The Gold Watch

And Jungle Julia? Sie died in the real universre but her death is known in the movie universe, can she jump 2? Also you forgot Jasper who was in DP and KB.

First of all McGraw died in From Dusk Till Dawn, so they are different “realities or dimensions” with the same characters pressed all over. The entire film is set in Texas except for the second hald of DP. Again nothing is connected in the films but the sole existence of the same characters. Some may die in other films, yet they will still appear in others as in Jasper who died in Kill Bill, but then appears in Death Proof. It’s a very novelistic approach as QT stated in the Charlie Rose show.

Did he ever say if Jasper was in fact the trucker rapist in KB? Or was that just speculation?

Larry: Jungle Julia is mentioned in PT on the radio, but shes not in the film. And its RRs film, not QTs so that doesnt count either.

QT is the one who stated he had two different movie universes, so we’ve been following that theory.

Still not sure which universe IB is in. Since its WWII, and has Winston Churchill, Hitler in it. Its most likely a Realer Than Real World Universe film. Its just QTs alt version of US history. Plus it doesnt sound like it has any supernatural elements.

Would From Dusk Till Dawn be in the Tarantino universes? Robert Rodriguez directed but QT wrote it so I’d see it fitting more into QT’s.

Seems reasonable to assume that Jasper and trucker rapist are one and the same.

I’m not a fan of all this multipe QT movie-movie, real world universe theory stuff. Movies are movies for me.

[quote=“Noir_Fiction”]
I’m not a fan of all this multipe QT movie-movie, real world universe theory stuff. Movies are movies for me.
[/quote]

It’s just a cool thing that they can be so interconnected and be totally separate at the same time. I love watching the flicks and all of a sudden, Sheriff McGraw shows up!

So, we kinda now agree that there is no time line? Because the Rodriguez timeline makes no sense and i dont really like “hey they can just switch universes”, that sounds a bit lame to me.

I think the timeline or time in general doesn’t really apply. It’s like watching a cartoon. You don’t see Eric Cartman, Bart Simpson or Mickey Mouse getting any older. They are just there in multiple stories.

Same character, time doesn’t matter. It’s all about a movie world of references and characters showing up. Like in Myths, Legends, or whatever form of storytelling in the history of mankind: The characters don’t age (Or maybe in one story and are young again in another one, it all doesn’t matter). They are just forever there in this ongoing purgatory of story galore.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
Would From Dusk Till Dawn be in the Tarantino universes? Robert Rodriguez directed but QT wrote it so I’d see it fitting more into QT’s.

Seems reasonable to assume that Jasper and trucker rapist are one and the same.
[/quote]

FDTD, NBK and Kill Bill are in the movie movie universe. The rest are in the realer than real world. If you look in the wiki, theres a page that explains how it all works.

[quote=“Pete”]
FDTD, NBK and Kill Bill are in the movie movie universe. The rest are in the realer than real world. If you look in the wiki, theres a page that explains how it all works.
[/quote]

[quote]Still not sure which universe IB is in. Since its WWII, and has Winston Churchill, Hitler in it. Its most likely a Realer Than Real World Universe film. Its just QTs alt version of US history. Plus it doesnt sound like it has any supernatural elements.[/quote]

Totally agree on those classifications!

Realistic movie: Trying to emulate or mimesis real life with the medium film.

Realer Than Real World Universe: It looks like real life, but it really is more like a myth, legend, saga, where the movie is larger than real life, even though it might look like mimesis at most points.

Movie movie universe: 2 degrees of separation from the real world. Existing only in the light of other movies, books and stories. If a director in the Realer Than Real World Universe would make a movie in for his sense ‘Realer Than Real World Universe’ it would be in this category.

Plato would really hate the movie movie universe! ;D

I think the Universe theory is an idea that has come and gone. It was something thought up by QT around the time of Kill Bill to separate that creation from his earlier hyper-real worlds he created and warrant its unreal stuff without taking anything away from it. If that’s the case, QT has only one movie in this so called movie-movie Universe, Kill Bill (2 if you count FDTD). Everything else has been in the realer-than-real-world Universe, including Death Proof, which is almost unanimously lumped into the same category as Kill Bill now by everyone (even fans) because of its heavily steeped movieness… and the only thing acknowledging otherwise this is QT saying so.

And of course he can just make up his own rules, so of course, Sheriff McGraw was able to show up in Death Proof even though that’s the real world… so I can’t put too much into that. I think it worked and seemed plausible at the time of Kill Bill, where he had these hyper-real worlds of RD, PF, and TR and his supernatural-aspect worlds of FDTD and KB… but with something like Death Proof, where it’s a Grindhouse homage and slasher movie, I think it’s pushing it to assume it’s in the same world as RD and PF just because the events could actually happen, when it’s really a lot more than that. And I honestly don’t think Quentin even puts this much thought into it anymore, but likes it as an idea and will play it up to fans… but if his movies are to be heavily steeped in movieness from now one I don’t think the Universe theory need apply.

Point in fact: QT doesn’t even know what Universe IB is set in and was lost for words when asked about it in an interview recently, so he probably has let go of it, or, as I predicted, will have to think up a third one for this creation.

:slight_smile:

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
It’s just a cool thing that they can be so interconnected and be totally separate at the same time. I love watching the flicks and all of a sudden, Sheriff McGraw shows up!
[/quote]

I like that too. It’s something that I appreciate in his writing, it’s all the theorizing that I don’t like.

[quote=“Kinick”]
Point in fact: QT doesn’t even know what Universe IB is set in and was lost for words when asked about it in an interview recently, so he probably has let go of it, or, as I predicted, will have to think up a third one for this creation.
[/quote]

You could be right. Hopefully the universe topic will come up again in an interview sometime and he’ll clear it all up.

[quote=“Dman 23”]
wouldent that be fucking awesome if it was mention in the movie HAHAHA
[/quote]

very good idea, you smart ass!

this made me laught. :slight_smile: thanks.

lol. That would be awesome!