The First QT Film I'll See On The Big Screen!

I have been a fan of Quentin’s work for a few years now, Inglourious Basterds will be the one which will stand out to me because this will be the first film I seen on the big screen by Quentin Tarantino. Me, always loving movies, never heard of Quentin Tarantino. The first QT movie I seen was Kill Bill Vol. 1, I was pretty young to see a movie like KB, but I was dieing to see it, so my mom being (like Quentin said once) a “cool parent”, she rented it for me. I was so inspired by it, but went on with other things until years later I watched it the second time, second time is the charm is suppose. He has inspired me into so many ways, from his screenplays to the music he uses. August 21st I will see my first QT movie on the big screen! anyone elses first big screen QT film? let me hear your thoughts! ;D

My first big screen QT film was Death Proof. It was awesome ;D

[quote=“Eastern Beauty”]My first big screen QT film was Death Proof. It was awesome ;D[/quote]

I bet with all the car sounds and crashing sounds, it was awesome.

I still remember growing a dodgey 16 year old beard to see Kill Bill vol 1 (which was an 18 rating at the time in Ireland). it was so amazing it inspired me to choose movies as a career!

[quote=“¤Lone¤Mutt¤”]I have been a fan of Quentin’s work for a few years now, Inglourious Basterds will be the one which will stand out to me because this will be the first film I seen on the big screen by Quentin Tarantino. Me, always loving movies, never heard of Quentin Tarantino. The first QT movie I seen was Kill Bill Vol. 1, I was pretty young to see a movie like KB, but I was dieing to see it, so my mom being (like Quentin said once) a “cool parent”, she rented it for me. I was so inspired by it, but went on with other things until years later I watched it the second time, second time is the charm is suppose. He has inspired me into so many ways, from his screenplays to the music he uses. August 21st I will see my first QT movie on the big screen! anyone elses first big screen QT film? let me hear your thoughts! ;D[/quote]

This is actually my second QT film. My first was Grindhouse - though I became a fan in 2003 after Kill Bill Vol. I I’m seing this one all day long tomorrow! 8)

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”][quote=“¤Lone¤Mutt¤”]This is actually my second QT film. My first was Grindhouse - though I became a fan in 2003 after Kill Bill Vol. I I’m seing this one all day long tomorrow! 8)[/quote][/quote]

we all have been talking bout IB for ages and now its finally here ;D

IB would be my second, Death Proof being my first. I’m still mad I didnt go see Kill Bill when I had a chance >:(

Its funny, I took my mother to see this, and she doesnt usually like violent movies, but when she seen this she was cheering when hitler and the other nazi’s were being blown up and shot to death. We were in a hurry to see the 6:30 showing, as we stopped, a fucking pig pulled us over for “speeding”. My mom all upset because this was her first ticket, but she pulled together because she knew i wanted to see this movie so badly. We sit down and hear The Green Leaves of Summer, (Chapter 1): Once Upon a nazi occupied france. As you hear the beautiful summer wind glizning, you all of a sudden hear the nazis in the distance, later, as they’re talking, and Hans starts talking about the missing family you feel sense such fear, and tension, as though you’re being the one interrogated. You feel such sadness when Shosanna Dreyfus is killed, but she has the most glorious scene in IB, she comes up on the screen, telling them that her, a jew, will all be killed because of her. Hans thinking he has gotten away completely, gets something he can’t take off by Aldo. The part where hitler is killed by Donny, and another basterd, was suprising, but at the sametime… not really. there is no real proof that hitler had really killed himself, so it worked perfectly… This is probably my 2nd favorite movie by QT. The amazing thing was after the movie was over, the audience cheered, yelled, and clapped. I can’t really so too much right now because I just saw it, and I’m kinda speechless… I came out grinning, and forgot that we had even gotten a ticket from the fucking pig, any movie that can get my mind off shit in real life, is the movie for me.

Way to throw away loads of spoilers in an inappropriate thread! Good job :smiley:

Nice read though… although your Hitler comment makes me wonder if you got the point of the movie actually xD

This is my 4th QT film on screen. I got into QT in early 2003 (freshman year of college), which was a great time to get into QT movies because that fall Kill Bill Volume 1 came out. I remember I liked it so much I saw it two or three times in theaters. The same went for Kill Bill Volume 2. I only saw Grindhouse once in theaters, but it was a great experience. I plan to see Inglourious Basterds at least one more time. I saw it at 3:15 today - IB didn’t have a midnight show where I live unfortunately.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Way to throw away loads of spoilers in an inappropriate thread! Good job :smiley:

Nice read though…[/quote]

I don’t really care where I put my reviews, I was telling my experience of the first QT movie I seen on the screen. If you haven’t seen the movie, and you shouldn’t had read what I wrote.

My first QT movie on the big screen and my first midnight movie!

[quote=“Tls321”]My first QT movie on the big screen and my first midnight movie![/quote]

Nice.

[quote=“¤Lone¤Mutt¤”][quote=“RatQuiRit”]Way to throw away loads of spoilers in an inappropriate thread! Good job :smiley:

Nice read though…[/quote]

I don’t really care where I put my reviews, I was telling my experience of the first QT movie I seen on the screen. If you haven’t seen the movie, and you shouldn’t had read what I wrote.[/quote]

Well, you shouldn’t really care about where you put your reviews, but you should care about throwing away spoilers like that without any warning. Some people here did a pretty good job avoiding them for more than a year, imagine if they stumble upon your H-BOMB…I’m just saying.

How could people possibly know they shouldn’t read your review if you don’t warn them?

And thanks but I’ve already seen it, I was just thinking about others. And I stand by that statement about Hitler that you didn’t quote.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”][quote=“¤Lone¤Mutt¤”][quote=“RatQuiRit”]Well, you shouldn’t really care about where you put your reviews, but you should care about throwing away spoilers like that without any warning. Some people here did a pretty good job avoiding them for more than a year, imagine if they stumble upon your H-BOMB…I’m just saying.

How could people possibly know they shouldn’t read your review if you don’t warn them?

And thanks but I’ve already seen it, I was just thinking about others. And I stand by that statement about Hitler that you didn’t quote.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

I was naturally going to tell everyone what I thought about during the film, first spoiler someone comes across, then stop reading… don’t read on, sorry if I ruin it for ya. And I didn’t find it necessary to quote your remark about me not understanding the pliot of the movie, Its simple if you need me to explain for you: Its about a band of Jewish-American soilders killing nazis and actually were luckey enough to kill hitler too. If I missed anything, I’m sorry I’m not a total genius.