Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Once Upon a Time... in Nazi-Occupied France. Quentin Tarantino's latest!
User avatar
zeppelincheetah
Hard Drinker
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:47 am
Location: Tennessee

Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by zeppelincheetah » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:05 am

Since i've only seen this once I can't really say with certainty where IB stands with the rest of the movies. Right now I think i'll put it in third place

1) Pulp Fiction
2) Kill Bill
3) Inglourious Basterds
4) Jackie Brown
5) Reservoir Dogs
6) Death Proof

Chapters ranking:

1) Chapter Five: Revenge of the Giant Face
2) Chapter Four: Operation Kino
3) Chapter Two: Inglourious Basterds
4) Chapter One: Once Upon a Time in Nazi Occupied France
5) Chapter Three: German Night in Paris

the chapter ranking will also probably change after I watch it a few more times.

User avatar
delvis_crasho
Cowardly Lion
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:31 am

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by delvis_crasho » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:47 am

Oh my. What a challenge. This is a tentative list since we must give Basterds the "test of time." I'm also splitting Kill Bill into the two volumes.

Rank of The Movies Themselves:

01. Reservoir Dogs
02. Inglourious Basterds
03. Pulp Fiction
04. Kill Bill, Vol. 2
05. Jackie Brown
06. Kill Bill, Vol. 1
07. Death Proof

My Personal Taste (For The Helluvit)

01. Kill Bill, Vol. 2
02. Reservoir Dogs
03. Inglourious Basterds
04. Pulp Fiction
05. Death Proof
06. Kill Bill, Vol. 1
07. Jackie Brown

I should really give Jackie Brown another go & I sense Basterds will, over time, climb the ranks to #1.

I'm not going to rank the chapters, but I know my #1 would be torn between Chapter 1 & Chapter 4.


-dELVIS-

User avatar
zeppelincheetah
Hard Drinker
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:47 am
Location: Tennessee

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by zeppelincheetah » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:02 am

delvis_crasho wrote:Oh my. What a challenge. This is a tentative list since we must give Basterds the "test of time." I'm also splitting Kill Bill into the two volumes.

Rank of The Movies Themselves:

01. Reservoir Dogs
02. Inglourious Basterds
03. Pulp Fiction
04. Kill Bill, Vol. 2
05. Jackie Brown
06. Kill Bill, Vol. 1
07. Death Proof

My Personal Taste (For The Helluvit)

01. Kill Bill, Vol. 2
02. Reservoir Dogs
03. Inglourious Basterds
04. Pulp Fiction
05. Death Proof
06. Kill Bill, Vol. 1
07. Jackie Brown

I should really give Jackie Brown another go & I sense Basterds will, over time, climb the ranks to #1.

I'm not going to rank the chapters, but I know my #1 would be torn between Chapter 1 & Chapter 4.


-dELVIS-
I don't understand when people do that. Why is there a difference between your opinion and what you think are the best? There should only be a list of your opinion. What do you base your ranking of "the movies themselves" on and why is it different from the other list? I'm not being an ass i'm just curious. :)

User avatar
roulette67
Basterd
Posts: 813
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 5:34 pm
Location: Jersey Girl
Contact:

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by roulette67 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:17 am

Here we go...

1. Reservoir Dogs
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Inglorious Basterds
4. Kill Bill 2
5. Kill Bill 1
6. Death Proof
7. Jackie Brown

Chapters -

1. Chapter One: Once Upon a time in Nazi Occupied France
2. Chapter Five: Revenge of the Giant Face
3. Chapter Two: Inglorious Basterds
4. Chapter Four: Operation Kino
5. Chapter Three: German Night in Paris
Image

Mr.Pink

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by Mr.Pink » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:52 am

1)Reservoir Dogs
2)Jackie Brown
3)Pulp Fiction
4)Inglourious Basterds
5)Death Proof
6)Kill Bill

User avatar
Lone Mutt
Real McCoy
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Good ol' Kentucky

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by Lone Mutt » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:02 am

Personally:

1. Pulp Fiction

2. Kill Bill

3. Inglourious Basterds

4. Jackie Brown

5. Reservoir Dogs

6. Death Proof

User avatar
me
Fucking Professional
Posts: 3950
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:15 am
Location: US of freaking A

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by me » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:57 am

1.Pulp Fiction
2.Kill Bill
3.Reservoir Dogs
4.Inglourious Basterds
5.Death Proof
6.Jackie Brown

User avatar
Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2378
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:04 am
Location: Austria

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:33 am

seen it twice now and ive made up my mind.

1. kill bill vol.2
2. kill bill vol.1
3. Jackie brown
4. death proof
5. pulp fiction
6. inglourious basterds
7. reservoir dogs

User avatar
Ify
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5485
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:51 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by Ify » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:04 pm

I've seen it twice, so at the moment it would go:

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Kill Bill
3. Jackie Brown
4. Inglourious Basterds
5. Reservoir Dogs
6. Death Proof

However, it was after like 4 viewings of Kill Bill that I regarded it as almost as good as Pulp Fiction. So IB's ranking still could change.

User avatar
dandadub
Hard Drinker
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:11 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by dandadub » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:26 pm

I have also seen it twice. My Quentin Tarantino films rank:

1 Kill Bill
2 Pulp Fiction
3 Inglourious Basterds
4 Reservoir Dogs
5 Death Proof
6 Jackie Brown

To be honest i need to spend a week watching a film a night to decide this. Im torn between Pulp Fiction and Inglourious Basterds about second and third and between Death Proof and Jackie Brown for fifth and sixth.

User avatar
Kinick
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:21 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by Kinick » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:01 pm

I've seen it twice also -

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. Inglourious Basterds
4. Kill Bill vol. 2
5. Jackie Brown
6. Kill Bill vol. 1
7. Death Proof

Although IB is ranked third at the minute, 3, 4 and 5 are basically neck in neck.


Chapters -

1. Chapter One: Once Upon a Time in Nazi-Occupied France
2. Chapter Two: Inglourious Basterds
3. Chapter Five: Revenge of the Giant Face
4. Chapter Four: Operation Kino
5. Chapter Three: German Night in Paris

For me, Chapter 3 brings things down a lot. I'm not sure if it's the actors, the characters or just the fact that nothing really happens that is that exciting or interesting...except the part where Landa shows up for strudel. On second viewing I just couldn't wait for Chapter 4 to come.

User avatar
Bloomy92
Cowardly Lion
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by Bloomy92 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:59 pm

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Inglourious Basterds
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Kill Bill Vol.1
5. Kill Bill Vol. 2
6. Jackie Brown
7. Death Proof


1. Once Upon A Time In Nazi Occupied France
2. Revenge Of The Giant Face
3. Operation Kino
4. Inglourious Basterds
5. A German Night In Paris

Even though its not in the best chapter i think The Tavern scene was the best in the movie

User avatar
delvis_crasho
Cowardly Lion
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:31 am

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by delvis_crasho » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:05 pm

zeppelincheetah wrote:
delvis_crasho wrote:Oh my. What a challenge. This is a tentative list since we must give Basterds the "test of time." I'm also splitting Kill Bill into the two volumes.

Rank of The Movies Themselves:

01. Reservoir Dogs
02. Inglourious Basterds
03. Pulp Fiction
04. Kill Bill, Vol. 2
05. Jackie Brown
06. Kill Bill, Vol. 1
07. Death Proof

My Personal Taste (For The Helluvit)

01. Kill Bill, Vol. 2
02. Reservoir Dogs
03. Inglourious Basterds
04. Pulp Fiction
05. Death Proof
06. Kill Bill, Vol. 1
07. Jackie Brown

I should really give Jackie Brown another go & I sense Basterds will, over time, climb the ranks to #1.

I'm not going to rank the chapters, but I know my #1 would be torn between Chapter 1 & Chapter 4.


-dELVIS-
I don't understand when people do that. Why is there a difference between your opinion and what you think are the best? There should only be a list of your opinion. What do you base your ranking of "the movies themselves" on and why is it different from the other list? I'm not being an ass i'm just curious. :)
Not to worry, cheetah, no offense taken. I think it's pretty simple - the first list is me being objective, the second is not.

The first list is me removing my specific tastes. For instance, the second list's #1 is Kill Bill, Vol. 2 simply because the Spaghetti Western element & the performances of Michael Madsen & David Carridine. However, when I watch it (& enjoy it because of its sub-genre) I realize that I'm being bias. When I take away that bias Reservoir Dogs emerges as the best (at the moment).


-dELVIS-

User avatar
Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1881
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:53 am
Location: Milla's Womb
Contact:

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:47 pm

1. Inglourious Basterds
2. Kill Bill
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Reservoir Dogs
5. Jackie Brown
6. Death Proof

*You know what I can't really tabulate them too well. I mean when I'm in the mood for Dogs - I'll watch it and love it. The next day I'll be in the mood for Jackie and watch that. But it varies. But to me Inglourious Basterds is a master's work. One that even outstrips All About Eve. The colour of the characters and the way he moves them is so poetic. Fate is character. And Tarantino knows that so well, more than anyone. God, Col. Landa was such a delight. Heere's a guy that prides himself with integrity. He is not a man that gives a shit about the Nazis - maybe he once did in 1941 when he tells LaPadite how the moniker "Jew Hunter" prides him. But in 1944 in the very end when he talks to Aldo about his surrender he disregards his moniker "Jew Hunter" - then claims he is a "damn good detective". This movie will age so well. I've seen it 4 times already - three yesterday and I just came back from seeing it again. It's a masterpiece. Every bit of it. God bless Tarantino for making great films that we can look at forever.

Best Chapters. I liked them all. Every single one IS very important to move the plot forward.

1. Operation Kino
2. Inglourious Basterds
3. Once Upon A Time...
4. Revenge Of The Giant Face
5. German Night In Paris

I will note The Jew Bear's background was deleted, I would have liked to see that scene, I loved it so much. But still all the chapters were superb.

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by *G* » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:06 pm

1. Jackie Brown
2. Inglourious Basterds (Have to watch it a couple more times if it passes Jackie Brown.)
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Reservoir Dogs
5. Kill Bill
6. Death Proof

Like Bio, I thought the Chapters were all wonderful, so really no need in my part to list them.

Bio, I wonder if we may get the "Bear Jew" scene on the dvd release?

User avatar
RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1432
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:12 pm
Location: France

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by RatQuiRit » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:04 pm

Yes I'm wondering that about the Bear Jew too. I'd love to see that. And also, did QT shoot the Mimieux's story or not? I hope he did, but I have no idea if it only got cut or if he did not even shoot it.
Image
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:36 pm

After two viewings (and a hell of a weekend) I can safely say that the movie is no Jackie Brown but is on par with the great Pulp Fiction, which is in my opinion quit a feet ( ;D ).

Jackie Brown
Pulp Fiction/Inglourious Basterds
Kill Bill Vol. 2
Death Proof
Kill Bill Vol. 1

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:38 pm

RatQuiRit wrote:Yes I'm wondering that about the Bear Jew too. I'd love to see that. And also, did QT shoot the Mimieux's story or not? I hope he did, but I have no idea if it only got cut or if he did not even shoot it.
I've heard that they shot it but it was cut :'( . i believe there was an article with Cheung saying that she had worked with QT but she wasn't going to be in the movie.

User avatar
Kinick
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:21 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by Kinick » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:28 pm

I think Maggie Cheung mentioned recently that QT wants to put her scenes on the DVD...whether that means the initial DVD release or a special edition in 2015 is another question.

User avatar
RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1432
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:12 pm
Location: France

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by RatQuiRit » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:33 pm

Kinick wrote:I think Maggie Cheung mentioned recently that QT wants to put her scenes on the DVD...whether that means the initial DVD release or a special edition in 2015 is another question.
We'll have to wait till 2015 to have a special edition of IB?? My god, we'd probably all be dead by then :o
Bad news of the day :(
Image
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

User avatar
Kinick
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:21 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by Kinick » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:36 pm

RatQuiRit wrote:
Kinick wrote:I think Maggie Cheung mentioned recently that QT wants to put her scenes on the DVD...whether that means the initial DVD release or a special edition in 2015 is another question.
We'll have to wait till 2015 to have a special edition of IB?? My god, we'd probably all be dead by then :o
Bad news of the day :(
haha I was just being sarcastic since QT's movies take ages to come out on SE or have yet to come at all [Kill Bill].

User avatar
SharpestLives16
Kiddo
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:04 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by SharpestLives16 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:13 pm

Inglourious Basterds
Kill Bill (Film that made me a QT fan)
Pulp Fiction
Jackie Brown
Reservoir Dogs
Death Proof

Revenge of the Giant Face
Operation Kino
Once a Upon Time in a Nazi Occupied France
Inglourious Basterds
German Night in Paris

( I love all the chapters, I don't hate any of them)
Kinick wrote:I think Maggie Cheung mentioned recently that QT wants to put her scenes on the DVD...whether that means the initial DVD release or a special edition in 2015 is another question.
Yes!!!! ;D

User avatar
blue_lou_boyle
Basterd
Posts: 443
Joined: Sat Aug 21, 2004 4:31 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by blue_lou_boyle » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:34 am

Pulp Fiction
Reservoir Dogs
Inglourious Basterds
Kill Bill
Jackie Brown
Death Proof

Operation Kino (the bar scene is the greatest thing QT has ever done IMO - amazing!)
Revenge of the Giant Face
Once a Upon Time in a Nazi Occupied France
Inglourious Basterds
German Night in Paris

ThaDuke

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by ThaDuke » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:58 am

1.Pulp Fiction
2.Reservoir Dogs
3.Kill Bill
4.Jackie Brown
5.Inglourious Basterds
6.Death Proof

User avatar
RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1432
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:12 pm
Location: France

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by RatQuiRit » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:12 am

1. Kill Bill
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Inglourious Basterds
5/6. Death Proof / Jackie Brown


Took me 2 days to make that out. And IB would probably be n°3 if there weren't so much so-so scenes, especially the ones with Jacky Ido and few with Laurent (every time she flips out, out of the blue on her scenes with Brühl (ex: when she shows him her ID...wtf?, or in the bar, when she leaves like she started to have her period for the first time, so fake...and her false crying/nervous breakdown after having a nice glass of milk with landa :p).
That said, the scenes I like, I REALLY like.

For the chapters:

1. Once upon a time
2. Revenge of the Giant Face
3. Operation Kino
4. Inglourious Basterds
5. German Night in Paris

2, 3 and 4 are really close though
Image
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

User avatar
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1843
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:55 am

RatQuiRit wrote: Took me 2 days to make that out. And IB would probably be n°3 if there weren't so much so-so scenes, especially the ones with Jacky Ido and few with Laurent (every time she flips out, out of the blue on her scenes with Brühl (ex: when she shows him her ID...wtf?, or in the bar, when she leaves like she started to have her period for the first time, so fake...and her false crying/nervous breakdown after having a nice glass of milk with landa :p).
Were you there for the part at the beginning where the Nazi's killed her whole fucking family.

User avatar
RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1432
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:12 pm
Location: France

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by RatQuiRit » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:59 am

Yeah but can't you see how off her acting is? It didn't bother me too much until the 3rd watch. I think I'm not gonna see it again until it comes off on DVD, one more time and I would totally hate the stuff I just listed.
Image
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

*G*
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2569
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:30 pm
Location: United States of America

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by *G* » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:15 am

RatQuiRit wrote:Yeah but can't you see how off her acting is? It didn't bother me too much until the 3rd watch. I think I'm not gonna see it again until it comes off on DVD, one more time and I would totally hate the stuff I just listed.
Her weird facial acting to me was great, because IMO it was like a silent film type of acting Tarantino prob had her add to those scenes. Moods through faces.

User avatar
Annie Hall
Hard Drinker
Posts: 116
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 2:33 pm
Location: Greece
Contact:

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by Annie Hall » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:21 am

1. Inglourious Basterds
2. Reservoir Dogs
3. Pulp Fiction
4. Kill Bill
5. Jackie Brown
6. Death Proof


1. Once upon a time
2. Revenge of the Giant Face
3. Operation Kino
4. German Night in Paris
5. Inglourious Basterds

User avatar
RatQuiRit
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1432
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:12 pm
Location: France

Re: Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

Post by RatQuiRit » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:28 am

Well I guess understanding french makes me get all the falseness she brings to the screen, I'd rather not understand it and enjoy her scenes more, believe me I do. But I'd rather stop discussing it cause I really don't want to be dissing the movie while I actually loved it. As I said, it took me 2 days to figure that ranking out and even know I'm having second thoughts and would rather rank IB the same level as Pulp Fiction, that should mean something to all of you...PULP FICTION, GUYS :D
Image
"Grief is idiotic...I choose nothing: It's not better, but grief is a compromise. It's everything or nothing."

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests