Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Since i’ve only seen this once I can’t really say with certainty where IB stands with the rest of the movies. Right now I think i’ll put it in third place

1. Pulp Fiction
  2. Kill Bill
  3. Inglourious Basterds
  4. Jackie Brown
  5. Reservoir Dogs
  6. Death Proof

Chapters ranking:

7. Chapter Five: Revenge of the Giant Face
  8. Chapter Four: Operation Kino
  9. Chapter Two: Inglourious Basterds
  10. Chapter One: Once Upon a Time in Nazi Occupied France
  11. Chapter Three: German Night in Paris

the chapter ranking will also probably change after I watch it a few more times.

Oh my. What a challenge. This is a tentative list since we must give Basterds the “test of time.” I’m also splitting Kill Bill into the two volumes.

Rank of The Movies Themselves:

1. Reservoir Dogs
  2. Inglourious Basterds
  3. Pulp Fiction
  4. Kill Bill, Vol. 2
  5. Jackie Brown
  6. Kill Bill, Vol. 1
  7. Death Proof

My Personal Taste (For The Helluvit)

8. Kill Bill, Vol. 2
  9. Reservoir Dogs
  10. Inglourious Basterds
  11. Pulp Fiction
  12. Death Proof
  13. Kill Bill, Vol. 1
  14. Jackie Brown

I should really give Jackie Brown another go & I sense Basterds will, over time, climb the ranks to #1.

I’m not going to rank the chapters, but I know my #1 would be torn between Chapter 1 & Chapter 4.

-dELVIS-

[quote=“delvis_crasho”]Oh my. What a challenge. This is a tentative list since we must give Basterds the “test of time.” I’m also splitting Kill Bill into the two volumes.

1. Reservoir Dogs
  2. Inglourious Basterds
  3. Pulp Fiction
  4. Kill Bill, Vol. 2
  5. Jackie Brown
  6. Kill Bill, Vol. 1
  7. Death Proof

8. Kill Bill, Vol. 2
  9. Reservoir Dogs
  10. Inglourious Basterds
  11. Pulp Fiction
  12. Death Proof
  13. Kill Bill, Vol. 1
  14. Jackie Brown

I should really give Jackie Brown another go & I sense Basterds will, over time, climb the ranks to #1.

I’m not going to rank the chapters, but I know my #1 would be torn between Chapter 1 & Chapter 4.

-dELVIS-[/quote]

I don’t understand when people do that. Why is there a difference between your opinion and what you think are the best? There should only be a list of your opinion. What do you base your ranking of “the movies themselves” on and why is it different from the other list? I’m not being an ass i’m just curious. :slight_smile:

Here we go…

1. Reservoir Dogs
  2. Pulp Fiction
  3. Inglorious Basterds
  4. Kill Bill 2
  5. Kill Bill 1
  6. Death Proof
  7. Jackie Brown

Chapters -

8. Chapter One: Once Upon a time in Nazi Occupied France
  9. Chapter Five: Revenge of the Giant Face
  10. Chapter Two: Inglorious Basterds
  11. Chapter Four: Operation Kino
  12. Chapter Three: German Night in Paris

1)Reservoir Dogs

2)Jackie Brown

3)Pulp Fiction

4)Inglourious Basterds

5)Death Proof

6)Kill Bill

Personally:

1. Pulp Fiction

2. Kill Bill

3. Inglourious Basterds

4. Jackie Brown

5. Reservoir Dogs

6. Death Proof

1.Pulp Fiction

2.Kill Bill

3.Reservoir Dogs

4.Inglourious Basterds

5.Death Proof

6.Jackie Brown

seen it twice now and ive made up my mind.

1. kill bill vol.2
  2. kill bill vol.1
  3. Jackie brown
  4. death proof
  5. pulp fiction
  6. inglourious basterds
  7. reservoir dogs

I’ve seen it twice, so at the moment it would go:

1. Pulp Fiction
  2. Kill Bill
  3. Jackie Brown
  4. Inglourious Basterds
  5. Reservoir Dogs
  6. Death Proof

However, it was after like 4 viewings of Kill Bill that I regarded it as almost as good as Pulp Fiction. So IB’s ranking still could change.

I have also seen it twice. My Quentin Tarantino films rank:

1 Kill Bill

2 Pulp Fiction

3 Inglourious Basterds

4 Reservoir Dogs

5 Death Proof

6 Jackie Brown

To be honest i need to spend a week watching a film a night to decide this. Im torn between Pulp Fiction and Inglourious Basterds about second and third and between Death Proof and Jackie Brown for fifth and sixth.

I’ve seen it twice also -

1. Pulp Fiction
  2. Reservoir Dogs
  3. Inglourious Basterds
  4. Kill Bill vol. 2
  5. Jackie Brown
  6. Kill Bill vol. 1
  7. Death Proof

Although IB is ranked third at the minute, 3, 4 and 5 are basically neck in neck.

Chapters -

8. Chapter One: Once Upon a Time in Nazi-Occupied France
  9. Chapter Two: Inglourious Basterds
  10. Chapter Five: Revenge of the Giant Face
  11. Chapter Four: Operation Kino
  12. Chapter Three: German Night in Paris

For me, Chapter 3 brings things down a lot. I’m not sure if it’s the actors, the characters or just the fact that nothing really happens that is that exciting or interesting…except the part where Landa shows up for strudel. On second viewing I just couldn’t wait for Chapter 4 to come.

1. Pulp Fiction

2. Inglourious Basterds

3. Reservoir Dogs

4. Kill Bill Vol.1

5. Kill Bill Vol. 2

6. Jackie Brown

7. Death Proof

1. Once Upon A Time In Nazi Occupied France
  2. Revenge Of The Giant Face
  3. Operation Kino
  4. Inglourious Basterds
  5. A German Night In Paris

Even though its not in the best chapter i think The Tavern scene was the best in the movie

[quote=“zeppelincheetah”][quote=“delvis_crasho”]Oh my. What a challenge. This is a tentative list since we must give Basterds the “test of time.” I’m also splitting Kill Bill into the two volumes.

1. Reservoir Dogs
  2. Inglourious Basterds
  3. Pulp Fiction
  4. Kill Bill, Vol. 2
  5. Jackie Brown
  6. Kill Bill, Vol. 1
  7. Death Proof

8. Kill Bill, Vol. 2
  9. Reservoir Dogs
  10. Inglourious Basterds
  11. Pulp Fiction
  12. Death Proof
  13. Kill Bill, Vol. 1
  14. Jackie Brown

-dELVIS-[/quote]

I don’t understand when people do that. Why is there a difference between your opinion and what you think are the best? There should only be a list of your opinion. What do you base your ranking of “the movies themselves” on and why is it different from the other list? I’m not being an ass i’m just curious. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Not to worry, cheetah, no offense taken. I think it’s pretty simple - the first list is me being objective, the second is not.

The first list is me removing my specific tastes. For instance, the second list’s #1 is Kill Bill, Vol. 2 simply because the Spaghetti Western element & the performances of Michael Madsen & David Carridine. However, when I watch it (& enjoy it because of its sub-genre) I realize that I’m being bias. When I take away that bias Reservoir Dogs emerges as the best (at the moment).

-dELVIS-

1. Inglourious Basterds

2. Kill Bill

3. Pulp Fiction

4. Reservoir Dogs

5. Jackie Brown

6. Death Proof

*You know what I can’t really tabulate them too well. I mean when I’m in the mood for Dogs - I’ll watch it and love it. The next day I’ll be in the mood for Jackie and watch that. But it varies. But to me Inglourious Basterds is a master’s work. One that even outstrips All About Eve. The colour of the characters and the way he moves them is so poetic. Fate is character. And Tarantino knows that so well, more than anyone. God, Col. Landa was such a delight. Heere’s a guy that prides himself with integrity. He is not a man that gives a shit about the Nazis - maybe he once did in 1941 when he tells LaPadite how the moniker “Jew Hunter” prides him. But in 1944 in the very end when he talks to Aldo about his surrender he disregards his moniker “Jew Hunter” - then claims he is a “damn good detective”. This movie will age so well. I’ve seen it 4 times already - three yesterday and I just came back from seeing it again. It’s a masterpiece. Every bit of it. God bless Tarantino for making great films that we can look at forever.

Best Chapters. I liked them all. Every single one IS very important to move the plot forward.

1. Operation Kino
  2. Inglourious Basterds
  3. Once Upon A Time…
  4. Revenge Of The Giant Face
  5. German Night In Paris

I will note The Jew Bear’s background was deleted, I would have liked to see that scene, I loved it so much. But still all the chapters were superb.

1. Jackie Brown

2. Inglourious Basterds (Have to watch it a couple more times if it passes Jackie Brown.)

3. Pulp Fiction

4. Reservoir Dogs

5. Kill Bill

6. Death Proof

Like Bio, I thought the Chapters were all wonderful, so really no need in my part to list them.

Bio, I wonder if we may get the “Bear Jew” scene on the dvd release?

Yes I’m wondering that about the Bear Jew too. I’d love to see that. And also, did QT shoot the Mimieux’s story or not? I hope he did, but I have no idea if it only got cut or if he did not even shoot it.

After two viewings (and a hell of a weekend) I can safely say that the movie is no Jackie Brown but is on par with the great Pulp Fiction, which is in my opinion quit a feet ( ;D ).

Jackie Brown

Pulp Fiction/Inglourious Basterds

Kill Bill Vol. 2

Death Proof

Kill Bill Vol. 1

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Yes I’m wondering that about the Bear Jew too. I’d love to see that. And also, did QT shoot the Mimieux’s story or not? I hope he did, but I have no idea if it only got cut or if he did not even shoot it.[/quote]

I’ve heard that they shot it but it was cut :’( . i believe there was an article with Cheung saying that she had worked with QT but she wasn’t going to be in the movie.

I think Maggie Cheung mentioned recently that QT wants to put her scenes on the DVD…whether that means the initial DVD release or a special edition in 2015 is another question.

[quote=“Kinick”]I think Maggie Cheung mentioned recently that QT wants to put her scenes on the DVD…whether that means the initial DVD release or a special edition in 2015 is another question.[/quote]

We’ll have to wait till 2015 to have a special edition of IB?? My god, we’d probably all be dead by then :o

Bad news of the day :frowning: