Weinstein Co.'s "Dragon Dynasty" label (with QT)

Latest on SPL: http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/007120.html

No use copy-pasting here. They’re gonna change the spect next week I’m sure.

Boy, SPL movie was such a breath of fresh air. It’s amazing how you once think the HK New Wave genre has run itself to the ground, along comes a movie like this to keep that spark alive.

I only rented disc 1 though, so I didn’t get to see what disc 2 was like. I listened to Bey’s commentary for about a half hour before I was out cold. Not that it didn’t bore me, because Bey (As usual) is sharp as hell and knows everything. I was just real tired.

And I guess it still remains to be seen if Donnie ever showed up in the commentary! Bey was by himself in the early going so it’s possible that Donnie stepped in later.

The DD transfer is almost identical to Deltamac. There is a difference, but it’s so small you need good eyes to spot it. No need to upgrade unless you want the extras.

Police Story should be out soon, but I heard some negative advance comments about the transfer. Lets wait and see till we get some reliable screencaps.

Tom Yum Goong will be released as both uncut and 27 min cut versions…

Fist of Legend and Tai Chi Master are on their way, too. I’d be very excited if hadn’t already bought the HK Video remasters of both film a few years ago…

they’re gonna release an infernal affairs boxset. i hope it’s good. wont be as good as some of the insane asian box sets of the trilogy but still…

Oh, right, forgot to comment on Police Story. The picture quality is far inferior compared to IVL, which is strange considering both transfers were created from exact the same source material. You’d think the Weinsteins have more money and skill than a Hong Kong company but no. On the positive side they’ve included the original mono, which should even be in sync. That ultimately makes the DD disc the best release available. Too bad they couldn’t get the video right.

coming soon:

36 Chamber Of Shaolin (April 10, 2007)

King Boxer (April 10, 2007)

My Young Auntie (April 10, 2007)

One Armed Swordsman (April 10, 2007)

Hapkido (April 24, 2007)

Born To Fight (possibly April)

Shaolin Wooden Men (possibly April)

Snake & Crane Arts Of Shaolin (possibly April)

Five Fingers Of Death

Sweet.

Sweet trailer for Jackie Chan’s Police Story at the Dragon Dynasty webpage…

http://www.dragondynasty.com/

I’ve forgotten how damn cool that movie is…! Brings back good memories of the first time I saw it.

I also love the Golden Harvest logo intro… always knew I was in for a good treat when I saw that.

One of my scripts even opens with a Golden Harvest intro… like QT did with the Shaw Bros. intro…

Hung Fist,

do you know if Dragon Dynasty is ever going to release Tsui Hark’s “The Blade”?

also, where do you get your information from?

Thanks.

• Jeff

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
coming soon:

36 Chamber Of Shaolin (April 10, 2007)

King Boxer (April 10, 2007)

My Young Auntie (April 10, 2007)

One Armed Swordsman (April 10, 2007)

Hapkido (April 24, 2007)

Born To Fight (possibly April)

Shaolin Wooden Men (possibly April)

Snake & Crane Arts Of Shaolin (possibly April)

Five Fingers Of Death
[/quote]

[quote=“jeffkantoku”]
do you know if Dragon Dynasty is ever going to release Tsui Hark’s “The Blade”?
[/quote]

I don’t know. The recent US release by Pan Media, Red Sun or some other bootleg company is… uhmm… a bootleg. The French HK Video disc (which I own) is fantastic, but of course features no english subs.

All of the older non-shaw titles DD has announced so far seem to be Fortune Star titles. I don’t think Fortune Star owns The Blade. At least no other company dealing with FS has released/announced The Blade. I’d assume DD to concentrate on FS titles, so…

[quote=“jeffkantoku”]
also, where do you get your information from?
[/quote]

gathered from several different forums and online store pre-oders lists

asiandvdguide forum is usually the best source for information.

According to HK Flix (a store I don’t recemmend using):

Five Fingers Of Death 3/27/2007

Snake & Crane Arts Of Shaolin 4/17/2007

Shaolin Wooden Men 4/17/2007

Born To Fight 4/17/2007

Hard Boiled 2 Disc 5/22/2007

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
According to HK Flix (a store I don’t recemmend using):

[/quote]
:o

[quote=“Hung Fist”]
[/quote]

Shit, I didn’t even realize it’s King Boxer. Stupid americans with their stupid new titles. Gonna get this if the original mono is included. Same goes for Snake & Crane Arts Of Shaolin and Shaolin Wooden Men.

I like the stupid title :slight_smile: I’ve been wanting to see this for awhile I might buy it.

[quote=“me”]
I like the stupid title :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Me too, to honest ;D

I read 36th Chamber of Shaolin is coming out March 27th is this true?

Stupid americans!!

…anyway Im interested in 36th Chamber of Shaolin some people call it the best Kung Fu movie ever made! I dont know about that I might have to check it out

work in progress, but it’s a start:

http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/Dragon_Dynasty

[quote=“The Seb”]
work in progress, but it’s a start:

http://www.tarantino.info/wiki/index.php/Dragon_Dynasty
[/quote]
So Far So Good! Just one thing Five fingers of death goes by another title “King Boxer” and you got them both listed.