True Romance (director's cut)

ToothpickVicVega…

I believe the reason Tarantino didn’t direct True Romance or Natural Born Killers is because he had already sold them to fund Reservoir Dogs.

Plus Lawrence Bender (I think it was him who said it) said that Tarantino wrote the script for Reservoir Dogs in like a week.

(Thats on the RD DVD)

[quote]ToothpickVicVega…

I believe the reason Tarantino didn’t direct True Romance or Natural Born Killers is because he had already sold them to fund Reservoir Dogs.

Plus Lawrence Bender (I think it was him who said it) said that Tarantino wrote the script for Reservoir Dogs in like a week.

(Thats on the RD DVD)

[/quote]

If you read the previous posts, we already concluded it was because he didnt want to direct his earlier material since he already began working on Dogs. He said that in an interview I saw him do. I know all about how long it took him to write it, thats old news.

I agree with QT when he says that Tony`s ending was best for the film Tony made.

i Purchased the Director’s Cut DVD yesterday, never seeing it before. i liked it wasnt sure, but i think i good movie make you think hmmm, did i really like it. before you appreciate it and love it. it was like that for Resivior Dogs for me.

I learned a bit form this thread… so clearence is suppose to die. when i saw it i was he’s DEAD. NOOOO, but i was thinking yes, thats beuatiful, i am now broken hearted for Alabama, i though she would shoot herself then… Romeo and Juliet Style. but i was dissappointed in the end when they were in cancun. i was happy for them. but it just kinda takes from the Drama of it.

I like the Happy End.

not only because you see Alabama WHOREley in this nice top, but it adds perfectly to this romantic feeling of the movie

I yet have to buy the 2-disc edition but i soon. will. i have the single-disc release.

a not to Clarence: no matter what edition DVD you have, it it says unrated, or uncut, or director’s cut, it has the happy ending. only if it says “theatrical version”, then you have the old tarantino-like ending

theres a new version of True Romance comming out? Directors cut?

when?

I wanna buy it!

ya geeez

anywayz, i like the part wen patricia arquette lights james gandolphini on fire and kills him, its pretty funny seeing tony soprano die in such a manor

I bought the unrated Director’s Cut DVD, but what’s this special edition y’all are talking about? I want me some.

And this might be sacrilege, but fuck it: I liked True Romance more than Pulp Fiction. I thought the script was tighter, more solid, and just better written. And Scott did a great job with the direction.

Wow, I’ve seen “True Romance” today since a fuckin long time and it was soooo brilliant! Wow, I think its even better than some movies Q.T. directed himself. Perhaps my new favorite. Today I’ve seen it since a couple of months, perhaps more than a year and the characters, the story, the style, the music is so great! Hell yeah, I love this movie!

true romance is my fave movie ever but i prefer the uk vid version to the directors cut on the dvd. like that bit where you see alabama being thrown through the shower glass, its way better in the edited version when you cant see that but you just hear the glass smashing and see her in the bath tub - it makes you use your imagination to think how she got there, what kind of struggle it was (maybe she swung gandolfini into the glass first etc) whereas the uncut version just looks like a typical tony scott action movie.

and it affects the whole movie coz if its supposed to be totally uncut like that it takes away the childish, ‘fairytale’ as qt put it, element of the movie and makes it more closer to qt’s original vision - but if youre gonna do that then you gotta go all the way dont just hop around in between. like when she says ‘fuck you’ in the uncut version whereas the edited version just shows her giving him the finger and laughing, the latter version made it look like she was still kinda fearless, u know?

the extras are cool though. i read a review of special edition on net and it said there was a behind the scenes extra? i dont have that on my brit copy, that isnt the same as the ‘vintage featurette’ is it?

also i wouldnt put too much weight on what avary says. i believed all that bullshit at first but then i read the ‘pandemonium reigns’ excerpt on his site and it was totally shit - how can he post that and still whine about not getting screenplay credit on pulp when he just proved himself that he only wrote the story?! avarys just a hypester, like he goes on about NBK on his site as if that lil section he wrote was the best bit of the whole screen play and everyone loved it most out of the whole script blah blah blah - that bit fucking sucked, it wasnt even the sharpest writing in that SECTION of the fucking script! what a dick.

and avary even said in interviews that open road was an 80 page script he wrote and then gave to qt who came back with a 500 page script which was ‘beautiful’. so he helped develop it fair enough but 420 pages is gonna be more qt than avary

I’ve had TR on my shelfs for months and months and yet haven’t checked out the extras yet, shame on me. Great film though, I love it. :smiley:

I saw it again yesterday,I love the movie especially the part with Chris Walken en Dennis Hopper about the Sicilian/Nigger thing…That was hilarious…

[quote]I bought the unrated Director’s Cut DVD, but what’s this special edition y’all are talking about? I want me some.

And this might be sacrilege, but fuck it: I liked True Romance more than Pulp Fiction. I thought the script was tighter, more solid, and just better written. And Scott did a great job with the direction.[/quote]

Awesome movie but nowhere near Pulp Fiction. Scott also did a horrible thing by cutting out Sam Jackson’s pussy-eating monologue. It was fucken jokes!!! Check it out in the deleted scenes in the SE DVD.

Does anyone know what Chow Yun Fat movie they’re watching on TV in the apartment after they first get married?

[quote]Does anyone know what Chow Yun Fat movie they’re watching on TV in the apartment after they first get married?[/quote]

A Better Tomorrow 2. That looked so kickass that it inspired me to seek it out.

that would be A Better Tomorrow 2 if i’m not mistaken

and…i’ve had the True Romance 2 disk for a while now and never watched the extended pussy eating scene until now! and HOLY SHIT that was so damn hilarious!

It was cut down because of explicit dialogue. Ha, explicit dialogue…man Eurotrip would’ve NEVER made it past the MPAA in the early nineties…

“Any nigga that say he dont eat pussy is lyin his ass off!”

"You sayin you eat pussy?

“Shit, nigga, I eat da pussy, I eat da butt I eat every muthafuckin thang. If yo dumbass smoke nuff sherm, you be up in there suckin nigga’s DICKS!”

“chow down on her shit”

i was ROLLING when i heard that!

Yeah, the MPAA really bastardized that scene. I’m still wondering why they didn’t insert that back into the unrated director’s cut. What the freak were they thinking?

[color=Purple]uhhh yeah i think the reason he didnt direct those movies was because she sold them. Which i have seen him say in an interview. He didnt own them anymore.

Not so he could do Pulp Fiction. Because he sold True Romance to fund Reservoir Dogs.