The Official Machete Thread

What stops you?

damn I know what Machete means… Navajas also means knives in Spanish… However my question is, is Machete in Spy Kids the same Machete in They Call Him Machete? Cuz In the clips Ive seen from They Call Him Machete theres a scene were Trejo opens his trenchcoat and its all knives inside… Thats similar to Navajas in Desperado… Did Machete in Spy Kids have the trenchcoat with the knives also? If not then its stupid to call him Machete…

Hey isnt it be directed by RR? Im pretty he’s sure directing it.

The Machete in Spy Kids is a good guy. So personally I think that Rodriguez made a mistake in calling the character in the Grindhouse trailer Machete… The trailer should have been name They Call Him Navajas… Cuz Navajas is exactly the same as the character in They Call Him Machete… Wasnt They Call Him Machete supposed to be about one of the characters that Trejo plays in other Rodriguez movies…

Navajas: Desperado (Hes the one in the fake trailer)

Cucuy: OUTIM

Machete Spy Kids

Razor Charlie: From Dusk Till Dawn

Machete is because of his love of Machetes, the big blades. They cant call him Navajas. Cuz what the fuk is a Navajas?

Navajas means Knives in Spanish… Navajas is the character in Desperado with the trenchcoat and all the blades… It makes more sense… Anyways I think that the Machete in They Call Him Machete isnt the same Machete in Spy Kids… So no problem in callin him Machete…

They Call Him Machete sounds cooler, as simple as that

I know its much cooler… However I used to think that the fake trailer was supposed to be about one of Trejos characters in previous Rodriguez movies but it turned out that hes an all new character… Not the same Machete in Spy Kids… So now it makes sense… Though yall have to admit that the character in They Call Him Machete is so similiar to Navajas… Same actor, same trenchcoat, same personality, same blades…

Well you can wish in one hand and piss in the other, see which gets through first. :slight_smile:

We don’t know about Machete’s personality in the film don’t we :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe he turns out to be quite different(which I doubt).

Special thanks to Wackychan for the poster…

WHAT THE FUCK?

OMG - that’s awesome!! :slight_smile:

Sweet.

Is that an official poster or what? I knew Rodriguez was fast, but not that fast!

Since there are ‘fake-trailers’ who said there weren’t gonna be ‘fake-posters’ :wink:(even though Machete is gonna be made for real now…)

Cool! Where’d they get that pic? A magazine?

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
Cool! Where’d they get that pic? A magazine?
[/quote]
Got it on The Grindhouse Forum.

Yeah but where did THEY get the pic? A magazine or the GH website?

[quote=“PopeyePete”]
Yeah but where did THEY get the pic? A magazine or a website?
[/quote]

…and where did THEY get it? ???