The Music / Soundtrack

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Rodriguez I can do without.
[/quote]

Not only you dislike his movies, you also dislike the work he did vor KB Vol.2?

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
[/quote]

I think maybe he meant he could do without RR working on the IB soundtrack, right? I don’t know how anyone could dislike his contribution to the KB soundtrack - it kicks ass!

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
[/quote]

No I liked it. I thought he did a great job. And i never said I disliked his movies. I like a few of em.

I just dont think every movie QT makes he has to get his best pal to do something for it ya know? Those guys need to just do their own thing.

If RR can come up with some cool music, I’ll be happy. If the Q man only uses source music - fine.

The whole KB Vol.2 thing “hey Quentin, I’ll make some music, if you like it you can use it, if not then OK nevermind” was a perfect proposition I think.

Well we’ll see what the future brings…

Hey, if QT wants it in there and it works Im not gonna complain either. But I feel like if its a thing where every time QT makes a movie RR feels he has to compose for it, thats kinda lame.

If Robert does a soundtrack for IB, I doubt he’s gonna be in charge of the entire musical score of the entire film, maybe one or two tracks should suffice. But, “Chingon” is great I like their Vol.II soundtracks.

I just hope that the use of music is gonna be closer to Volume 2 -not surprising but good use of classic score- than to Volume 1. I ain’t sure the audacious “music meets image” choices of Volume 1 could work in a war movie.

yeah but this is not your typical war movie. we don’t know what “works” :wink: if it’s an “in your face” war movie, then I’m not sure where the boundaries are exactly

Just said this caus’ I remembered an old QT interview in which he said he might use a hip hop tune for IB. This was the kinda thing I was thinking about. But it might depend on which hip hop tune he’s gonna use if he does. To be honest, I wouldn’t have been enthusiastic if I heard two monthes before KB one sword fight might include disco. But it did work…

well KB had hip hop tunes (RZA) and that worked fine, but I guess we can only speculate at this point. honestly, I think we have NO CLUE whatsoever what sort of film this is gonna be. after all, the script was a big surprise to almost everyeone who read it

Biohazard… u havnt mentioned Metallica’s “The day that never comes” ??? i saw its vdo n i was actualy picturing thse crazy bastards in the movie with this track as a bckground music!!! i know the vdo has nothing to do with what QTs gona make but isnt the song crazy enuf?!!?! :stuck_out_tongue: lol wat do u say?

I say the title theme from “Inglorious Bastards” (Castellari’s) :wink:

I think QT’s way of putting music to his movies fits his style of movies. However, the movie is still the directors movie even if someone else scores it. If you don’t like what a composer does with your film, then tell him it sucks and move on to the next idea. I actually like the idea of working with composers, it’s just like working with a dp, if you let someone else shoot your film, it’s alomst like letting a composer score your movie. If you’re collaborating together on the movie. You can score a movie around the editing of your footage, if that’s what you choose. I like both ways of doing it, it just depends on the movie. In a way though, if you think about it, by QT using old film scores, some one else is still kind of scoring the movie, even if he’s using the music or score in a different way than that of the original movie he took it from. It’s still their score. Qt’s just using it in a collage approach, as opposed to tailoring the score to the movie with an composer. Like I said, it depends on the movie. I can’t imagine IB with a John Williams score or Danny elfman score or any of those types of traditional composers.

I think the best thing about the way QT does his music is the fact that the music is from other films and eras so it brings all that to the scenes plus what QT is actually doing himself. Its def the ultimate post modern way of scoring a film too. I think thats awesome.

just read on a random portuguese blog that it was “Music: Ennio Morricone”, for no reason whatsoever. i sent an email just to make sure there wasn’t something I didn’t know. but i like the idea. i mean, morricone music would be great, cinema paradiso style :wink:

Ennio Morricone - fuck yeah!!

I wonder if this will be in the film:

Ennio Morricone - Cinema Paradiso - YouTube

[quote=“PutneySwope”]

[/quote]

I sure in the HELL hope so! That’s some beautiful shit. I’m trying to think of where I’ve heard it before. I think it’ll bring a whole new demension to a QT film that we haven’t seen yet. Not like this, not this pretty. For those of you who’ve read the script, where do you think he would put this music at?

[quote=“hassaan_tripod”]
Biohazard… u havnt mentioned Metallica’s “The day that never comes” ??? i saw its vdo n i was actualy picturing thse crazy bastards in the movie with this track as a bckground music!!! i know the vdo has nothing to do with what QTs gona make but isnt the song crazy enuf?!!?! :stuck_out_tongue: lol wat do u say?
[/quote]

I doubt Metallica songs will be played in this film, I mean it is WWII, you don’t want to suspend disbelief with contemporary music that the general audience knows. They’re all going to be musical scores without lyrics I suppose.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]

[/quote]

This track would be great for Shosanna! I can hear this track playing with Shosanna on the rooftop of the cinema under a starry sky. Awwwwwwsoooooome.