Thing that should not been cut out of IB

1. The aftermath of the shooting of SGT. Willi. Aldo becoming mad at Bridget for shooting Willi. Hirschberg is even about to attack Bridget for what she did. This whould make Aldo seem a bit more like a hero. But they should have put another Basterd than Hirschberg there, someone who never get’s to speak in the movie.

2. Aldo telling Utivich he needs to learn how to drive. Eleminating plotholes.

3. Not sure here. :-</E> The short scene reaviling Willi to be alive and him telling Hans Landa about what happened. It’s very not a important scene and there is no need for it to be there but it’s so fucking sad that he dies the very same night he became a father. :’(

4. Madame Mimieux. You know why.

Yeah. I was surprised that Bridget shot Wilhelm in the film.

Bridget shooting him is a surprise, but did they really have the option of letting Wilhelm go? Aldo was probably right that striking a deal with him was the only way to get Bridget out, but if Wilhelm was free to go, surely it would destroyed any chance for Operation Kino to succeed. Bridget was so famous that her cover would have been blown with the Germans if anyone not associated with the Basterds got out of there alive.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Yeah. I was surprised that Bridget shot Wilhelm in the film.[/quote]

You know, i always thought it was Hugo who was going to screw things up, but it turned out to be Bridget who was the fall guy.

[quote=“HEinDC”]Bridget shooting him is a surprise, but did they really have the option of letting Wilhelm go? Aldo was probably right that striking a deal with him was the only way to get Bridget out, but if Wilhelm was free to go, surely it would destroyed any chance for Operation Kino to succeed. Bridget was so famous that her cover would have been blown with the Germans if anyone not associated with the Basterds got out of there alive.[/quote]

But Hans still figured that out.

Hans figured it out because of the napkin that was left behind with her name on it (the slipper helped too, but wouldn’t necessarily have given her away specifically). But those details are believable enough, since with her being shot in the leg, and with a need to get everyone out of there as quickly as possible before anyone else showed up, Aldo and company didn’t have time to comb the place for stuff that might give them away before leaving. Remembering to look for that napkin with her name on it would not have been something that came to mind for her in that situation.

[quote=“VikingWithNoName”]1. The aftermath of the shooting of SGT. Willi. Aldo becoming mad at Bridget for shooting Willi. Hirschberg is even about to attack Bridget for what she did. This whould make Aldo seem a bit more like a hero. But they should have put another Basterd than Hirschberg there, someone who never get’s to speak in the movie.

2. Aldo telling Utivich he needs to learn how to drive. Eleminating plotholes.

3. Not sure here. :-</E> The short scene reaviling Willi to be alive and him telling Hans Landa about what happened. It’s very not a important scene and there is no need for it to be there but it’s so fucking sad that he dies the very same night he became a father. :’(

4. Madame Mimieux. You know why.[/quote]

All good things you noted. I actually forget what happened to the Willi situation in the script…I did remember them coming down to get Bridget however, but in the film there did feel like something was missing. It would make sense to have Aldo go mad at her, maybe that was filmed but in the end there was a lot of cuts.

Yeah, the vet scene was cut in half too according to BJ Novack and this is where Aldo tells that Utivich will be the chauffeur to the premiere thus explaining how he shows up at the end, but as it stands now it’s a minor plot hole.

And in watching Pulp Fiction all week, it’s just making me think even more about QT’s editing and indulging too much in scenes today…it annoys me even. Almost every scene in Pulp is at perfect and necessary length. All the right cuts where made to keep the pace flowing, but in Basterds for instance, it’s not up to the best it could be.

I was glad they didn’t show Wilhelm surviving in the film. It heightens Landa’s role as a detective and an unbeatable villain figure. It gives weight to little details that otherwise would have been less important, like Bridget signing the napkin and kissing it. If Wilhelm survived, Landa may just as well been cut out of the situation entirely, since Wilhelm would have ended up telling some other Nazi officer about Bridget.