How many times have u seen INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS?

Once Upon a Time... in Nazi-Occupied France. Quentin Tarantino's latest!
PFC Baelin Utivich
Real McCoy

Re: How many times have u seen INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS?

Post by PFC Baelin Utivich » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:54 pm

and I still can't figure out if it surpasses Pulp on my list

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:07 pm

watch em back to back, then decide which one you get the most out of. or maybe it's too soon for you to decide.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:13 am

In all honesty, I've seen it 5 times. And I might see it again this week before it may disappear on Friday. ;)

Utivich
Real McCoy

Post by Utivich » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:00 am

I've seen it 1 time. :(

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:27 am

Utivich wrote:I've seen it 1 time. :(
Well, if it comes out on DVD before the end of the year like the rumours say it will, then it's no big deal. You'll see it again soon.

Utivich
Real McCoy

Post by Utivich » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:50 am

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:
Utivich wrote:I've seen it 1 time. :(
Well, if it comes out on DVD before the end of the year like the rumours say it will, then it's no big deal. You'll see it again soon.
I can't stop thinking about it, so I must see it again soon! mayby I see it in the cinema again. Haha.

Because I don't know if I can download a Tarantino film. It feels wrong.

Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:54 am

I couldnt stand to watch Inglourious Basterds for another second.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:52 pm

Mr.Pink wrote:I couldnt stand to watch Inglourious Basterds for another second.
Shut up. You didn't see it.

cherrydarling
Real McCoy

Post by cherrydarling » Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:57 pm

You're not even old enough to see an M15+ rating yet.

DIRTY LIAR!

Seen it once. About to watch it again with my other QT lover buddy, yay!

robertdiggs36
Real McCoy

Post by robertdiggs36 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:19 am

I just got back from seeing for the fourth time, and I loved every second of it.

Basterd101
Kiddo

Post by Basterd101 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:38 am

Seen Basterds countless number of times.

RhythmSiren
Cowardly Lion

Post by RhythmSiren » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:02 pm

:D Saw it again last night !! I lost count, but I have seen it at least seven times, either seven or eight times now? Going back to see it again tonight !! I posted the following somewhere else after i saw it the time before last :not only was it good as ever in the ways already described, there was something NEW. I had the urge to shout out cheers as certain characters appeared for the first time, and at other points. I held back, then what blew my mind was exactly, at those moments, a group of people scattered around the theatre were not holding back at all as cheers and shouts erupted in a cathartic unifying force where the same idea occurred to everyone who'd seen it a few times.The mood in the theatre was exclaimation of recognition, a universal explosive relief, as if filling some unmet need, long lost, long sought,not found in typical gatherings. People were laughing at everything, uninhibited. Almost spiritual in the unifying aspect of how alive everyone became by being purely expressive without pretense, experiencing a form of enlightenment and liberation. My response is significant to me, but it's far from unusual. Case in point : couple in line, as excited as me,were these people who proudly informed me they never go to a movie, only Star Trek had drawn them out, due to the man's childhood affinity,They came to the theatre to see Inglourious Basterds in violation of that policy because a coworker who observes a protocol of never seeing a movie twice, raved about it, and was seeing it over and over. A pretty girl in line, interrupted blissfully to share, she had seen it 3 times, and on a Sat eve she had come alone to see it for the 4th time! So something is quite vital & immortal about this film, the way it plays and the way it helps people feel alive. A phenomena that brings people together to be more alive, free, and inspired by the best contribution of art. I can totally see this film pretty much living in theatres forever, long after this time, and groups in cities all ove rthe world still congregating for midnite shows on a regular basis like the Rocky Horror Picture Show and Scarface do now...complete with people yelling out lines in other languages they don't even know !!! it will be so very cool.

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:11 am

Col. Crazy Kenneth wrote:
PFC Baelin Utivich wrote:In all honesty, I've seen it 7 times and i've kept the ticket stubs for proof.

wow. 7 is a lot. even watching the same movie 7 times during your lifespan would be much. The highest I have for watching a movie at the cinema is 5 times, for Death Proof and Watchmen.
You've seen Watchmen 5 times IN the theatre?? God!! I voted it most non-rewatchable movie of 2008! Although I really, really liked it, don't get me wrong!
I watched IB 3 times, I could go for a 4th one now, but right after the 3rd one I thought it would ruin the experience to see it another time that soon. I would have wanted to smack Jacky Ido on the head, and Mélanie at times >_<
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

RhythmSiren
Cowardly Lion

Post by RhythmSiren » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:03 pm

Saw it again last weekend, on Both Friday and then Saturday night, brought my oldest friend which I consider a triumph as he had the misfortune to do the unthinkably dumb downloading crap for the first 30 min of it...and from that had no real sense of it's massive appeal. He refused to go at first....but came around and then liked it at least as much as I do. Well, very, very much. I'm itching to see it again, if it's possible --- Saturday night, and Friday again, the energy in the theatres on those nights are hot, hot, hot. For anyone who is considering any other course of action besides seeing it in the theatre, DON'T CHEAT YOURSELF. There's very few films that summon the type of response in a theatre audience like INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS does....for that alone it's worth it, not to mention it's a damn grand spectacle up on the big screen - made for consumption in a larger than life medium, hell, after seeing it so many times in the theatre I think it has given me a whole new lease on the movie experience in general. So much is lost on dvd. I think I may have forgotten that. Seriously !!! This is one of those experiences in entertainment and art that you hear about later, if you didnt go --- for eons !! and always wonder what all the fuss was about because everyone was apparently greatly moved by this excellence that you didnt get to take part in it. Skepticism, not enough time, low on funds, can't coordinate with your significant other - whatever....don't let that get in the way.
Take part. After seeing it in the theatre so many times now - I think my taste for dvds is quite possibly ruined - and replaced by the far superior hunger for movies in their intended form.....and I was a big dvd addict. Maximun Netflix rental allotment. You know? Where your getting like eight movies at a time. I cancelled that. The theatre is calling...it's sooooooo much better. Inglourious basterds has shown me the light. I am saved.

zeppelincheetah
Hard Drinker

Post by zeppelincheetah » Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:27 am

three times. i would see it again if i could find somebody else to go with. if it's still playing the week after next i may try to get my dad to see it (i'll be visiting him from out of state)

Stiglitz
Real McCoy

Post by Stiglitz » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:08 am

Once.

Need to amend that but don't know when I'll get the chance because there's actually a lot of films I want to watch.

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:46 am

Just went today for my sixth time. Wanted to go again every day since the 21st but I resisted and have spaced my viewings out. I think I've had a better time with it than seeing it on loop, I'd probably be numb to it and not be able to appreciate it anymore. A couple more viewings and I'm writing a book on it in the style of Hicox. Seeing it today though made me view it in a whole new way for some reason.

moura

Post by moura » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:54 pm

guess who still havent seen it?

ME!!! Uh-huuuu!!!!

¬¬ waiting for the end of october when this movie will finally be released around here (Brazil)...while that doesnt happen, i will just entertain myself putting fire on the amazon forest

Movie_Villain
Real McCoy

Post by Movie_Villain » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:07 pm

I dont know how you can do it..well..since most of us have been waiting about 7 years then i guess i understand

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:22 am

Don't feel bad. I've been waiting for The Boat That Rocked to come out, and I still have to wait til November 21st! It came out in the UK April 1st!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! >:(

sincity2
Cowardly Lion

Post by sincity2 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:06 am

once but would see it again

Bob Rock
Kiddo

Post by Bob Rock » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:38 pm

My condolences, moura, if I had to wait that long while the rest of the world has been enjoying it for weeks now... Wow. It's like you're behind the iron curtain or something.
To rhythmsiren: please keep posting new emotional reports about the movie. I'm not being sarcastic: what you're describing is similar to my feelings.

Seen it 4 times, probably will go again next week. I've seen it in 2 different towns. At every show, at the end people applauded. It's not hard to imagine that that is happening at each and every show around the world or at least at the majority of the screenings.

This means that for the past month every day a few strangres who never met and probably never applauded in cinema before or will do so again, have been applauding a Quentin Tarantino film (in public). To paraphrase Franky Blue Eyes: this is a very good year!

cherrydarling
Real McCoy

Post by cherrydarling » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:Don't feel bad. I've been waiting for The Boat That Rocked to come out, and I still have to wait til November 21st! It came out in the UK April 1st!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! >:(
Are you talking cinema or DVD release? Coz it's already on DVD here.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:52 pm

cherrydarling wrote:
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:Don't feel bad. I've been waiting for The Boat That Rocked to come out, and I still have to wait til November 21st! It came out in the UK April 1st!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! >:(
Are you talking cinema or DVD release? Coz it's already on DVD here.
Cinema! :( New release date is the 13th of November.

cherrydarling
Real McCoy

Post by cherrydarling » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:56 pm

Geez Louise! Lucky you had Basterds to tide you over for a while. You haven't been tempted to download?

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:26 pm

cherrydarling wrote:Geez Louise! Lucky you had Basterds to tide you over for a while. You haven't been tempted to download?
Tempted, yes. But I figure waiting to see it in the cinema will make it that much better. Or so I'm hoping. I can't wait to see Nick on the big screen again.

moura

Post by moura » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:50 pm

i have seem a few scenes on you tube...and i have readed the screenplay...so i know a lot about the movie, but i hope i havent ruined the experienced of watching it in a movie theater for the first time completely yet

Ive always wanted to watch some movie that i was very anxious about, without knowing anything about it...without having seem trailers or even knowing the cast...I think im gonna try to do that when spielberg starts making "Interstellar"...i dont wanna know anything about this movie, besides that its about space travel trough wormholes...

RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional

Post by RatQuiRit » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:15 am

cherrydarling wrote:Geez Louise! Lucky you had Basterds to tide you over for a while. You haven't been tempted to download?
Tempted, yes. But I figure waiting to see it in the cinema will make it that much better. Or so I'm hoping. I can't wait to see Nick on the big screen again.
OMG you haveN'T seen The Boat That Rocked????? Gosh it's gonna rock your world. You're gonna end up in tears, of joy. God I want to be on the 13th to read your opinion about it hahaha! I had no idea it still wasn't in theatres in the USA. It's on shitty country theatres in Original Version here :D
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:37 am

RatQuiRit wrote:
OMG you haveN'T seen The Boat That Rocked????? Gosh it's gonna rock your world. You're gonna end up in tears, of joy. God I want to be on the 13th to read your opinion about it hahaha! I had no idea it still wasn't in theatres in the USA. It's on shitty country theatres in Original Version here :D
Rub it in, numbnuts. Rub it in. When I see this, I will be one film away from having lived a complete life. Still have to stick around to see PAUL! www.whatispaul.com

jonitapani
Real McCoy

Post by jonitapani » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:39 pm

I've seen it two times... Still waiting for the third time. Hopefully it comes to my new hometown soon. It really sucks when you don't have a filmtheather near you that shows latest movies. They all come here about two months after the official Finnish release date.
But when it comes here, I'll go watch IB many many times!
ÄLÄKÄ KOLISE!