Basterds prequal cast?

If a prequal gets the go ahead, who should be cast as the group of african-american soldiers who meet up with the Basterds?

I havnt given it much thought but i think DENZEL WASHINGTON would be awesome as the groups LT!

what does everyone else think? ::slight_smile:

[quote=“blackened88”]
If a prequal gets the go ahead, who should be cast as the group of african-american soldiers who meet up with the Basterds?

I havnt given it much thought but i think DENZEL WASHINGTON would be awesome as the groups LT!

what does everyone else think? ::slight_smile:
[/quote]

Well obviously Samuel Jackson!

Even more obviously: Fred Williamson

Yeah, so Denzel can continue his streak of playing the same character in every movie.

Yeh Sam Jackson could be a given, i wonder though how QT would make sense of Sam Jackson’s character being the narrator of Inglourious Basterds?

Maybe QT could do what the Coen brothers did in ‘The Big Lebowski’ when the dude meets the narrator of the film. It doesnt have to make sense, it just breaks the 4th wall!

Eddie Murphy… somewhat washed up old 80’s star

[quote=“blackened88”]
Yeh Sam Jackson could be a given, i wonder though how QT would make sense of Sam Jackson’s character being the narrator of Inglourious Basterds?

Maybe QT could do what the Coen brothers did in ‘The Big Lebowski’ when the dude meets the narrator of the film. It doesnt have to make sense, it just breaks the 4th wall!
[/quote]

Hmmm, has he broken the 4th wall before? Oh wait just as I was typing that I thought of Death Proof, so I guess it’s in his realm of possibilities.

I haven’t read the script, so I don’t know what the narrator says (and don’t want to know), but it would be cool if he starts the prequal with Sam L. talking to the audience and it is revealed that the audience is really his company of Black soldiers. So basically his narration in IB would be like him telling the story of the IB to his soldiers after the prequal.

Fred Williamson would be great as the first Black US commander of a secretive black batallion (sp?). Cigar in mouth, and plenty of expletives FTW.

Oh and about Denzel, I’m not sure about playin an Lt.

I’d much rather see him as some crazy psychopath mumbling to himself sharpening his knives. Or you can give him the silent role ala DeNiro.

What about Gary Oldman as the main Nazi villain? I’d love to see Oldman directed by QT. I like his ver the top, weirded out performances. Plus he’s been in some Luc Besson films and in True Romance so he can’t be more than 3 phone calls away.

And while my mind is going crazy, how about Jackie Earle Haley as a crazed up Nazi villaim sidekick. Not sure if he can speak german, but that would be cool.

[quote=“nublob”]
Eddie Murphy… somewhat washed up old 80’s star
[/quote]

Eddie Murphy falls under the category of Mike Myers. Mike was in trouble after making the Love Guru…however Eddie Murphy has made The Haunted Mansion, Meet Dave and Imagine That etc… sooo no, I would not take him at all

*EDIT Not to mention Daddy Day Care

Yeah but what about the old SNL sketches (Mr. Robinson’s Neighborhood) and Beverly Hills Cop and 48 hours… he made some decent movies at one time before he got involved with all that Disney schlock

[quote=“PFC Baelin Utivich”]
Eddie Murphy falls under the category of Mike Myers. Mike was in trouble after making the Love Guru…however Eddie Murphy has made The Haunted Mansion, Meet Dave and Imagine That etc… sooo no, I would not take him at all

[/quote]

Your nuts sir, Eddie Murphy would be great under QT’s direction, not to mention almost certainly bring him back in a badly needed way. There’s hope for the fucker yet, if somebody just used him properly.

How about Dave Chappelle Mos Def Chris Rock that black guy from Tropic Thunder whose name I can’t remember and that black guy from True Blood that plays the gay drug dealer short order cook

[/quote]

Eddie Murphy’s stand up is some of the greatest shit of all time. Not to mention that in the '80s the man was a God of comedy films. It wasn’t till just recently that Beverly Hills Cop lost its 25 year title of highest grossing R comedy of all time to The Hangover. Not that popularity means quality but to compare him to Mike Myers is insane…

Don Cheadle

And is the Hangover really THAT good?

[quote=“nublob”]
[/quote]

Not in my diagnosis… I got a few decent chuckles out of it, but it was nothing memorable.

[quote=“nublob”]
Don Cheadle

[/quote]

Personally, not as good as Old School but I was glad to see Galifianakis doing a film and not sacrificing any of the qualities that make him hilarious.

[quote=“nublob”]
Don Cheadle

[/quote]

I think its this year’s “Superbad”

I think its this year’s “Superbad”
[/quote]

Well, at least someone still believes everything critics say.

I’ve happen to have seen this movie 2 times and don’t read reviews for every possible movie out there… Those were my words