Will Kill Bill Be Quentin's Best?

toothpick is right, there are a lot of movies that are split in two. that doesn’t mean that it’s a sequel. a sequel is a whole other story. it’s like the matrix 2 and 3. they’re both one big story.

Mr. White, your answer was contradicting itself. Toothpick said that Kill Bill Parts 1 and 2 aren’t sequels, and you agreed. However you said it’s like the matrix 2 and 3, which are one big story, but they are sequels. The directers call them sequels. So which is it? Is kill bill two movies or one movie split in two.

it’s one movie split in two, Badmotherfucker. but to me the matrix 2 and 3 seem like one big sequel to the first matrix movie.

[quote]

NBK (Stone didnt stay true to QTS screenplay) and FDTD (QT wrote the screenplay) arent 100% QT movies. They were directed by Oliver Stone and Robert Rodriguez. I dont even consider them QT films. Especially NBK.
[/quote]

I agree they are not true Quentin movies, but they exist in the same “universe”. Quentin has said in the past that there are two “universes” that his movies exist in. The “real” world and the “movie movie” universe. The movie movie universe are movies that QT’s characters from the real world can watch. These include NBK, FDTD and Kill Bill. I think. It will be especially cool if the Texas Ranger in Kill Bill (played by Michael Parks) is Earl McGraw from From Dusk Till Dawn.

I don’t know f you want to make the argument that Kill Bill is going to be the best QT film ever because he has been directing longer. Is Episode I better than Episode IV? Why not? George Lucas had been directing longer, shouldn’t Episode I be the better film?

How about the Godfather vs. Godfather III? Mean streets or raging bull vs. Gangs of New York?

[quote]

I don’t know f you want to make the argument that Kill Bill is going to be the best QT film ever because he has been directing longer.  Is Episode I better than Episode IV?  Why not?  George Lucas had been directing longer, shouldn’t Episode I be the better film?

How about the Godfather vs. Godfather III?  Mean streets or raging bull vs. Gangs of New York?

[/quote]
The George Lucas example isn’t really the best example though seeing as he made 3 films and then quit directing for 20 years so he was not exactly going to be in the best position for following up one of the most successful sci-fi series of films ever.  The Francis Ford Coppola/ Martin Scorsese points make sense though.

Quentin Tarantino is THE best writer/director in film today. Why do I think that? Because QT can tell a story and he doesnt fuck around like most directors do. When you go see a QT film you KNOW that your going to see a great film that has a beginning, a middle and an end. They might be all mixed up, but your getting a REAL STORY. QT DIRECTS, he doesnt let everyone else do his work, he gets in there and CREATES his cinematic visions. And unlike most directors, he does ithe film right the FIRST time. Even on Reservoir Dogs, his 1st film, he said he didnt wanna do anything over. No regrets.

I havent seen Kill Bill yet, but I have a strong belief that it will be his best work yet. No, its not Dogs or Pulp, but as a new work of art, it will be his most brilliant and exciting.

How can you compare Lucas’ shitty SW prequels to Quentin Tarantinos films? Thats a total insult. Your comparing a real ON THE SPOT LIVE ACTION director to a hack that fills his films with fake imagery and CGI SHIT.

It’s just one great fucking movie after another. See, even though I think Pulp is Qt’s current best, I really can’t rank his films, because they’re all fucking good. So Kill Bill, even though there’s a chance it isn’t his best, I’ll still like it if QT stays true to his style. Actually, I have a hunch that Ebert, the QT lover he is, will hate this one. I just have a feeling.

But anyway, I’m just as excited for Inglorious Bastards. I mean, come on, QT doing a movie about WWII + Nazi’s!!! QT and NAZI’s!! CAN YOU FUCKING IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES?? QT has just outdone himself. Toothpick has said it, he’s the best fucking director ever.

QT does NOT need to do sequels-we ALL notice references to his other works in each movie! 8)

[quote] Actually, I have a hunch that Ebert, the QT lover he is, will hate this one. I just have a feeling.

[/quote]

I doubt it. Ebert gave MIGHTY PEKING MAN the thumbs up, and we know how campy (and fun lol) that was! I think Ebert will like it, and he’s never been one to shy away from violence, like Mike Clark (USA Today), and besides he gave IRREVERSIBLE thumbs up as well, and I know KILL BILL, no matter what, will not be as violent or dark as that film.

Will KILL BILL be his best? I don’t care, but I do think it’ll be great. I havent read the script and most of the spoiler shit I do know is from Harry’s set visits, which really isn’t that much. At the very least it’ll be good; at the very best it’ll be great.