[Versions] Volume 2 Asian/Japanese Cut

oh, you made it sound like the entire movie was alot better because of that. i don’t think i really care about getting a special version just to see an extra minute of that

[quote=“IL_Buono”]
oh, you made it sound like the entire movie was alot better because of that. i don’t think i really care about getting a special version just to see an extra minute of that
[/quote]

Where did I say this?

[quote=“BrianLL”]
You’re correct. I actually like it a lot better than the American version.
[/quote]

[quote=“IL_Buono”]
[quote=“BrianLL”]
You’re correct. I actually like it a lot better than the American version.
[/quote]
[/quote]

I’m sorry. I should have made sure you understood that I was refering to just that scene, and not the entire movie. My bad. ::slight_smile:

Hey, that’s just how I interpreted it. No reason to act like a smartass because I don’t think exactly like you do.

[quote=“IL_Buono”]
Hey, that’s just how I interpreted it. No reason to act like a smartass because I don’t think exactly like you do.
[/quote]

???

[quote=“BrianLL”]
[quote=“CPS”]
Well unfortunaly I have only the jap version at home, but I will order the other version next week.

Is there someone out there who has both versions right now and can make some screenshots with differences? Even if they are more than little, I would like to know about every difference.
[/quote]

If I get some time this week I’ll post the differences.
[/quote]

That would be great, above all, if you can find the time to make some screenshots too :D :D :D
Hope to read your comparison here......erm.. c´mon, find some time :)

[quote=“BrianLL”]
[quote=“IL_Buono”]
[/quote]

???
[/quote]

What I said really wasn’t that hard to understand.

You kinda sounded like a jerk

He didnt understand, cause he wasnt being a jerk

Just speculating ofcourse

First of, I can not see any post of Brian in which he acted like a smartass.

Brian is allways on topic and very, very helpful to everyone. I wish we would have more members like him.

Everything he posted here, was that he prefered one version. Why not?

Anyway…

In this topic we wanna talk about the asian cut and we do not wanna read here a personal discussion about Brian. The last thing we need are 50 useless post about personal stuff.

So, please stop this off topic discussion and go back to the topic. When will we get the first comparison about the both DVDs?

chill out buono! if he thinks its better than the US cut then thats his opinion. its the same with volume 1 and HOBL,s ome like it, some dont. but thats not a reason to get touchy here

I thought he meant that the 1 minute of extra footage made the entire movie better, not just the one scene. He got all pissy at me because I’m obviously an idiot for not automatically knowing what he meant. That’s all I was trying to say. Don’t fucking crucify me because I don’t read into things the exact same way as everybody else does.

Hello everybody whats cooki’n?? :slight_smile: I’m new in here and thought that this topic sounds interesting since I was looking for an Japanese cut of Volume 2 today!! 8)

the Japanese version doesn’t come out until October 8. You can find the extra footage on the region 3 dvd.

The ASian cut of volume 2 is 46 seconds longer.

The cuts are all unimportant and I really cant think of a reason why QT did that. here’s a DETAILED comparison (in german)

Schnittberichte.com: Filmzensur, Uncut-Games, News & mehr

I checked the running time for the Japanese version and it’s the same as the region 3 DVD.

[quote=“sidewinder572”]
I checked the running time for the Japanese version and it’s the same as the region 3 DVD.
[/quote]

you mean the region 3 2-disc thing? yes. might be. but consider that usually running times are given in “approx.” and thus it may not be accurate enough to judge about the 46 seconds

I’m about 99.9% certain that the Japanese DVD will be same cut as the Hong Kong DVD. I don’t think he made a special Japanese version of Vol. 1 and a special Hong Kong version of vol. 2. As a matter of fact wasn’t the uncut version of Vol. 1 released theatrically only in Hong Kong and Japan?

[quote=“sidewinder572”]
I’m about 99.9% certain that the Japanese DVD will be same cut as the Hong Kong DVD. I don’t think he made a special Japanese version of Vol. 1 and a special Hong Kong version of vol. 2. As a matter of fact wasn’t the uncut version of Vol. 1 released theatrically only in Hong Kong and Japan?
[/quote]

yeah i think so