The reviews out of Cannes for Basterds. Basterds looks like another turd

Its simply absurd to expect to him to make more Pulp Fiction each time…PF is a really exceptional movie…its almost like expecting for Orson Welles to have made another Citizen Kane…its just absurd…

the truth is that all Quentin’s movies have been pretty interesting, and some of them are really wonderfull…and if you have disliked Kill Bill, thas ok, but if you thing that movie was a “turd”, i garantee you have no idea what are you talking about

Kill Bill was good Death Proof was the turd.

[quote=“jlennerth”]
[/quote]

In your opinion. Which really doesn’t mean to us what it means to you. But you’re welcome to it.

I agree that it’s a bit ignorant to start a topic like this one, saying IB will be a turd based on one review.

[quote=“jlennerth”]
[/quote]

bullshit

Here we go again…

We all know it won’t ever be the same again with Pulp, Jackie and Dogs. We need to get used to that. Kill Bill, Death Proof and Basterds are examples of movies that Tarantino is enjoying to make…not necessarily thinking about how they’ll get received because he doesn’t need to. It will be a long time before we get something like Pulp Fiction again i think so we need just try and enjoy with the B-movie/camp film fans what he’s giving us…a whole lotta entertainment with little substance.

I can wait for IB. Hoping it will be better than Kill Bill which i thoroughly enjoyed.

Also, i need to revisit Death Proof.

[quote=“jlennerth”]
The scene where Hitler is pounding the table w/his fist and saying," NINE,NINE,NINE just turns me off. That little snip of film is so cheesy it makes me cringe.
[/quote]

when i saw that i thought of To be or not to be by Ernst Lubitsch and was quite pleased about it.

[quote=“Stiglitz”]
We all know it won’t ever be the same again with Pulp, Jackie and Dogs. We eed to get used to that. Kill Bill, Death Proof and Basterds are examples of movies that Tarantino is enjoying to make…not necessarily thinking about how they’ll get received because he doesn’t need to. It will be a long time before we get something like Pulp Fiction again i think so we need just try and enjoy with the B-movie/camp film fans what he’s giving us…a whole lotta entertainment with little substance.
[/quote]

on the contrary, i’m sure IB has a lot of substance… all QT films are highly entertaining and have substance as well. that’s what makes him a great american director, like the masters from the old days.

and it seems that IB pays hommages mostly to films like To be or not to be, Ministry of fear, Man Hunt, Hangmen also die or This land is mine… not exactly B-movies.

excuse me but its written nein and not nine:) i must know it im from germany

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
Yeah in the case of PT Anderson, Punch-Drunk flopped here in the US and it suffered in the year’s Academy Awards. No screenplay or Best director nomination, not even a Golden Globe nomination! Good films that don’t make money do suffer when the award seasons come. I mean PTA did get the Cannes award for Best Director.

[/quote]

I saw Coppola say this in an article and thought of this post:

Q: Tetro is my favorite film of the year thus far, but the reviews have been mixed. What do critics mean to you these days?

A: For me, the role of the critic is to teach me how I can make the next one better. I realize what my flaws are. I could learn a lot from my daughter because she’s very economical, and I tend not to be. There are obviously good critics and bad critics — who, just because the movie isn’t like anything they’ve seen, immediately call it a “muddled mess.â€

Damn, Copolla wasn’t kidding about the whole “muddled” term. It was fun searching for Inglourious Basterds and muddled and looking through the reviews that came up.

Not a huge Coppola fan, but he is right.