What ever happened to Gerold Hirschberg?

Curious, in the movie, they show the Bastereds that died and the Bastereds that blew themselves up. The last two they show surviving is Pitt and Novak. But what about Gerold Hirschberg played by Samm Levine? I mean I saw the movie two times, and I dont know if they said what happened to him in the movie or maybe i missed it. But dose anyone know if he got offed? Or lived?

as far I know, it did not say anything about Hirschberg’s fate. but neither did it say anything about the origin of the rope burn on aldo’s neck. or how shoshanna managed to survive the 4 years in disguise (at least not in the final cut). QT wants us to think about some things, that he does not explain, and make up our own little movie (he actually said that, I only forgot the source).

[quote=“InglouriousDog”]as far I know, it did not say anything about Hirschberg’s fate. but neither did it say anything about the origin of the rope burn on aldo’s neck. or how shoshanna managed to survive the 4 years in disguise (at least not in the final cut). QT wants us to think about some things, that he does not explain, and make up our own little movie (he actually said that, I only forgot the source).[/quote]

He actually said that on the Charlie Rose interview for IB. But thanks for the incite, I thought the same thing you did as myself after watching it a third time.