A Hommage to The Quentin Tarantino Archives

by Pete Roberts.

What can I say? I’m humbled, deeply. I have tears in my eyes. A great hommage to this website. Enjoy watching and thanks to Pete for wasting time on that, it shall be remembered forever, and I try to honor this effort by continuing to put lots of work into this website, among other things finishing the transition to the wiki by no later than october 31st of this year

That was one cool montage. It reminded me why I love QT so much.

I enjoyed it 8)

Very Nice.

If petes watching what did you use to make that video?

I don’t know if there is only one Spaghetti Western Database, but I was just watching a two-part clip named Quentin Tarantino & Zoe Bell at Formula Un Race where he is being interviewed by some German dude. Anyway, he asks what QT’s favourite website is and this is what he answers…

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … ed&search=”>- YouTube</LINK_TEXT>

But he says it’s in America. It’d be funny if it is Seb’s website he’s talkign about because obviously he’s German and QT was in Germany at the time, haha.

Hey Pete…good work. http://www.insyt.biz/new/html/meettheteam.php

I guess you’re not at all what I imagined you to be. Sorry about that.

hehe wtf?

I think that’s our Pete. Don’t know for sure, but I’m kind of sure. Probably not, he had a lot of free time and the guy in this picture looks like his company is pretty productive - no…that ain’t Pete.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I think that’s our Pete. [/quote]

Haha, look at you, all loved up. It’s really quite charming.

And it turns out that QT was speaking about Seb’s website. Seb said he also mentioned it in the interview with him. Talking of which, I just read again, and FUCK, to think he may have read something I wrote. Fucking wow.

Check this out

- YouTube

The interviewer is pretty shit. He had a better thing going with QT, but the Zoe one was ridiculous. I loved that end bit from Zoe, haha, she is hilarious. I loved how QT said it was the Spaghetti Western Database, he didn’t catch on that the guy interviewing him represented a website.

Does anyone know what QT says at 02:23 in this vid:

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … ed&search=”>DEATH PROOF - Tarantino in Berlin - YouTube</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“Ify”]
Check this out

- YouTube

The interviewer is pretty shit. He had a better thing going with QT, but the Zoe one was ridiculous. I loved that end bit from Zoe, haha, she is hilarious. I loved how QT said it was the Spaghetti Western Database, he didn’t catch on that the guy interviewing him represented a website.
[/quote]

most awesome. but compare the language to what he said to me in the interview a few months back. using almost the same words, but now it’s officially his favorite website :slight_smile:

[quote=“Ify”]
Does anyone know what QT says at 02:23 in this vid:

<LINK_TEXT text=“- YouTube … ed&search=”>DEATH PROOF - Tarantino in Berlin - YouTube</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

at first it looks like he’s screaming at Paula, the poor girl, but then they’re laughing. I can’t make out what it is he’s saying

“do you think i give a shit about the godamn fans”, he says then “TRUCE!” ;D

[quote=“Biohazard”]
“do you think i give a shit about the godamn fans”, he says then “TRUCE!” ;D
[/quote]

If he did say that, it would be “Do you think I give a fucking shit about the goddamn fans”. Haha, and if he did say that, I guess people not turning up to watch his movie really pissed him off. So after that he said “Truce” as in, you go watch my movie, and I’ll sign your autographs? If that’s true, why would he say it there, I mean weren’t those people going to see Death Proof?

If there was one genre I didn’t want QT to tackle, it would be horror and when I heard about Grindhouse I was really annoyed (of course I’d go see it anyway). Well if “I” was thinking that, a massive QT fan, imagine what all the other people were thinking?! And also, interestingly enough, QT knew it wouldn’t do that well, he wasn’t sure of it. I just feel he should be his own man, and not dick ride RR.

Hey Quentin, why not make Inglorious Bastards then as opposed to something hardly anyone has any interest in. Even the haters want IB!!

OK, lets not go into QT bashing mode. Just because Death Proof wasnt a big hit doesnt mean its not good. Although i really do think that QT shouldnt go along with everything RR wants to do. They should just stick to doing their own work and be best buddies on the side. If QT wants to take chances on things it should be because of an idea HE has, not Rodriguez.

Who can really gauge what people want or dont want to see? Its a crapshoot these days. Just because a film (like IB) is really big and epic doesnt mean everyone will want to see that either. You cant tell an artist to only do one kind of film. That would be really dull IMO. Imagine if QT just turned out crime films one after another? I wouldnt want that. He has to venture into new territories to keep it interesting.

Its about the quality of the work now. If he starts doing crap, its on him.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Just because Death Proof wasnt a big hit doesnt mean its not good. Although i really do think that QT shouldnt go along with everything RR wants to do. They should just stick to doing their own work and be best buddies on the side.

I still blame RR fpr giving QT his first flop. It was just a bad concept from the beginning.

Also, who can really gauge what people want or dont want to see? Its a crapshoot these days. Just because a film is really big and epic doesnt mean everyone will want to see it.
[/quote]

Oh yeah, I loved Death Proof. However, it didn’t work as a horror film at all. At no point was I scared.

Furthermore, if you bounce an idea around, you will get a taste for what people feel about it. Then he should decide if it’s worth it. He shouldn’t always do this, only when he thinks he’s taking a risk. I mean his previous 4 choices were incredibly popular. But nobody gave a shit about Death Proof. Also, if he wasn’t 100% goign in to it, why the fuck carry on? He said to an interviewer that he didn’t think it would do well, that he didn’t think there were enough people out there who would feel what it is he’s trying to do. He was 100% right.

Furthermore, if you read what people have to say about IB, you will know that almost everyone wants him to make it. It’s guaranteed to make him money. Also, if it turns out to be his masterpiece word of mouth will get out and then it’s sure to be successful.

He can’t have the best of both worlds. If he wants to make the movies he wants, he is goign to have to accept that there aren’t that many people that share his tastes (relatively speaking). If he wants them to do good, he is going to have to cater for the majority. He has kept that balance in the past with his first 3 films. Kill Bill was pushing it a little and with DP, he completely pushed it to the edge. It’s QT at his most self indulgent. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, but if you’re going to do that, you are going to have to accept that the majority of people out there won’t be on his wavelength. DP really seperated the QT fans from the “QT fans”. I gave DP a 9.5/10!

[quote=“Ify”]
Oh yeah, I loved Death Proof. However, it didn’t work as a horror film at all. At no point was I scared.

[/quote]

Are there any movies that actually scare you? I mean, honestly. I am a huge horror movie fan, but no movie hardly ever “scares” me these days. I miss my days as a kid when something as standard as IT would absolutely terrify me.

Death Proof was never supposed to be just a horror film. Its a weird mix of diff subgenres. I think that was QTs concept from the beginning. QT is a movie expert. If he had wanted to just do a straight up horror film, he would have. He knew that people dont get scared by most horror films (I know I dont), so why would he even bother to do the same old ABC slasher film formula? He made something different that cant really be defined as one type of film. I found it really interesting myself. Id say it is def his most experimental film so far.

In order to actually be frightening i think a film needs to be totally geared towards that in tone and atmosphere, and personally i think there are only a few films that really succeed at it… i dont think Deathproof was aiming for that… i have to say i prefer it when Qing i mean Tarantinos works gravitate more to being whatever he wants rather then confining them to meet mass appeal… even if that is self indulgence… personally i just lap it up… i guess its because im totally on that same wavelength… Id like to see more Deathproofs… though only slightly more then stuff like kill bill which goes slightly the other way…