What will YOUR Oct. 10th be like for you?

going to a free screening on the 8th, so the 10th is just another day to me,though it looks like the box office will do well judging by your responses…check your local papers for free pass promos,many businesses give em out to promote sales

[quote]going to a free screening on the 8th, so the 10th is just another day to me[/quote]
Congratulations. Now someone give the man a badge.

[quote]
Now someone give the man a badge.[/quote]

No give him a kick out the fuckin door. lol.

[quote]

Oh, and no offense to the vampire guy, but I don’t really like vampire movies. Are you going with the whole horror movie concept, or something original? I think maybe I’m just jaded from so many bad vampire movies. Show me the light.[/quote]

Oh, it’ll be something different no matter how good or bad it turns out to be. I absolutely hate the latest surge of vampire films, and, yes, every single one of them sucks big time. I’m thinking about taking a pyschological perspective on the transformation from human to vampire and the vampire’s motive for maintaining its own life even at the expense of others. The protagonists’ motive, in this case, is revenge (think more like the Count of Monte Cristo type revenge as opposed to Kill Bill). Revenge that is self destructive and is more prone to harm innocents than it is for some noble cause (such as the elimination of evil). A few vampiric stories have played around with the concept such as Blade and Vampire Hunter D, but I don’t think any have really explored it very in depth. Blade was so poorly written and so craptacular that the writers just glossed over the coolest thing about the comic book character and the Vampire Hunter D movies placed more of an emphasis on the virtues of the character as opposed to his inevitable flaws.

I want to write a story about a good guy, that ends up as demented, twisted, and perhaps even darker than the forces he’s fighting against by the end of the film. Of course, the fatal flaw with that, is that if I make the character too unlikable - too selfish and blood thirsty - by the end of the script, no one in hell would ever buy the thing.

I know the concept doesn’t sound very interesting in a general sense, but then again, if you were to summarize most of the best movies ever created in a couple paragraphs, they would sound terrible and silly, too.

[quote]Blade sucks.

Anyway, it sucks cause i live in a pretty nice neighborhood, so all the theaters check to make sure you’re 17 (I’m 6 months away). That means that i have to wait till like 7 for my dad to get home from work. God damn it. I’m allowed to drive and i have a car, but the government won’t let me see a fucking movie. I hate that stupid bullshit.

Blade II sucks.[/quote]

It’s not the government. It depends on the theater manager, head, and all the other bastards that run and work at the theater. It is not law to restrict those under 17 into R rated movies, it will never be - we live in a country of free speech. It is a high used and followed program that theater systems can participate in. They dont have to be so strict, but if they with the program (which so many are) they tend to follow it for “the children”. I know, it sucks, but at least you have parents (as well as I) who will go with you to see the film.

End

:’( That is saddening news

Oct. 10… epic? no.

memorable? no.

Unforgetable priceless Visa Mastercard moment? no.

And you now why?

Cause the movie comes out Nov. 20th in the F*#cking Netherlands!!! >:( please don’t laugh It’s bad enough…

unless, I could hook up a ride to Belgium and catch the movie the 10th. A friend of mine is trying to set up such a plan, all I have to do now is hope :wink:

[quote]For me it will be February 4th! When all over the world already will show this film. Fuck Russia!!![/quote]
[quote]the movie comes out Nov. 20th in the F*#cking Netherlands!!![/quote]

Damn! And i thought i had it hard waiting another week for it to come out in Australia! I better not complain before i get beaten up… :o

But seriously, if we weren’t 8 hours ahead i might have had a chance… same bloody thing happened with craphouse reloaded… can’t have the movie screen first in Australia can we? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]Oct. 10… epic? no.

memorable? no.

Unforgetable priceless Visa Mastercard moment? no.

And you now why?

Cause the movie comes out Nov. 20th in the F*#cking Netherlands!!! >:( please don’t laugh It’s bad enough…

unless, I could hook up a ride to Belgium and catch the movie the 10th. A friend of mine is trying to set up such a plan, all I have to do now is hope :wink:[/quote]

In Germany it will come out October the 16th, maybe an other possible way for you to see it earlier than in the netherlands. Don´t know where you live, near Belgium or Germany…

But November is reallly hard. I will see it the 16th and - for sure - the next day again. First time allone and than with my boyfriend.

Well I guess I did the topic wrong then. I forgot that so many people live outside of the US.

Ok, let’s start over, what will your [insert release date here] be like for you?

I hope there is a Midnight showing in my area on 10/10/03, if there is I’ll hit that one.

[quote]I hope there  is a Midnight showing in my area on 10/10/03, if there is I’ll hit that one. [/quote]

Yeah me too. That would be so awesome!

[quote]Well I guess I did the topic wrong then. I forgot that so many people live outside of the US.

Ok, let’s start over, what will your [insert release date here] be like for you?[/quote]

Nice idea! That way we all have fun and no one can complain about a late release date. I know i would be if i were in their shoes, but that’s not the point of the post.

I will be working. I’ll see it the 13th or 14th.

Now someone say i’m not a true fan or something…

Check out todays IMDB poll (sept 24) Movie, TV and Celebrity Polls - IMDb

it asks “October release you’re most looking forward to?”

Kill Bill is raping the competition. Hard.

As for myself i’ll definitely be seeing it opening night with friends. Thats october 16th for us Australians.

Will wait for theater to open Monday AM. (Day off) Yeah, I know. Loser:(

I’m taking Oct. 10 off from work. And no, I’m not using a sick day. I’m using a vacation day. And since I’m American, it means I get screwed when it comes to vacation days, so I’m using 1 of my few days left.

That’s right! No “waiting until the weekend” or “Catching it a few days later”! I’m catching the midnight showing, getting up and going to the noon showing, and then the next, until I get my fill.

Enough said.

I don’t even know the date it’s coming out around here. Could be Oct 10, could be 2 months later… :’(. I will probably have already read your own reviews on the board before I get a chance to see it.