If Tarantino's vision of World War II was real. Spoilers

Just posted this on IMDB, but i’ll share here.

Hitler dead in Paris, no Battle of Berlin, no Yalta Conference, no East-West stand off or solidarity.

Well we (the Allies) would have marched into Paris, and then of course we would’ve taken the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, the whole of German, Poland, Croatia, Serbia, Czech-Slovakia, etc etc… And the Russians would’ve only been able to conquer what was taken from them in the Eastern Front and not marched further into West Berlin and they would not have taken East Germany, or any of the Iron Curtain and of course we would’ve won the Cold War and Capitalism would’ve been rampant, also the end of the Final Solution would’ve lost a year, and perhaps Israel might never have been established… and who knows if we would’ve had the impetus to drop bombs on Japan after that (after all they weren’t developed until 1945). And who knows what would’ve happened in China and Vietnam? It boggles the mind. Any theories?

:police:

Allies would have conquered all western Europe? Why do you say that?

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Allies would have conquered all western Europe? Why do you say that?[/quote]

I said conquered, not occupied, when I say conquered I mean taken back from the Axis powers, just like we did in World War II, and sorry I didnt mean THE WHOLE of Western Europe, we wouldnt have conquered the neutral Switzerland, Spain etc... I meant the Nazi collaborators...

[quote=“Harz Mountains”][quote=“RatQuiRit”]Allies would have conquered all western Europe? Why do you say that?[/quote]

I said conquered, not occupied, when I say conquered I mean taken back from the Axis powers, just like we did in World War II, and sorry I didnt mean THE WHOLE of Western Europe, we wouldnt have conquered the neutral Switzerland, Spain etc... I meant the Nazi collaborators...[/quote]

Oh ok, then I agree these are interesting views. Although my knowledge about WWII and history in general doesn’t allow me to go further on this topic! I know I learned it all at some point, but I forgot many things.

Ahhh man it’s been one of the defining moments in human history, and it’s more interesting than a Tarantino film (as good as they are). World War II carries every single human emotion possible, envy, jealousy, racism, hatred, love, murder, intrigue, death, birth, destruction, chaos, redemption, punishment. Everything. I thrive on reading about World War II, it’s so interesting. Which is why I was just a tiny bit confused to see Tarantino absolutely butcher history. lol

well like he’s said in interviews, if his characters did exist during that time history would change. It makes sense. There are two kinds of WWII movies. One type accurately sticks to the facts and uses characters that were there in real life, and the other makes up characters that exist during the time period. Private Ryan and co. didn’t exist and if you think about it if there was an alternate reality in which they exist things probably would’ve been very different. It’s like the butterfly effect. Tarantino researched WWII extensively first intending to make it based on real events but then I think he reached the same conclusion. If he’s going to make up a story with made up characters, why not have the characters change history?

If the events in the movie did happen the Russians would help the U.S. fight the Japanese as promised (promised to help after they win the war against the nazis). The events take place in 1944, a year before the war actually ended. With Russian help, the United States might not have needed to use the atom bomb to end the war against the Japanese. The atom bomb was what prevented the cold war from being a real one. After the war instead of Europe being divided into east and west because of the territory gained in WWII the dominoes would fall in eastern Europe to communism. Dwight D. Eisenhower would never have risen to General of the Army and perhaps Robert A. Taft (the son of William Howard Taft) would instead be president in the 50’s (he was the runner up Republican to Eisenhower).

There would be a lull like the lull between WWI and WWII and then WWIII would break out between the East and West in the late 50’s or early 60’s and would end with the U.S. using atomic bombs on Russia, instead of on Japan. Russia, like Japan and Germany, would become a free country.

[quote=“zeppelincheetah”]well like he’s said in interviews, if his characters did exist during that time history would change. It makes sense. There are two kinds of WWII movies. One type accurately sticks to the facts and uses characters that were there in real life, and the other makes up characters that exist during the time period. Private Ryan and co. didn’t exist and if you think about it if there was an alternate reality in which they exist things probably would’ve been very different. It’s like the butterfly effect. Tarantino researched WWII extensively first intending to make it based on real events but then I think he reached the same conclusion. If he’s going to make up a story with made up characters, why not have the characters change history?

If the events in the movie did happen the Russians would help the U.S. fight the Japanese as promised (promised to help after they win the war against the nazis). The events take place in 1944, a year before the war actually ended. With Russian help, the United States might not have needed to use the atom bomb to end the war against the Japanese. The atom bomb was what prevented the cold war from being a real one. After the war instead of Europe being divided into east and west because of the territory gained in WWII the dominoes would fall in eastern Europe to communism. Dwight D. Eisenhower would never have risen to General of the Army and perhaps Robert A. Taft (the son of William Howard Taft) would instead be president in the 50’s (he was the runner up Republican to Eisenhower).

There would be a lull like the lull between WWI and WWII and then WWIII would break out between the East and West in the late 50’s or early 60’s and would end with the U.S. using atomic bombs on Russia, instead of on Japan. Russia, like Japan and Germany, would become a free country.[/quote]

Interesting vision and you certainly know your history/mid 20th century politics. But I dont see your vision happening myself.

[quote=“Harz Mountains”][quote=“zeppelincheetah”]well like he’s said in interviews, if his characters did exist during that time history would change. It makes sense. There are two kinds of WWII movies. One type accurately sticks to the facts and uses characters that were there in real life, and the other makes up characters that exist during the time period. Private Ryan and co. didn’t exist and if you think about it if there was an alternate reality in which they exist things probably would’ve been very different. It’s like the butterfly effect. Tarantino researched WWII extensively first intending to make it based on real events but then I think he reached the same conclusion. If he’s going to make up a story with made up characters, why not have the characters change history?

There would be a lull like the lull between WWI and WWII and then WWIII would break out between the East and West in the late 50’s or early 60’s and would end with the U.S. using atomic bombs on Russia, instead of on Japan. Russia, like Japan and Germany, would become a free country.[/quote]

Interesting vision and you certainly know your history/mid 20th century politics. But I dont see your vision happening myself.[/quote]
thanks. the politics i had to look up on wikipedia actually...