Rodriguez and Tarantino Are going head to head at the box office on the 21st

Robert Rodriguez Shorts hits August 21st and so does Quentin Taraintino’s Inglourious Basterds

thats crazy :smiley:

that’s weird, but then again those movies have different audiences.

tarantino gone destroyed him.

sorry roberto.

I predict that IB will only do slightly better at the BO than Shorts.

IB is gonna be the obvious winner here.

Sadly all the kids will go back to school after Basterds is out, so that can’t help it all too much I think. Then again August will be abit of an off moth with no great pictures that can stand against Basterds.

it would suck and be funny at the same time if Shorts made more money

I noticed the date when I took my daughter to see Harry Potter. I was like, “August 21st?!” “WTF?!” It seems stupid, at first. Obviously, I’m in the minority of people who will take their kid to see IB, but I’m NOT the only one taking their kid to see Shorts. Busy weekend for the cinema.

I wonder if Quentin and Robert planned it, so that the parents can let their kids watch Robert’s film while they go see IB.

I don’t see why they would HAVE to have the SAME release date…

[quote=“Movie_Villain”]
it would suck and be funny at the same time if Shorts made more money
[/quote]

well it’s a kid’s movie. IB will probably make the same change Kill Bill made. I’d say 80M tops in the U.S. alone. Number 1 opening week with 27-35M. Maybe, what do I know, wild guess.

I haven’t seen anyone pushing Shorts yet… I did see a trailer for it at Harry Potter, and have yet to see an IB trailer at the cinema… Who knows. Depends on what other “kiddie” movies are out within a couple of weeks before. Ice Age 3 is already old news, and G-Force hit today… Anyone know of more kiddie flicks out before then?

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]
I noticed the date when I took my daughter to see Harry Potter. I was like, “August 21st?!” “WTF?!” It seems stupid, at first. Obviously, I’m in the minority of people who will take their kid to see IB, but I’m NOT the only one taking their kid to see Shorts. Busy weekend for the cinema.

I wonder if Quentin and Robert planned it, so that the parents can let their kids watch Robert’s film while they go see IB.

I don’t see why they would HAVE to have the SAME release date…
[/quote]

Well, don’t forget. They’re releasing that fifteen minute footage of AVATAR (the Third Reich of CGI cinema) on the 21st of August now. That’s going to do SOMETHING to Basterd’s pull.

[quote=“F.W.”]
Well, don’t forget. They’re releasing that fifteen minute footage of AVATAR (the Third Reich of CGI cinema) on the 21st of August now. That’s going to do SOMETHING to Basterd’s pull.
[/quote]

True. However, the last I checked, it was only being released w/ whatever bullshit is playing at IMAX theaters on that day. So, I doubt that will have very much effect on Basterds’ gross. Nice try, though. :wink:

[quote=“C.C. Baxter”]
True. However, the last I checked, it was only being released w/ whatever bullshit is playing at IMAX theaters on that day. So, I doubt that will have very much effect on Basterds’ gross. Nice try, though. :wink:
[/quote]

Don’t underestimate the loyalty of 20 year old ComicCon virgins.

We’re talking about the Fuhrer of CGI here, man.

Aldo and co. are in for a battle.

[quote=“F.W.”]

[/quote]

We don’t have any of those in South Texas. If we did, I’d have hooked up with them.

(edit: THIS IS MY 2000th POST MOTHERFUCKERS!!! Haha… I just noticed when I posted. Gawd I’m a sad case)

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]
We don’t have any of those in South Texas. If we did, I’d have hooked up with them.

(edit: THIS IS MY 2000th POST MOTHERFUCKERS!!! Haha… I just noticed when I posted. Gawd I’m a sad case)
[/quote]

Happy 2000, with useless posts I am nearing my 1000th, and being here for 2+ years isn’t depressing at all.

[quote=“G”]
Happy 2000, with useless posts I am nearing my 1000th, and being here for 2+ years isn’t depressing at all.
[/quote]

It’s really not… You’ve probably posted like you’re “supposed” to… according to the QTA police.

Does the QTA police have QT chins and look like English guards with sticks?

[quote=“F.W.”]

We’re talking about the Fuhrer of CGI here, man.

Aldo and co. are in for a battle.
[/quote]

You do raise a valid point there. I can just see the brood of horny, man-child dweebs

rushing like a stampede of overweight lemurs to their nearest IMAX sucktion port to

throw money hand-over-Boba-Fett-action-dolly to see the “Uhh-mayyzingg!!

first 15 of Avatar. Even if every IMAX screen in the country were only doing a

special 1 & 3/4 year anniversary re-showing of Enchanted on August 21st…

Yay… This is my 400th post. I feels so spurcial…

[quote=“G”]
Does the QTA police have QT chins and look like English guards with sticks?
[/quote]

They look like pretty french girls, or tall, dark and handsome British blokes.

[quote=“C.C. Baxter”]
You do raise a valid point there. I can just see the brood of horny, man-child dweebs

rushing like a stampede of overweight lemurs to their nearest IMAX sucktion port to

throw money hand-over-Boba-Fett-action-dolly to see the “Uhh-mayyzingg!!

first 15 of Avatar. Even if every IMAX screen in the country were only doing a

special 1 & 3/4 year anniversary re-showing of Enchanted on August 21st…

Yay… This is my 400th post. I feels so spurcial…
[/quote]

1. Awesome. Happy 400th. :slight_smile: Just posting shit right now.