Who do you think should be in Inglorious Bastards?

I really dont want to see Clooney in this. He was in Three Kings, so he shouldnt be in Bastards. Hes too Hollywood right now. Id like to see a new group of guys that QT hasnt worked with mixed in with a few of his previous actors (Svenson, Madsen, Roth, maybe Sam Jackson). It should have a dynamic thats offbeat and edgy.

To me, Inglorious Bastards doesnt really mean: John Wayne WW2 film. It makes me think of a bunch of fuckin misfit wackos that are the bottom of the barrel and are given a chance to get out of the shit theyre in. More like the kind of characters you’d see in a spaghetti western. The Dirty Dozen meets The GBU.

I love the kinds of men on a mission films where the guys hate each other at the beginning, but by the end they have sort of come together as friends/have a mutual respect and theres a short flash of glory and redemption for them. I know QT will have a kickass story with lots of those great character arcs and conflictions.

I’d cream my pants if “John Morgan” appeared!

[quote=“Carlos”]
Those are all nice names, but would it really make sense to include all those old guys (for a war movie)? Persons like Michael Madsen,Tim Roth etc. are ok, but Sutherland,Keitel or Burt Reynolds??? You cannot be serious!
[/quote]

Well, if you look at Tarantino’s track record with actors, he just loves the old guys (Kurt Russel,Robert Forster,David Carradine,Michael Parks,Sid Haig,etc) plus it’s the norm for plenty of WWII movies where the squad leader is damn near elderly (Like Lee Marvin in Big Red One or William Holden in The Devil’s Brigade)

I honestly really don’t care about the U.S. soldier casting. I’m just more jazzed about the Axis casting and I’m sure he’s gonna come up with some great surprises.

I think he should go for the big money on this film. Guys will automatically want to see a war film. Your average American woman needs to be tempted with the popularity of the actors.

Johnny Depp

Brad Pitt

Ben Foster

Wentworth Miller

Gerard Butler

Dwayne Johnson

Shia LaBeouf

Bruce Campbell will always bring out the deadites!

I agree, you could use some of them, but in majority I think better use young and new actors.Nothing against those old dudes,I love them myself. Of course it all depends on the storyline.

But it´s funny that everybody wants to see Germans in the cast.

Fuck Shia LeBeouf. QT needs some hard edged fucking badasses for this movie, not some baby faced pussy. Shia LeBeouf wouldn’t even survive one minute on a battlefield.

I guess it really comes down to who is right for the part. I dont think QT is prejudiced against the A list guys. I cant see someone like Shia LeBouf in this film. Hes from the Spielberg/Bay camp. He doesnt fit the QT style at all.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
I doubt QTs going to cast all real big name stars. Its going to be guys who are known but arent on the A list.
[/quote]

it’s gonna be actors who he thinks fit the role best, like always. Thank god QT isn’t forced by the production company or by anybody else to put in some Hollywood A-list douchebag that wouldn’t fit. Tom Cruise as Stauffenberg, anyone?

I dont think QT will ever work with someone like Cruise. QT definitely casts differently than most directors. He usually gets old Exploitation film actors and guys who are on the B and C list in Hollywood. I like how he casts those kinds of underappreciated actors and gives them these really great parts.

What a douchebag.

I want to see:

Michael Madsen

Bruce Campbell

Vel Kilmer

Brad Pitt

Benicio Del Toro

Rutger Hauer (as a Nazi)

Donald and Kiefer Sutherland

Jon Voight

Tim Roth

Harvey Keitel

Vincent Cassel (as a French soldier or a Nazi)

Mickey Rourke

Sean Penn

Christopher Walken

and of course Quentin Tarantino (some cool and memorable cameo)

Maybe:

George Clooney

Bruce Willis

Steve Buscemi

Tom Cruise (it could be interesting to see him in a QT movie)

I DON’T want to see:

Jonny Depp

Adam Sandler

John Travolta

Elijah Wood

Russel Crowe

Tom Hanks

Burt Reynolds is the man when he was Gator in White Lightning and he is still the man now. He would be awesome in a Tarantino movie, also along the lines of one like this. He could be a General or something.