I want a XYZ retrospective

• From Dusk Till Dawn
  • Reservoir Dogs
  • True Romance
  • Pulp Fiction
  • My Best Friend’s Birthday
  • (suggest your own)

0 voters

… pay hommage to one of QT’s older entries in his filmography by dedicating an entire month to it.

I am putting a few films to a vote, and whatever film has the most votes, will be put forward as a “Tarantino.info’s XYZ retrospective”

I voted for RD, first movie, first masterpiece, probably my fav by the man.

It has to be Reservoir Dogs for me too. Not only the best of his early work but IMO his best ever.

I voted for Reservoir Dogs too. Although Pulp is my all time fav, I’ve been feeling very nostalgic about the Dogs recently…it’s also the first I seen by the Q man and introduced me to whole new world of entertainment. :wink:

You can never have enough information on Pulp Fiction.

[quote=“Ify”]
You can never have enough information on Pulp Fiction.
[/quote]

spoken like a true prodigy

I voted for Pulp Fiction. I love them all, but Pulp Friction is the clear winner.

voted for From Dusk Till Dawn… because there hasnt been much talk of it in a while… i wouldn’t mind Reservoir Dogs… but since i hear about Pulp Friction all the time i didnt see much point in voting for it…

I voted From Dusk Till Dawn as well. It seems to go highly unappreciated. Robert and Quentin bring out the best in each other, and this flick is proof.

[quote=“Geoi”]
I voted From Dusk Till Dawn as well. It seems to go highly unappreciated. Robert and Quentin bring out the best in each other, and this flick is proof.
[/quote]
Good point, the reason I voted FDTD as well. True Romance is considered the best thing he wrote but didn’t direct while FDTD gets much less attention.

Pulp Fiction. The reasons -

1. He both wrote it and directed it.
  2. By many, it’s still regarded as the peak of his career.
  3. There are a shitload of things to talk about in that movie.

what scarface said/

Why those choices? PF is my fav, but Kill Bill is my next fav since it was writ and produces etc…all by the man

[quote=“Geoi”]
[/quote]

the reason it is highly unappreciated is because it begins as a magnificient film and ends as a cheesy low-budget vampire flick.

[quote=“eazye”]
Why those choices? PF is my fav, but Kill Bill is my next fav since it was writ and produces etc…all by the man
[/quote]

Because it states above ‘his older entries’…and in my opnion his best.

I could’ve put Jackie Brown in there, but I thought for the first retrospective we’re doing in a long time, let’s keep it to the pre JB era. we can always do another one later this year, if this one will be deemed a success

The second part of From Dusk Till Dawn might not be magnificent but its hell fun and a laugh… Anyway i didn’t think this was “whats the best tarantino film?.. lets talk about that” …its called “What we haven’t done in a long time” and when did we ever stop talking about Pulp Fiction? What havnt we said about it? But if you guys think you can keep it interesting then it should be fine i guess… it is Pulp Fiction after all…

Is Mrs. Wallace attracted to Vince Vega?

[quote=“eazye”]
Is Mrs. Wallace attracted to Vince Vega?
[/quote]

to clarify this: whatever movie gets enough votes, I will pick for a retrospective, giving the film some time in the spotlight. it will most likely mean, that i will pick a few topics and give them a story on the frontpage, while at the same time, me and the community (YOU ALL) will hopefully take the opportunity and try to improve whatever information we have on the film in The Archives.

the goal of the retrospective is therefore not only a) to dig out some old forum topics on the film or b) to endlessly discuss the same shit over and over again but more likely c) to bring some topics and aspects back into the spotlight, especially on the frontpage, with a good chance new visitors rediscover some of the older films and d) increase efforts towards increasing the quality of information on that film in The Archives (pictures, reviews, trivia, etc).

My bad. So does she have the hots for him or not? ok…won’t do it again…