameron CGI crap”? This could be the long awaited redemption of James Cameron after Titanic![/quote]

I hate the fact that a film like Titanic tied All About Eve with 14 Academy Award Nominations, it was the top grossing film in the world, yes - but that doesn't mean the film was that good. James Cameron is a great action director and he's a master in the CGI use to enhance viewing experiences. Look at T2, the film still stands - it looks like it was made recently when I see it here and then. I think Avatar will get some nominations for the CGI stuff and costumes - but Best Picture?

Hell no.

Does anyone remember how good the films of the past actually were?! - Can you hear yourselves saying this? - Star Trek for Best Picture?! - Wake up and smell the semen people! The Academy Awards recognize true directorial and feature film talent.......or they used to.

And "Precious"? Oprah is buying up Hollywood with her Blaxploitation crap. Ugh, that movie is terrible. "Ohhh, look at me I'm fat and black, I cry in the subways cuz they be hatin'!" - No! Fuck you Oprah!

Remember Treasure Of The Sierra Madre, The Hunchback Of Notr Dame (1939), The Best Years Of Our Lives, not that feel sorry for me cuz I'm black, kitchen-drama bullshit!

And Basterds better get a fucking Oscar or else I will burn the fucking Kodiak Theatre down - or whatever they call it these days!

Bette Davis love!

Oh, and fuck Simon Pegg is AWESOME!

[size=85]edited by Take a guess, Bucko![/size]

You people have to seriously read my blogs:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://fan.tcm.com/_Do-You-Remember-Cla … 66470.html”>http://fan.tcm.com/_Do-You-Remember-Classic-Hollywood/blog/1522124/66470.html</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]Oh, and fuck Simon Pegg is AWESOME!

[size=85]edited by Take a guess, Bucko![/size][/quote]

Wow, yeah, Simon Pegg [i]IS[/i] awesome, dude! Cheers.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Wow, yeah, Simon Pegg IS awesome, dude! Cheers.[/quote]

WHA?!

I must be high on Roach poison! :o