[Vol 1] I SAW KILL BILL VOLUME I

[quote]by the law, it was just a joke since he posted if anybody had any questions and then disappeared. [/quote]

Nah, I had to goto sleep.

[quote]by the law, it was just a joke since he posted if anybody had any questions and then disappeared. [/quote]
well boo fucking hoo to you

Was the split screen incorporated when Elle entered the hospital? And how is The Bride’s name bleeped out?

Also, I want to say thanks for taking the time to talk about the film and answer our many questions.

Hi, this is my first post in this forum. I hope nobody else has this username. If someone has notify me.

I live in Sweden where Kill Bill doesn´t open until December 3rd (can you believe it?).

Here´s my question: If Volume 1 is closer to two hours, does it mean that Volume 2 is just a bit over one hour? It has to be if the total lenght is 188 minutes. It must be longer than that, mustn´t it?

[quote]
well boo fucking hoo to you [/quote]

jeez, I was just anxious to hear the answers to all the questions excuse me for being impatient. again it was a joke. sorry if I offended anyone.

Anyway, Holdup thanks for all the info, and I too am interested in how the audience reacted.

yeah awesome. If you want to write a FULL REVIEW, I’d be glad to host it on tarantino.info, would be awesome.

wow the movie sounds good from what Bank_Holdup tells us. another satisfied viewer. ;D hope you write a full review, that’d be cool…

[quote]How did the audience react to the movie? Did they like it, did they cheer, laugh, applaud, feel disgusted? [/quote]

They liked it.  The movie played well.  Lotsa uncomfortable laughter though.

But, the theater wasn’t necessarily full of Tarantino fan boys.  When my friend and I saw the ad for Red Apple smokes, I think we were the only ones that pointed, laughed, adjusted ourselves in our seats.

After The Bride’s serious accomplishments, there was almost applause.  Someone clapped once and I so wanted to continue it but didn’t.  The next time I see it though, I’ll let loose.

Can’t say if they felt disgusted, but when someone gets dismembered and blood sprays like a fucking fire hydrant, it was just too cool to be sick.  It was beautiful actually, you don’t want to turn away, you want to see how good it looks. ÂÂ

5{r=Joe_Banana link=board=kb;num=1064477161;start=15#18 date=09/25/03 at 18:03:13]Ya, a lot of people read what was after the Mirimax logo, sweet

ummmmm, any Bill?

oh, and is their captions for the different syringes of chemicals used[/quote]

No captions for syringes but I also don’t remember anything like that in the script. Which draft did you read? I only read the first draft, 222 pages but like over a year ago.

As for Bill, he’s like Dr. Claw. Unseen. Reminded me of Marcelles Wallace before Butch’s story in Pulp. We see his hands, hear his voice, but his face is totally out of frame. Afterwards in the lobby, a friend and I were joking about how since we never see Caradine in Volume 1, depending on how it performs, they can bring bring Beatty back and reshoot Volume 2 with Beatty as Bill.

But what I’ve been reading, Bill will totally be prominent in Volume 2.

GREAT BIG SPOILER

Is what this guy on IMDB says true? Do we already know at the end of Volume 1 that The Bride’s baby is actually alive, living with Bill? Because in the script that revelation is saved for last, and I can’t imagine it being placed elsewhere in the film…so is it true?

[quote]Was the split screen incorporated when Elle entered the hospital? And how is The Bride’s name bleeped out?

Also, I want to say thanks for taking the time to talk about the film and answer our many questions. [/quote]

Yes, it was totally De Palma, even more so than the split screen in Jackie Brown. Even the music. Read that chapter again to the music of the Twisted Nerve. It works so well.

No problem. I was just grateful to my friend for letting me tag along and I know if I couldn’t make it in, I’d want someone else answering these questions for me.

[quote]Hi, this is my first post in this forum. I hope nobody else has this username. If someone has notify me.

I live in Sweden where Kill Bill doesn´t open until December 3rd (can you believe it?).

Here´s my question: If Volume 1 is closer to two hours, does it mean that Volume 2 is just a bit over one hour? It has to be if the total lenght is 188 minutes. It must be longer than that, mustn´t it?[/quote]

I predict Volume 2 will be around two hours.

I don’t know where the two volumes at 94 minutes each figure came to play but was aware of it last night. And it actually kinda hurt the screening for me because even though I knew the 94 minute run time wasn’t firm, I kept looking at my watch thinking, shit, its gonna end really soon.

Maybe when Kill Bill was gonna be released as a whole, they figured a 188 minute run time if lotsa stuff was cut.

Now that they have the luxory of two films, I think a lot of stuff has been restored.

I’ve been reading that Harvey wanted to release it as two films cause he didn’t want to cut stuff.

[quote]yeah awesome. If you want to write a FULL REVIEW, I’d be glad to host it on tarantino.info, would be awesome.[/quote]

I think I’ll do that. I know a whole ton of reviews will start popping up now, especially since the actual junket was today at the Four Seasons in LA so I’ll try to do it soon

I’ll email it to you. I’ll use my best judgment regarding spoilers but feel free to edit me.

Damn, I dont want to ruin anything for myself, but I NEED to know or else my balls’ll burst

uhh, was there more animated scenes then were in the script?

[quote]GREAT BIG SPOILER

Is what this guy on IMDB says true? Do we already know at the end of Volume 1 that The Bride’s baby is actually alive, living with Bill? Because in the script that revelation is saved for last, and I can’t imagine it being placed elsewhere in the film…so is it true?[/quote]

MAJOR SPOILER

I haven’t read the IMDB guy yet but unfortunatly it is true. Bill does mention the daughter to another character. But The Bride doesn’t know about her existance yet.

I was shocked by it cause it came at the end of this film and was expecting it at the end of the next one. I guess its a tease, some sort of hook that’ll that’ll get the undecided into Volume 2.

But, I’m curious what new surprises Volume 2 will give us that aren’t in the first draft. I’ve been reading that the movies are very different now from the first draft but Volume 1 was pretty close to the script, a few notable changes. Maybe Volume 2 will be very different.

[quote]Damn, I dont want to ruin anything for myself, but I NEED to know or else my balls’ll burst

uhh, was there more animated scenes then were in the script?

[/quote]

Haven’t read the script in over a year but I think it was about the same. A good ten minutes, not sure.

But, throughout the whole sequence, I was thinking “Goddamn, Tarantino’s doing japanimation. Goddamn.” I think there are still a lot of people that are unfamiliar with anime that’ll be seeing this movie. Expect a lot more anime fans after October 10th.

[quote]And how is The Bride’s name bleeped out? [/quote]

Almost missed this question.

I was wondering about this a few days ago but forgot about it, then the first time when Vernita introduces The Bride to her kid, the name is Bleeped and its hilarious.

The actors play it straight, probably said her name too and acted as if it wasn’t a secret, since Vernita is telling her little girl The Bride’s very spoilerish name.

The bleeping sounds like, well its not like the cliche bleeping you hear on tv although the first thought was that they’re showing this on TV and some guy has his finger on the button. I can’t be sure of this but I think the beeps aren’t even the same length, it really feels like its done haphazardly by some union guy with his finger on the button.

In twenty years, kids watching this movie on TV will think her name is a swear.

I’m not gonna spoil it since maybe some new people are reading these posts but just like in the script, hints of her name are given out.

Bill affectionately calls her by the nick name that turns out to be her last name, we don’t know this yet, of course. Then there’s the second syllable of her first name revealed in O-Ren’s “Silly Rabbit” line. You know what it is.

I have a question…you said that Uma doesn’t have her pussy shot in the movie…are the truckers who want to have sex with her still in the film!?! GOD I HOPE SO!!!

Thanks for answering all our questions man. Some more:

• Is the script’s Vengeance Theme on the Vol. 1 soundtrack? And if so, what track is it?

• Does the scene with Buck the hospital orderly play like it does in the script?

• Could you describe the ending scene? Is it the one with the trunk shot, or is it Sofie Fatale talking to Bill in the hospital?

Hey. Thanks a lot for answering these questions. I have one. I understand that the scene in the church is much different from the script. So, how is it? Is it long, bloody, cool? Thanks a lot.