The Cast

Hu is Kelly Hu?

Anyway,

i dont mind Uma - i loved her in PF so i think that Tarantino-Thurman is a good deal.

I saw recent pictures of Hannah and she aint all that bad actually. I can actually see her play Elle Driver. I take back what i have said only coz she looks cool.

In Empire magazine (thats where i saw her pic) they said i think that she will be shooting Kill BIll for 12 weeks.

J.W.

what do you think of the rest of the cast? we dont need to open a topic for every actor in it…

i think QT should’ve cast another superstar actor like Robin Williams for a cameo, a cool think like casting John Woo for a Barkeeper role or casting Denise Richards as a street-whore or something.

It would be awesome to see all roles filled with stars… dont you think?

[quote]what do you think of the rest of the cast? we dont need to open a topic for every actor in it…

i think QT should’ve cast another superstar actor like Robin Williams for a cameo, a cool think like casting John Woo for a Barkeeper role or casting Denise Richards as a street-whore or something.

It would be awesome to see all roles filled with stars… dont you think?[/quote]

Robin Williams? Denise Richards? We’re getting wayyyyyyy off track here. QTs never gonna pick the most popular current stars to be in his films. At least not for awhile. The cool thing about QT is that he picks underused actors, forgotten actors and puts them into a part that shows their best qualities and how damn cool they can be.

[quote]what do you think of the rest of the cast? we dont need to open a topic for every actor in it…

It would be awesome to see all roles filled with stars… dont you think?[/quote]That’d be over casting. I think if he did that you’d be going “oh, there’s so and so” every ten minutes and you’d get distracted.

I think and hope Seb was being ironic. The day I see the likes of Denise Richards in a QT movie is the day I lose all hope for this earthly existence.

i said: cast her as a STREET-WHORE! :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]I think and hope Seb was being ironic. The day I see the likes of Denise Richards in a QT movie is the day I lose all hope for this earthly existence.[/quote]

Sebs been watching Starship Troopers on a constant loop. :slight_smile:

Seb, I recommand you check out Wild Things starring Neve Campbell and Denise Richards.

I love How QT casts actors and actresses like Harvey Keitel, Uma Thurman, Robert Forster, Samuel L. Jackson, Tim Roth, Michael Parks, Tom Savini, Steve Buscemi, Dick Miller, Josef Pilato, John Travolta, Bruce Willis, Pam Grier, Bridget Fonda, Michael Madsen, David Carradean, and Bo Svenson

I would love to see him cast Christopher Lee some day.

I don’t care if he needs someone to play a horse-mouthed sock puppet, in my opinion the words “Denise” and “Richards” should never appear on a QT movie’s ending credits in a consecutive order :wink:

Uma Thurman … The Bride (a.k.a. Black Mamba)

I can see her doing this. She’s got this tall lanky body with big feet(like Kareem in Game of Death) and a real cool sarcastic nature. She’s not too pretty, but that perfect for a “princess of blood” role like this.

David Carradine … Bill

Why not? I always hated the fact that he got Bruce Lee’s role in The Kung-Fu Master, but this is one classy man. Deathrace 2000 has been one of my favorite movies ever, and now I’m wondering if Carradine played “the Gimp” in Pulp Fiction.

Michael Madsen … Budd (a.k.a. Sidewinder)

He is perfect for this role. Going from leather clad leader of the D.iV.A.s to loser drunk who died stupidly is his thing in my eyes.  Too bad tho, cause I wanted to see him do some kinda swordfighting.

Sonny Chiba … Hattori Hanzo

QT knows what the fuck is up. I was just watching the Storm Riders again, man this guy is the shit, as long as he’s got some hair on his face. I don’y really like his Streetfighter movies much cause I think he looks weird all clean-shaven , but he definately knows how to fight. ÂÂ

Julie Dreyfus … Sofie Fatale

I know kothing about this chick, except that she is one hella sexy brunette. She makes me horny.

Vivica A. Fox … Vernita Green (a.k.a. Cobra)

Viv was in this movie called Idle Hands playing a demon killer, and I love her man! I know she can do the mommy thing(ID4) but it’s the fighting thing that will have me in it for this movie. Did I mention that I truly, deeply, love her?

Daryl Hannah … Elle Driver (a.k.a. California Mountain Snake)

Pris from Bladerunner, the best Cyberpunk movie of all time. Seeing her & Uma fight to the death will be sweet, I just hope that she doesn’t play the whiny, unsure of herself blond type of roles like she’s been doing lately, she better get back in her BR character for this role.

Chiaki Kuriyama … Go Go Yubari

I know nothing about her either, japanese schoolgirl outfit is dead sexy.

Chia Hui Liu … Pai Mei (as Gordon Liu)

The Master Killer, reissued by Wu-Tang fims. Sweet! Still, what’s this rumor that Quentin will play this role instead. Will he be convincing doing the ten point palm exploding heart technique or punching holes in wood from 3 inches away while wearing a white wig & beard?

Lucy Liu … O-Ren Ishi (a.k.a. Cottonmouth)

Sexy & sassy, between this role & Kelly Hu playing Lady Deathstryke in X-Men2, it’s going to be hard deciding which one I like better. QT is a fuckin’ genius for choosing her. She rocked in Charlie’s Angels.

LaTanya Richardson … L.F. O’Boyle

I’ve never seen Samuel L. Jackson’s wife before. Her role must be small in this movie, and she is not, not pretty. Her being in this justs boosts the rumor that her husband will play a dead pianist.

Bo Svenson … Reverend Harmony

Looks like a redneck preacher.

Michael Jai White … Alburt

This guy is not getting picked enough for good roles, y’know. I’ve seen practically everything he’s been in,  but he could be the new Wesley Snipes if he didn’t smile so much. Very, very cool cat is he.

I likes this cast!

QT knows what the fuck is up. I was just watching the Storm Riders again, man this guy is the shit, as long as he’s got some hair on his face. I don’y really like his Streetfighter movies much cause I think he looks weird all clean-shaven , but he definately knows how to fight. ÂÂ

• Hes clean shaven in Kill Bill.

Daryl Hannah … Elle Driver (a.k.a. California Mountain Snake)

Pris from Bladerunner, the best Cyberpunk movie of all time. Seeing her & Uma fight to the death will be sweet, I just hope that she doesn’t play the whiny, unsure of herself blond type of roles like she’s been doing lately, she better get back in her BR character for this role.

• If youve read the script you should know shes a badass mofo.

Chia Hui Liu … Pai Mei (as Gordon Liu)

The Master Killer, reissued by Wu-Tang fims. Sweet! Still, what’s this rumor that Quentin will play this role instead. Will he be convincing doing the ten point palm exploding heart technique or punching holes in wood from 3 inches away while wearing a white wig & beard?

• Gordon Liu is playing Pai Mei, QT is doing his voice only.

LaTanya Richardson … L.F. O’Boyle

I’ve never seen Samuel L. Jackson’s wife before. Her role must be small in this movie, and she is not, not pretty. Her being in this justs boosts the rumor that her husband will play a dead pianist.

• Shes not in the movie. QT cut out the whole chapter that she was in. But her husband Samuel L. Jackson IS in the film in a cameo.

[quote]

QT knows what the fuck is up. I was just watching the Storm Riders again, man this guy is the shit, as long as he’s got some hair on his face. I don’y really like his Streetfighter movies much cause I think he looks weird all clean-shaven , but he definately knows how to fight.  [/quote]

stormriders is shitty. somebody learned how do do computer FX and then like a little kid used it for 99 % of the movie. its total bullshit. you cant watch that. if you wanna see a real Chiba movie watch Street Fighter

[quote]

stormriders is shitty. somebody learned how do do computer FX and then like a little kid used it for 99 % of the movie. its total bullshit. you cant watch that. if you wanna see a real Chiba movie watch Street Fighter
[/quote]

It's not the best movie in the world no, but for a mad anime fan like us, it's something that I've been wanting someone to try & do in live action FOREVER. We even agree with you that the S/FX looked really bad, but imagine if ILM decided to make the Dragonball Z movie, shit hot! Seen all of the Streetfighter movies, I like. I just like this better.

![](upload://syJpUsrwSm6WH2V8ESUJ7bPMY1p.gif)[img]http://www.kungfuzombie.com/pictures/storm13.jpg[/img]

Sonny Chiba was the very best casting decision! I hope they turned him loose and let him kick some serious butt!! It would be a waste not to let him fight!!

[quote]Sonny Chiba was the very best casting decision! ÊI hope they turned him loose and let him kick some serious butt!! ÊIt would be a waste not to let him fight!![/quote]

Nope. The Incredible Sonny Chiba isnt fighting anyone in Kill Bill. He is creating the special Lioness Hanzo Jingi sword for The Bride and presenting it to her.

I highly recommend for those who have never seen David Carradine, check out Bird on a Wire (he plays the villain) and for contrast, check out the series Kung Fu (you can get the Columbia House videos on eBay).

Also, Read Endless Highway. David was born to play the role of Caine, he didn’t steal it from Bruce Lee. Bruce Lee was a very intense guy while David was far more calm. Bruce was Yang to David’s Yin. Even he said it himself. They complimented each other in their styles. David even honored Bruce Lee when he died.

As for the character of Bill, I could see Bruce Lee playing that role, if Bruce Lee was alive today. But I don’t know if Bruce was skilled with a sword. Have not seen enough of his Hong Kong films to know. David on the other hand has worked with a sword before (The Warrior and the Sorceress) and even worked left handed when he shattered his right hand on location when filming.

As for any other actors who could play any of the roles, how about the actress from, Fifth Element or was that Uma? I cannot remember her name. I think she would have made an excellent Bride.

(@

AJCrane

I think you’re talking about Milla Jovovich. I loved her in that movie as well. Interesting you should think she would be good for The Bride though based on it, because she talks in nothing but gibberish the whole time.

I don’t really think she would be good for The Bride character wise (doesn’t really compare to Uma), or any of the other roles. She’s not really mature enough for any of the characters.

Incidently I saw a small part of an awful movie the other day. “Executive Threat” or some such bullshit. But it had Daryl Hannah with Peter Weller trying to avert some kind of terrorist crisis. It was a bad movie, and her performance wasn’t great (can’t blame her really), but it did help me begin to see Daryl playing Elle, which I had been struggling with before.

Chiaki Kuriyama … Go Go Yubari

She is one sweet piece of ass. For those of you  who don’t know her. She played Student #13, Takako Chigusa, in “Battle Royale”

who stabbed the dude in the nutz…

And for those poor slubbs who haven’t seen “Battle Royale”,which include 98% of you, It is the greatest non-QT movie ever written and made. For those of you with broadband. you can get a vcd version for free from grokster or kazaa. For those who want the dvd, go to www.amazon.co.uk for it and buy the region 0 “special version” of it. Region 0 coding is an international format of dvd that will play anywhere in the world… just thought i’d throw that in cause i didn’t know what it was for months. This is a movie that will NEVER be released in the USA and you’ll know why after about 10-15 minutes Watch it and who ever doesn’t like this movie obviously is a flaming pole rider…

Peace

haha, now Daryl Hannah trained so much, she’s in perfect shape for Playboy she sais:

Actress Daryl Hannah has agreed to appear naked in Playboy magazine, at the age of 42. The Splash star will feature in the November issue of the legendary male interest publication after stripping for a shoot at her Malibu, California, home. Hannah is said to be in the best shape of her life - thanks to a rigorous regime of karate and sword fighting for her role as an assassin in upcoming Quentin Tarantino film Kill Bill.-imdb.com

[quote]haha, now Daryl Hannah trained so much, she’s in perfect shape for Playboy she sais:

Actress Daryl Hannah has agreed to appear naked in Playboy magazine, at the age of 42. The Splash star will feature in the November issue of the legendary male interest publication after stripping for a shoot at her Malibu, California, home. Hannah is said to be in the best shape of her life - thanks to a rigorous regime of karate and sword fighting for her role as an assassin in upcoming Quentin Tarantino film Kill Bill.-imdb.com[/quote]

Excellent, Smithers, Exxxxxxxcellent