What Does Q.T. Write With?

Oh snap…

Whaaat. EEEEVEEER!.. Hand movements

In the True Romance/Reservoir Dogs double screenplay I own, htere’s an introduction in which he explains what (and how) he writes with. I’ll try to post it.

[quote=“Tristan”]
In the True Romance/Reservoir Dogs double screenplay I own, htere’s an introduction in which he explains what (and how) he writes with. I’ll try to post it.
[/quote]

Please do!

Okay, here it goes:

"I don’t know how to type properly. When I know I’m going to do a script, I’ll go to the stationery store and buy a notebook with eighty or a hundred pages in it, where you rip the pages out of the ring file, and I’ll say “OK, this is the notebook I’m going to write Pulp Fiction or whatever in”. I also buy three red felt pens and three black felt pens. I make this big ritual out of it. It’s just psychology. I always say that you can’t write poetry on a computer, but I can take this notebook places, I can write in restaurants, I can write in friends’ houses, I can write standing up, I can write lying down in my bed-I can write everywhere. It never looks like a script, it always looks like Richard Ramirez’s diary, the diary of a madman. When i get to my last stage, which is the typing stage, it starts looking like a script for the first time."

I own the Grove Press edition w/ both RD and TR scripts in it.

Cool, thanks!

[quote=“Tristan”]
Okay, here it goes:

"I don’t know how to type properly. When I know I’m going to do a script, I’ll go to the stationery store and buy a notebook with eighty or a hundred pages in it, where you rip the pages out of the ring file, and I’ll say “OK, this is the notebook I’m going to write Pulp Fiction or whatever in”. I also buy three red felt pens and three black felt pens. I make this big ritual out of it. It’s just psychology. I always say that you can’t write poetry on a computer, but I can take this notebook places, I can write in restaurants, I can write in friends’ houses, I can write standing up, I can write lying down in my bed-I can write everywhere. It never looks like a script, it always looks like Richard Ramirez’s diary, the diary of a madman. When i get to my last stage, which is the typing stage, it starts looking like a script for the first time."

I own the Grove Press edition w/ both RD and TR scripts in it.
[/quote]

Oh yeah, that’s been posted before. But thanks for the re-up.

do you mean I typed all this for nothin? damn!

anyway, I can totally remember the day my English teacher gave me his personal copy of the book and went “I know you love QT, you should enjoy this”, and then I read the introduction, and I realised the thing about the black and red felt pens in Kill Bill came from that.

Cool, he mentioned Richard Ramirez - that guy was craaaaaaaZZZeeeeeeeeee!

I’ll kill you! >:(

Can anyone clarify what he uses the red and black felt pens for? Does he write the action in red, then the rest in black? Or is it vise versa?

I think he uses read for action and black for dialogue. In the pic above it sort of looks like a story outline of some sort.

But who knows…I guess his close friends would now that sort of thing.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
I think he uses read for action and black for dialogue. In the pic above it sort of looks like a story outline of some sort.

But who knows…I guess his close friends would now that sort of thing.
[/quote]

red for action.

fucking typos