[Vol 1] A (quite negative) review of Volume-1

I don’t take pleasure in seeing people die, movie or life, but I do take pleaure in evil being punished. And in Kill Bill, there was a world of punishment.

you don’t think its cool to see someone iced in a John Woo movie, good or bad?

Good to a point

Bad because no one derserves to die.

that’s true

try growin up your whole life at a Catholic School!

man, getting it from priests is the best! :slight_smile:

[quote]you don’t think its cool to see someone iced in a John Woo movie, good or bad?[/quote]

Nope. Bad, it is cool, as they deserve it, but I don’t enjoy death for deaths sake. When a good guy dies in a John Woo movie, it is tragic and heartbreaking. Take the Killer. Very sad stuff.

Bullet in the head by John Woo is 10 times more heart wrenching then the Killer. Trust me it made me wanna weep

[quote]Good to a point

Bad because no one derserves to die.[/quote]

Plenty of people deserve to die. Especially in movies. It is the motivations that deaths give a person satisfaction that determine whether it is sadistic or moral.

If you want to see a child murderer taken down by the mother of one of the victems, all is good. If you want to see a school boy killed in the crossfire, not good.

[quote]Bullet in the head by John Woo is 10 times more heart wrenching then the Killer. Trust me it made me wanna weep[/quote]

Fair enough. I haven’t seen it yet, so I won’t argue. Nobody blow the ending!

I felt bad for the guy who got his neck snapped by Banderas in Desperado

Fair enough. I didn’t think it was really cool, but he did have it coming.

I thought it wasn’t justified, because Banderas could have just left the one guy in the bar-the guns weren’t loaded so he wouldn’t have been shot. i thought it was kinda mean cuz it started out comically and then all of a sudden Desperado goes crazy and fuckin snaps his neck

It takes two to tango.

and three for an orgy

You kids these days…

Tarantino is not perfect(except for Pulp Fiction)

Harry Knowles has a theory or a hope that every director makes at least one great film in his career. Maybe Pulp Fiction was his great film

TheNexT Tarantino, you just made my Shit List.

You are a fuckin child, youre also a total poser on this board. Why the fuck do you call yourself thenexttarantino if you dont even like all his films? Your name is not only a false representation of you, its also an insult to those of us who love ALL of QTs films.

I think you should change your name if youre going to keep talking shit.

Kill Bill is just as good if not better than Pulp Fiction. Just because its not a fuckin arthouse film doesnt mean its not as brilliant and daring.

Mahniggabeaumont, you should join thenextfuckhead and get the fuck out too.

I’m so tired with those people who post one fucking post and the one they do post is negative. I don’t care if you didn’t like the movie. If you hated it so much then why the fuck woud you go into a tarantino archive. And once you did go into it you said one thing, that Kill Bill sucked. Now if you made some other posts so there could be some discussions about it then i woulden’t care, but you didn’t. YOU MADE ONE FUCKING POST AND IT WAS ABOUT WHY YOU HATED THE MOVIE EVERY ONE IN HERE HAS BEEN WAITING 6 YEARS FOR. Now don’t come back… [size=.5]please[/size]

[quote]Tarantino is not perfect(except for Pulp Fiction)

Harry Knowles has a theory or a hope that every director makes  at least one great film in his career. Maybe Pulp Fiction was his great film[/quote]

What are you talking about? All of his films are masterpieces. Brilliant stuff. 4 (or 5) of the best films ever made.

And Harry Knowles is a moron. Who cares if he has a great site! His opinions don’t matter, and they can’t be backed up. Take Hitchcock, Scorsese, Kubrick, Kurosawa, etc. All made multiple great films.

Why do you feel the need to use his faulty theory to back this up?