[vol 1 OST] General Kill Bill volume 1 soundtrack talk

There seems to be a lack of good Techno in movies… Some Techno would be good for a battle scene or two, just to make it diverse.

[quote]There seems to be a lack of good Techno in movies… Some Techno would be good for a battle scene or two, just to make it diverse.[/quote]

I like techno alot. The techno in The Matrix was perfect for that genre, but this film isnt supposed to be like that. Its going to be of an old school Exploitation film. From what Ive read the fight music will be heavy metal and spaghetti western type guitar music. Im sure its gonna be something totally super cool even if it turns out to be retro type music.

There is a actual song by Ho-hum (a band from Little Rock, Arkansas) that’s called Let’s Kill Bill. I think that this song was written about Bill Clinton, but it would work here. Anyway, ho-hum has been one of my favorite bands for years now and this song would be perfect for the soundtrack. Here’s a link to a clip:

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SI … MID=649470”>http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=335442532/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/ArtistID=HO-HUM/ITEMID=649470</LINK_TEXT>

http://www.htsrecordings.com/hohum2.html

I don’t know if this link works but a listen to Let’s Kill Bill and see if you think it would fit on the soundtrack, maybe a closing credit song?

originally posted by ToothpickVicVega:

-----------------------------------------------------------

What we do know about the song is that its a sad song sung by a woman.

Knowing this, what woman singer (and song) do you think QT will use for the opening credits?

You can write out as many names as you want.

[quote]QT has a little bit of heavy metal in the film too. Im wondering whos gonna be doing that part of the film. The Showdown at House of Blue Leaves soundtrack is heavy metal too. [/quote]

My wish is that QT will go for a HEAVY heavy metal type track, perhaps something by TOOL in the vein of Stinkfist, preferably instrumental. Those guys kick so much ass they'd cause a riot in the cinema hall.

just nothing thats on MTV or on daily mainstream radio

Yeah, I don’t wanna hear any of that Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park-crap in a QT movie. Keep that stuff for Fast and the Furious and other stupid Hollywood popcornflicks.

Come on, you think those bands would actually be used in a QT movie? No fuckin way. QT is all about rediscovering old bands that have been forgotten/overlooked by mainstream pop culture. Just look at his movies. He aint gonna be putting Stinkin Park and Limp Shiznit in his movies, thats for damn sure.

Kill Bill will have : The 5678s, Heavy Metal, Spanish rock, country, blues, spaghetti western music

My guesses for title credits theme singers:

Dusty Springfield

Maria McKee

Janis Joplin

Ricki Lee Jones

Sandy Rogers

Hopefully it will be some cool 70s tune, the kind QT grew up listening to.

That list of female singers is certainly credible but I wouldn’t put it pass QT to come up with something from way out of leftfield.

And though there may very well be Heavy Metal on the soundtrack, I hope to God he wouldn’t use 70s or 80s metal bands. Some of those bands may be hugely influential but heavy metal music from those decades do not possess much rhythmic qualities. Certainly not something you can time a fight scene to.

I think BLADE is a very good example of music complementing the onscreen action perfectly.

There’s the famous Janis Joplin song “Me and Bobby McGee” that has the line “Freedom is just another word for having nothing left to lose” - perhaps that’s appropriate for The Bride’s situation ? But I don’t think he’d use it, because the song is basically too well-known by everyone, and he tends to use songs that are kind of in the twilight zone, if you know what I mean.

Me And Bobby McGee is way too upbeat, its not really a sad “lamenting” song.

Its gonna be a real blues type song I think. Just picture The Bride in her car explaining to us everything shes done, all the people shes killed, but still trying to make herself seem upbeat and not saddened, the sad music will cut through her front and make us see how she really feels.

Thats what QT always does with his music, its sets a certain mood for the film. Instead of going with a super upbeat opening, hes going for a sad toned opening. Then when the first chapter starts hes gonna yank the audience in the other direction mood wise when The Bride crashes through Vernita Greens house.

[quote]…when The Bride crashes through Vernita Greens house.

[/quote]

that would be cool. the bride crashing through Vernita’s living room wall with her pussy wagon. hehe

I didnt mean with her truck, I just meant when they fight and smash the stuff in her house.

If she crashed into the house with the truck, it would ruin the whole sense of suspense and excitement wouldnt it?

i just thought of it as a good idea. like Travolta in Get Shorty: get in, punch the guy in the nose, take your coat, and get outa there.

drive the truck through the front door, shoot the bitch in the head, get outa there, cross out the name on your damn list. 8)

i am gonna put that into my screenplay. :slight_smile:

well now Metallica and RZA is on board… maybe there is still some hope that we get Tito&Tarantula for some tunes in scenes playing in Mexico

[quote]well now Metallica and RZA is on board… maybe there is still some hope that we get Tito&Tarantula for some tunes in scenes playing in Mexico[/quote]

I like Tito & Tarantulas music in Desperado and FDTD. But, Id like to see QT use a different group or music for Kill Bill. He needs to distance himself from Robert Rodriguez, or else he’ll catch that “Spy Kids” disease, lol.

using Tito & T. for the soundtrack does not imply you are soimehow making a connection to Robert “the mainstream hick” Rodriguez.

there is a scene in the script that says, there are mexican rock music tunes on the radio. That would be a good thing for either the Tarantulas or Los Lobos or whatever.

[quote]using Tito & T. for the soundtrack does not imply you are soimehow making a connection to Robert “the mainstream hick” Rodriguez.

there is a scene in the script that says, there are mexican rock music tunes on the radio. That would be a good thing for either the Tarantulas or Los Lobos or whatever.[/quote]

I know about the music in the movie, but where does it say QT HAS to use Tito and Tarantula or Los Lobos for those scenes? Why cant he choose another Mexican or Spanish group and give them some attention instead? As long as he keeps using the other bands, hes gonna be connected to Robert Rodriguez. If you see Tito and T in Kill Bill, your going to think ROBERT RODRIGUEZ, FROM DUSK TILL DAWN, DESPERADO. I say fuck all that, its time to move on.

I think Massive Attack could do some crazy shit for Kill Bill. In my opinion, they make some of the best music for films… Oh and for a hard rock/heavy metal I think they should use Tool Or Rage Against The Machine.