The Doors

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]Actually they are cause the beatles are the biggest selling band of all time. If you dont believe me then check it out.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_be … ic_artists”>List of best-selling music artists - Wikipedia</LINK_TEXT>[/quote]

how long were you waiting to pull this one out? who cares if they sold big? that shouldn’t replace the quality because when you think about it: in recent history the biggest sellers have been Britney Spears and she certainly isn’t doing anything interesting and neither is Lady Gaga.

but yes, The Beatles are a great band and perhaps they’re overrated but no matter what musical genre you dip into, if you trace it back far enough, you’ll find the beatles at the end. of course, they have their own influences and all. i’m still a much bigger Beach Boys fan than Beatles.

who the fuck are you to say that your shitty bands made “actual albums”. you cant say what is real music and what isnt.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]who the fuck are you to say that your shitty bands made “actual albums”. you cant say what is real music and what isnt.[/quote]

you obviously misunderstood what the meaning of that was.

[quote=“F.W.”]
how long were you waiting to pull this one out? who cares if they sold big? that shouldn’t replace the quality because when you think about it: in recent history the biggest sellers have been Britney Spears and she certainly isn’t doing anything interesting and neither is Lady Gaga.

but yes, The Beatles are a great band and perhaps they’re overrated but no matter what musical genre you dip into, if you trace it back far enough, you’ll find the beatles at the end. of course, they have their own influences and all. i’m still a much bigger Beach Boys fan than Beatles.[/quote]
Well ofcourse you cant judge how good a band is on their record sales but look at how influential the beatles were. Yes they were overrated but they still made good music.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”][quote=“F.W.”]

but yes, The Beatles are a great band and perhaps they’re overrated but no matter what musical genre you dip into, if you trace it back far enough, you’ll find the beatles at the end. of course, they have their own influences and all. i’m still a much bigger Beach Boys fan than Beatles.[/quote]
Well ofcourse you cant judge how good a band is on their record sales but look at how influential the beatles were. Yes they were overrated but they still made good music.[/quote]

I'm not saying they didn't make great music (which the later years they did) and how influential Lennon was as an activist after the Beatles. I am just saying the "Rock Band" video games and the Jona Brothers hype they had in the early careers, they were and are overrated.

Commercially, the Stones I thought was the best band of the 60s.

did you just seriously say Jonas Brothers hype to the Beatles? It’s the other way around, man. Jesus.

[quote=“F.W.”]did you just seriously say Jonas Brothers hype to the Beatles? It’s the other way around, man. Jesus.[/quote]

I know it’s the other way around, but since we were talking about the Beatles, I had to put it in a way where we could understand (since we are living in this day and age.) that the hype the Jonas is getting was that of when the Beatles first came out. Though I don’t see a Lennon coming out of that crap.

except The Beatles had talent to back it up and weren’t a Disney marketed business venture and also weren’t afraid to drastically reinvent their style several hundred times.

[quote=“F.W.”]except The Beatles had talent to back it up and weren’t a Disney marketed business venture and also weren’t afraid to drastically reinvent their style several hundred times.[/quote]

I agree 100% with you. Just comparing the hype, not as artists or in Jonas case, a lip-singing, money making production made by Disney.

About the style changes from the Beatles, that is what I like most about them, is that they wanted to change and evolve, become better artists.

What are the odds of this? I just spent the last week becoming a Doors convert. My new fave band of all time.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]What are the odds of this? I just spent the last week becoming a Doors convert. My new fave band of all time.[/quote]

You messing around with me? Cool.

By mindless I mean a bunch of mixed metaphors that make no sense/can be interpreted a thousand different ways and get repeated way too many times. It doesn’t take effort or skill to get really fucked up, create a few random lines and then repeat them twenty times for three minutes.

The band is technically proficient but I need more than “trippy” music.

[quote=“Dex”]By mindless I mean a bunch of mixed metaphors that make no sense/can be interpreted a thousand different ways and get repeated way too many times. It doesn’t take effort or skill to get really fucked up, create a few random lines and then repeat them twenty times for three minutes.

The band is technically proficient but I need more than “trippy” music.[/quote]

I can say the same for "Punk" rock music. No skill or effort what-so-ever (Though The Doors had alot of effort, I don't understand that part) in punk rock music. Though you have to say Punk Rock was a big part of rock history, the same for the Doors and bands like the Beatles.

I’m not saying they weren’t influential. That undeniable. I just don’t like them.

no skill or effort in punk rock?

jesus fucking christ…

With Punk rock it really depends on the band. There were alotta bands that pretty much just got on stage and made a bunch of noise.

that’s a generalization and stereotype of the music. most of those bands were middle class kids pretending they grew up in shanties in the midwest and were pissed off and broke.

but bands like the replacements, black flag, fugazi, minor threat, minutemen, the clash, bad brains, death and the fall had more skill than most of the bands mentioned in this thread so far.

[quote=“F.W.”]that’s a generalization and stereotype of the music. most of those bands were middle class kids pretending they grew up in shanties in the midwest and were pissed off and broke.

but bands like the replacements, black flag, fugazi, minor threat, minutemen, the clash, bad brains, death and the fall had more skill than most of the bands mentioned in this thread so far.[/quote]

You tell'em F.W. ;D

[quote=“F.W.”]that’s a generalization and stereotype of the music. most of those bands were middle class kids pretending they grew up in shanties in the midwest and were pissed off and broke. [/quote]

So it’s okay to say most of but not a lot of? Cause that sounds just as much like a generalization as what I said.

[quote=“F.W.”]but bands like the replacements, black flag, fugazi, minor threat, minutemen, the clash, bad brains, death and the fall had more skill than most of the bands mentioned in this thread so far.[/quote]

Like I said; it depends on the band. For every band that was actually good and made a name for themselves through talent, there’s at least five really shitty bands trying to ride on their coat tails. Same goes for any genre of any art form.

you said about an entire genre. i said it about a subgroup of a very specific area. shitty bands = posers. that’s how it works…mine was a fact. yours was a generalization. this is the way it goes, captain amazing.