Where do you rank IB in QT movies? also rank the chapters

[quote=“RatQuiRit”][quote=“Kinick”]I think Maggie Cheung mentioned recently that QT wants to put her scenes on the DVD…whether that means the initial DVD release or a special edition in 2015 is another question.[/quote]

We’ll have to wait till 2015 to have a special edition of IB?? My god, we’d probably all be dead by then :o

Bad news of the day :frowning:[/quote]

haha I was just being sarcastic since QT’s movies take ages to come out on SE or have yet to come at all [Kill Bill].

Inglourious Basterds

Kill Bill (Film that made me a QT fan)

Pulp Fiction

Jackie Brown

Reservoir Dogs

Death Proof

Revenge of the Giant Face

Operation Kino

Once a Upon Time in a Nazi Occupied France

Inglourious Basterds

German Night in Paris

( I love all the chapters, I don’t hate any of them)

[quote=“Kinick”]I think Maggie Cheung mentioned recently that QT wants to put her scenes on the DVD…whether that means the initial DVD release or a special edition in 2015 is another question.[/quote]

Yes!!! ;D

Pulp Fiction

Reservoir Dogs

Inglourious Basterds

Kill Bill

Jackie Brown

Death Proof

Operation Kino (the bar scene is the greatest thing QT has ever done IMO - amazing!)

Revenge of the Giant Face

Once a Upon Time in a Nazi Occupied France

Inglourious Basterds

German Night in Paris

1.Pulp Fiction

2.Reservoir Dogs

3.Kill Bill

4.Jackie Brown

5.Inglourious Basterds

6.Death Proof

1. Kill Bill

2. Reservoir Dogs

3. Pulp Fiction

4. Inglourious Basterds

5/6. Death Proof / Jackie Brown

Took me 2 days to make that out. And IB would probably be n°3 if there weren’t so much so-so scenes, especially the ones with Jacky Ido and few with Laurent (every time she flips out, out of the blue on her scenes with Brühl (ex: when she shows him her ID…wtf?, or in the bar, when she leaves like she started to have her period for the first time, so fake…and her false crying/nervous breakdown after having a nice glass of milk with landa :p).

That said, the scenes I like, I REALLY like.

For the chapters:

1. Once upon a time
  2. Revenge of the Giant Face
  3. Operation Kino
  4. Inglourious Basterds
  5. German Night in Paris

2, 3 and 4 are really close though

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]
Took me 2 days to make that out. And IB would probably be n°3 if there weren’t so much so-so scenes, especially the ones with Jacky Ido and few with Laurent (every time she flips out, out of the blue on her scenes with Brühl (ex: when she shows him her ID…wtf?, or in the bar, when she leaves like she started to have her period for the first time, so fake…and her false crying/nervous breakdown after having a nice glass of milk with landa :p).
[/quote]

Were you there for the part at the beginning where the Nazi’s killed her whole fucking family.

Yeah but can’t you see how off her acting is? It didn’t bother me too much until the 3rd watch. I think I’m not gonna see it again until it comes off on DVD, one more time and I would totally hate the stuff I just listed.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Yeah but can’t you see how off her acting is? It didn’t bother me too much until the 3rd watch. I think I’m not gonna see it again until it comes off on DVD, one more time and I would totally hate the stuff I just listed.[/quote]

Her weird facial acting to me was great, because IMO it was like a silent film type of acting Tarantino prob had her add to those scenes. Moods through faces.

1. Inglourious Basterds

2. Reservoir Dogs

3. Pulp Fiction

4. Kill Bill

5. Jackie Brown

6. Death Proof

1. Once upon a time
  2. Revenge of the Giant Face
  3. Operation Kino
  4. German Night in Paris
  5. Inglourious Basterds

Well I guess understanding french makes me get all the falseness she brings to the screen, I’d rather not understand it and enjoy her scenes more, believe me I do. But I’d rather stop discussing it cause I really don’t want to be dissing the movie while I actually loved it. As I said, it took me 2 days to figure that ranking out and even know I’m having second thoughts and would rather rank IB the same level as Pulp Fiction, that should mean something to all of you…PULP FICTION, GUYS :smiley:

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Well I guess understanding french makes me get all the falseness she brings to the screen, I’d rather not understand it and enjoy her scenes more, believe me I do. But I’d rather stop discussing it cause I really don’t want to be dissing the movie while I actually loved it. As I said, it took me 2 days to figure that ranking out and even know I’m having second thoughts and would rather rank IB the same level as Pulp Fiction, that should mean something to all of you…PULP FICTION, GUYS :smiley:[/quote]

Sorry, didn’t knew you knew french, I only know some french, trying to learn. I was just speaking on the behalf of her faces not her acting in her lines. Sorry. :wink:

No need to apologize…well, actually you can cause it hurt my feelings that you still don’t know that I live in France! I feel like you were just pretending to care about me :’(

kidding :smiley: but actually you’re lucky, and I suppose you also didn’t throw up a lil’ bit on your mouth when Jacky Ido said those lines the first time we see him…I envy you american guys so much for that, ruined the scene for me, really :smiley:

Ok, now I really stop talking about that, at the count of 3, no more talk about what I disliked in IB : 1, 2, 3…SNAP OUT OF IT!!!

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]No need to apologize…well, actually you can cause it hurt my feelings that you still don’t know that I live in France! I feel like you were just pretending to care about me :’(

kidding :smiley: but actually you’re lucky, and I suppose you also didn’t throw up a lil’ bit on your mouth when Jacky Ido said those lines the first time we see him…I envy you american guys so much for that, ruined the scene for me, really :smiley:

Ok, now I really stop talking about that, at the count of 3, no more talk about what I disliked in IB : 1, 2, 3…SNAP OUT OF IT!!![/quote]

Oh crap. lol, I'm sorry, I thought you were American or from Canada. lol. Sorry. It's cool though that you can feel the acting through a French actor and American actor, instead of stupid dubbers or you don't get the silly aspect of Pitt if you didn't know English. Pretty cool. I wish I can learn French faster. :D

Yes I’m glad I know english well enough to follow and understand most of english speaking scenes in movies. I still have some problems, for example I had a very hard time watching Dazed and Confused without subtitles, dunno why exactly.

but yeah, it’s very cool.

Oh and that makes me think, did any of you guys who speak english but not german thought german sounded a lot like english at times in IB? The first time I watched it I almost felt like I didn’t need to read the subtitles. When Hitler talks about hanging the Basterds on the Eiffel Tower…well I was reading the subs but it made so much sense! Amazing. I remember Geoi saying that about a french movie too. That’s amazing to think we can be that much into a movie.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Yes I’m glad I know english well enough to follow and understand most of english speaking scenes in movies. I still have some problems, for example I had a very hard time watching Dazed and Confused without subtitles, dunno why exactly.

but yeah, it’s very cool.

Oh and that makes me think, did any of you guys who speak english but not german thought german sounded a lot like english at times in IB? The first time I watched it I almost felt like I didn’t need to read the subtitles. When Hitler talks about hanging the Basterds on the Eiffel Tower…well I was reading the subs but it made so much sense! Amazing. I remember Geoi saying that about a french movie too. That’s amazing to think we can be that much into a movie.[/quote]

Nope, didn’t get that feeling, though some Italian at the end sounded American. ;D From Aldo.

[quote=“G”]though some Italian at the end sounded American. ;D From Aldo.[/quote]

haha indeed! That was amazingly funny. There are some very similar english/german words I caught while watching ib. Rats for a start, “the right” is something like “recht”, foot is Fuß (I looked it up to be sure…and that weird symbol is pronounced as an “s”), and the list goes on but that’s all I can think of at the moment.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”][quote=“G”]though some Italian at the end sounded American. ;D From Aldo.[/quote]

haha indeed! That was amazingly funny. There are some very similar english/german words I caught while watching ib. Rats for a start, “the right” is something like “recht”, foot is Fuß (I looked it up to be sure…and that weird symbol is pronounced as an “s”), and the list goes on but that’s all I can think of at the moment.[/quote]

Oh that is what you meant. Then yeah there were some like that. But alot of languages do that. Heck your French language has the same words as other languages like “Bien” (good) and Spanish has “Bien” (good/fine).

Spanish is Buen though :smiley: (edit: oh no, shit, when I think of it, you also find Bien sometimes, sorry about that, I only started learning spanish 8 years ago ^^)

No but the general feel to german, although I know it’s grammatically closer to latin/greek than American or even French, it still made a lot of sense, it was so weird. I wanna talk to Geoi about it as I perfectly remember her saying that about French few months ago.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]Spanish is Buen though :smiley: (edit: oh no, shit, when I think of it, you also find Bien sometimes, sorry about that, I only started learning spanish 8 years ago ^^)

No but the general feel to german, although I know it’s grammatically closer to latin/greek than American or even French, it still made a lot of sense, it was so weird. I wanna talk to Geoi about it as I perfectly remember her saying that about French few months ago.[/quote]

haha, sorry for the Spanish mis-spell, I failed that class, though I slacked off in that class. I like the french language though (as well as their films, as you can tell) and been trying to learn the language myself.

Actually English and German are very closely related. So it shouldn’t be too surprising that sometimes it sounds like English. To me Italian and Spanish sound very similar. I took Spanish in High School and College and italian’s “23” and “24” are IDENTICAL to Spanish “23” and “24”. Saw it a second time today. My ranking is still the same. Really to me it’s more like this though:

1 Pulp Fiction/Kill Bill/Inglourious Basterds

4 Jackie Brown

5 Reservoir Dogs/Death Proof

I’ve been going back and forth with Pulp and Kill Bill for years, and I think i’ll feel the same about Inglourious Basterds. Depends on my mood. Sometimes I’ll say it’s the best and other times I’ll say it’s third best.