White and Orange

It’s a matter of honor. Orange is a stuck pig… as much as I’d love to have seen him survive, he wasn’t going to anyway. He fucked up, the situation was fucked up, I can’t imagine that even if he did somehow survive, he’d never be able to live the life he’d had before. He knew White would kill him, the way I see it. White stood up for him, and he owed it to him to allow him the opportunity to get even.

White’s situation is that he’s got to up hold the honor of those betrayed, and his own. the cops’ll kill him if he kills Orange… he’s “jinxed” now… so he’s got nothing to go on for either.

Man… that’s depressing.

My friend and I argue you over this bit a lot…is Mr Orange acting when he’s shot…because I always figure that Mr Orange is hamming it up in front of Mr White (you notice how calm and brave he is as soon as the other RD’s arent there and he’s talking to the other cop)in order to get pity and info…and from that perspective I think Orange deserved to die as soon as he took advantage of Whites compasion and let his police informing take over by asking for his name …my friend reckons though that Mr Orange is geniunly scared, and that theres no alteria motive, except that he needed comforting…and therefore didnt deserve to die.

What do you guys figure?

I don’t think he deserved to die. I think by telling white he did leave it in his hands, the cops were coming anyway, he could ahve been fine. It did seem to me like an honor thing, and maybe even asking for forgiveness, or leaving it in whites hands to decide whether he could forgive him or not, and accepting his fate.

I think Orange asked White his name because he was afraid and in pain. He’s the only one Orange is really close with and he needs comforting.

I also have a theory that Orange was actually protecting white. I know it might sound odd, but when Orange is talking to his police connection and he tells him White liked the Milwalkie somethings who white told him won the other night, as a tip to where he grew up, we later see when he picks up his car keys to go with NGE and the crew that he has a sports magazine stashed under them. Could it be that he jsut say the game in the magazine and used it as a fake story for white? I dunno, amybe i’ve gone mad. But thats the great thing about tarintino films, the ability to over anaylis.

I dont think White would have shot Orange because he was in love with him. I dont have enough time to back this up, but if someone argues it, i will.

ok, I’m arguing it. Sigh. Here we go again…

[quote=“Pancake”]
I dont think White would have shot Orange because he was in love with him. I dont have enough time to back this up, but if someone argues it, i will. ÂÂ
[/quote]

While i dont think that is nessacarily true, i like the idea, and i think it has its points. Like, for example, When Orange mets up with Holaway, he says Mr.White was talking about some milwalkie sports team that won the night before. He tells Holaway this as a “hint” to Mr.Whites hometown. But later, when we see Mr.Orange in his apartment getting ready, when he picks up the keys, there is a closeup of the keys and a sports magazine they’re sitting on, meaning that maybe Mr.Orange lied for White because he was bonding with him, and simply read that the milwalkie team had won in the magazine.

Alot of people may disagree with that, but there are also other clues. First of all the obvious bond between Mr.Orange and Mr.White. Mr.White is willing to risk the friendship and loyalty of a man he has worked with and has been loyal to for years to protect someone he basically just met. He is willing to die, and kill his friend and his friends son to protect orange.

Also, there are more minor hints, like how when Orange is getting ready the song “fool for love” can be heard palying. It could be showing how he is letting himslef get in more trouble to protect white, and somehow thinks things may work out. Also, theres the ring, which may show him trying to fit in with the rest of the macho bunch and cover up his homosexuality.

Also, when the gang comes back with the dimonds, pink and eddie run to Mr.Blondes corpse, while Mr.White notices it, and immediatly runs to Orange, showing again how much he cares for him.

ANd then theres the end scene, when White embraches Orange again, and Orange tells him he’s a cop. Its not like he had too, he would have been ok if the cops came in and “arrested” them and took Orange to a hospital. But Orange tells him, because, from what i see, he is asking White for forgiveness, and maybe to see if white will still love him.

Bah humbug, thats just my defence for that argument. Granted, i dont nessecarily think thats the story, but i can understand where someone is coming from who says that. I like the idea, its sweet i guess, because its not what we would expect from a bunch of bankrobbing macho guys. Anyways, i’ve gone on to long, thats just my take i guess.

…you do realiase that almost all of the RD threads we have going at the momment are about arguing over white and Orange are gay ;D…what does it really matter, either way their two dudes who had some sort of bond, which one of them, intentionally or otherwise, betrays…does it really matter if their relationship was sexual or plutonic?

I dont think it really matters, except that some people seem to be horribly offended by the notion. I just think its fun to try to see the movie from different perspectives.

Anyways, im new to this palce so i ahvent read alot of the other stuff yet, so im just kinda learning whats going on so to speak. :slight_smile:

We. Are. Such. Girls.

Cracks me up… for a good long while, the posts were mostly "blonde is fucking cool"

I don’t know… in all actuality, I believe the relationship to father and son… white wants to protect and save the younger orange. But, there’s the element of the body that bleeds and the bodys that has the power… S&M-ish. You’ve got the “female”, bleeding, prostrate one at the mercy of the “male” with the ability to relieve or perpetuate pain.

I’ve read all kinds of analysis on this one… I read somewhere that someone believed that bleeding mr. orange was symbolic of the body of christ, dying for the sins of us all. That’s a bit much.

And really, we’ve all been raised to believe that if a man shows any kind of tenderness to another man, they are automatically gay. I’m as liberal as shit, but there is still a part of me that goes there… Personally… I believe that it does mean more without a gay-contact. There should be more Mr. Whites in the world who’ll help a brother out when he’s down.

[quote]And really, we’ve all been raised to believe that if a man shows any kind of tenderness to another man, they are automatically gay.[/quote], well, I haven’t been raised that way, but I agree

[quoteI believe that it does mean more without a gay-contact. There should be more Mr. Whites in the world who’ll help a brother out when he’s down][quote][/quote]
THANK you!

the only way people can really say that they’re gay is if the first quote is true. And I for one think it would be a pretty sad and terrible world if it was. I’m not saying anything about my personal opinion of ‘homosexuality’, but it’s bad if people are only nice to each other if they’re sexually attracted to each other. And if you look at much of Tarantino’s stuff, the father-son bond features regularly, as this is an issue he himself has faced.

Yes Larry, Messrs Orange and White are NOT gay. Definitive evidence of this is that when scoping out Karina’s Diamond Wholesalers, Mr. White says ‘that girl’s ass?’ and Mr. Orange replies ‘Sitting right here on my dick’. Typical heterosexual male banter I’d say.

[quote=“Freddy_Newendyke”]
Yes Larry, Messrs Orange and White are NOT gay. Definitive evidence of this is that when scoping out Karina’s Diamond Wholesalers, Mr. White says ‘that girl’s ass?’ and Mr. Orange replies ‘Sitting right here on my dick’. Typical heterosexual male banter I’d say.
[/quote]

Meh. It could be that Orange is still just trying to play his role. He might not have known white for a long enough period of time to feel comfortable. Bah.

‘could be’ but ‘isn’t’

Its all just a matter of opinion

To be totally honest, there is no “isn’t.” It’s open ended… No one is wrong.

Shoot, even I’m getting tired of gay vs straight. :-</E>

HEY! TARANTINO! ARE YOU THERE?! CAN YOU ANSWER THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL, PLEASE?

"yes, of course I can; it’s a father-son relationship if anything, alright? They love each other, but they’re not gay, alright?"

there you go 8)

I’m sick of this too. I’ve been thinking about this (constantly, 24 hours a day) for nearly 5 years now and I still can’t think of any evidence to prove that they are gay.

It’s funny; if anyone accused me of being a lesbian I’d just say to myself ‘who cares? They’re wrong and I know it, but I’ll rise above it and not even bother to respond’, but say White and Orange are gay and I become crazyperson >:( >:( >:(

actually, now I’m so used to all this that I’m not so crazy, but willing to fight till the end.

Lol, i love that this bugs people. Its great. I’m glad people will actually debate it instead of just denying the possibility. Cool shit guys. 8)

i would agree with the Father - Son thing, just cuz i imagine people are sick of this, but when i watch it, even from the first time when no one even mentioned the fact that they thought they were gay, i felt that there was some sort of love thing. I dunno. And the whole, macho guy talk about some womens ass could have just been a cover. Like, maybe they are just still trying to keep up this macho sheild to fit in nicely to thetre gender roles, which seem important in that testosterone fueled enviorment. Maybe they were just trying to hide there feelings. Ah fuck it, i’ll shut up.

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
i would agree with the Father - Son thing, just cuz i imagine people are sick of this, but when i watch it, even from the first time when no one even mentioned the fact that they thought they were gay, i felt that there was some sort of love thing. I dunno. And the whole, macho guy talk about some womens ass could have just been a cover. Like, maybe they are just still trying to keep up this macho sheild to fit in nicely to thetre gender roles, which seem important in that testosterone fueled enviorment. Maybe they were just trying to hide there feelings. Ah fuck it, i’ll shut up.
[/quote]Like plunderbunnie said about the macho guy talk, it could have been a cover because if you think of it the movie is based in the early 90s(remember at the time people had some fucking promblem with people who were gay and shit).

I like the about “him being gay” theory though. :slight_smile: