The Texas Chainsaw Massacre '74 SE DVD

Dvd Review

http://www.dvdmaniacs.net/Reviews/Q-T/tcm_dark_sky.html

I firmly believe that Texas Chainsaw Massacre needs to be watched on a well-worn VHS tape. It is an unrefined film that should be presented in the same manner, like raw chicken thrown to starving prisoners in the Bastille. Anytime I see it in the video store, I rent it and break out the VHS - it always gives me the fix that I am looking for. I rented the DVD once, and it made it seem cheesy just like any other horror movie - which it is definately not.

Why is it that all of these guys are re-packaging old movies and calling them something new? Can’t they make new shit?

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
I firmly believe that Texas Chainsaw Massacre needs to be watched on a well-worn VHS tape. It is an unrefined film that should be presented in the same manner, like raw chic ken thrown to starving prisoners in the Bastille. Anytime I see it in the video store, I rent it and break out the VHS - it always gives me the fix that I am looking for. I rented the DVD once, and it made it seem cheesy just like any other horror movie - which it is definately not. [/quote]

So funny you say that because I’ve actually been watching TCM on an old worn out VHS tape for years and it IS better than watching it all cleaned up on a DVD. This is one of those things I thought to myself but never said. Cool to know you feel that way. If I saw TCM in the theater Id much rather see it on an old reddish worn out print than a cystal clear print. The film is almost designed to be seen that way.

Winslow, for some reason I like you now. ;D

haha. Thanks!!

The recent 2 disc ultimate edition for the 74 TCM is abolutely fantastic.

I also highly recommend the recent Gruesome Edition of TCM2 as well.