The Bride vs. Jackie Brown

[quote]Black Mama vs. White Mama

What the fuck was the kill coutn in Kill Bill BTW…anyone count?

[/quote]

Not every Crazy 88 died, so I’m going to round the 88 to 50 dead. Add to that Vernita, O-Ren, Go-Go, Buck, the Trucker, Boss Tanaka, the Groom, the Organ Player, The Best Man, The Bride’s Maid, the Priest, the dude who killed O-Ren’s parents, his four guards, O-Ren’s family, and you come up with approximately 68.

And back onto this long dead topic that I just found by accident, it’s obvious that the Bride would physically kick thecrap out of Jackie Brown.

But as far as stronger females go, Jackie wins hands down.

When not on her vengeance quest, the Bride is just a regular woman. And when she is on her quest, she loses all of her femininity and becmoes a mchine.

Jackie, to put it simply, is nobody’s bitch. She is strong, secure, and 100% badass woman, hear her roar. But she can show compassion, one of the many traits women posess that men as a general public do not.

Just my thought. Sorry for ressurecting this topic.

[quote]

So were there officially 88 Crazy 88s in Kill Bill?

[/quote]
There were not 88 in the Crazy 88, This is a convo between Bill and Budd from vol.2.

Budd: You tryin to tel me, she cut her way through eighty-eight bodyguards 'fore she got to O-ren?

Bill: No. There wasn’t really eighty-eight of them, they just call themselves The Crazy 88.

Budd:How come?

Bill: I Dunno, I guess they thought it sounded cool.

So there you have it, proof that there weren’t 88 of them, but it would have been damn close to 88

[quote]
There were not 88 in the Crazy 88, This is a convo between Bill and Budd from vol.2.

Budd: You tryin to tel me, she cut her way through eighty-eight bodyguards 'fore she got to O-ren?

Bill: No. There wasn’t really eighty-eight of them, they just call themselves The Crazy 88.

Budd:How come?

Bill: I Dunno, I guess they thought it sounded cool.

So there you have it, proof that there weren’t 88 of them, but it would have been damn close to 88[/quote]
This is not proof that there weren’t 88 bodyguards. The joke, which you apparently didn’t “get”, is the fact that Bill cannot believe that the Bride cut through 88 bodyguards. It shows that he underestimates the Bride’s strength.

[quote]
This is not proof that there weren’t 88 bodyguards. The joke, which you apparently didn’t “get”, is the fact that Bill cannot believe that the Bride cut through 88 bodyguards. It shows that he underestimates the Bride’s strength.[/quote]

I disagree. If he underestimated her then he wouldn’t have told Budd she was so dangerous.

I think it was quite evident there weren’t really 88 fighters. I’d say there were about 30 or 40.

i think there really was 88 of them. the convo between Budd and Bill means nothing to the amount there are. its just some funny dialouge. how would bill seriously know? he wasnt there. and he obviously didnt set it up since he doesnt know why they came up with the name. so my guess is that there really was 88 of them

[quote]I think it was quite evident there weren’t really 88 fighters. I’d say there were about 30 or 40.[/quote]

The liner notes on the DVD say about 36.

[quote]

The liner notes on the DVD say about 36.[/quote]

That duly proves I'm right about everything. ::)

The Bride would chop up Jackie’s arse like fuckin’ celery!!

word

narf

I refuse to pit these two great characters against one another, but out of personal preference and favoritism – Beatrix Kiddo by a landslide. Jackie Brown didn’t exactly grab my heart strings at all but was a slick player and not a woman to fuck with. But not a strong emotional investment because this was crime caper film where Kill Bill delved much deeper into the psyche of the human condition.

Beatrix Kiddo is absolutely different than Jackie.

They cannot be compared, I think. While Kiddo is a deadly killer and avenger, Jackie dares to fuck up criminals with plans, but, I think, could never kill someone.

Yeah, they can’t really be compared. They both kick ass in different ways.

I usually don’t think i could kill someone, but i have been in a situation where i have been so blinded by pain and rage that i think perhaps i could off…and it’s not a nice feeling.

Anywho, you can’t compare these chicks. They both rock.

everybody has it in himself/herself to kill…you just have to be in a certain situation…

[quote]she loses all of her femininity [/quote]
how so? I’m not trying to start an argument, but even as a woman, I don’t know what femininity actually means, so I don’t know how she’d lose it. Also I don’t think she’s lost anything, but she’s gained a sense of specific purpose that becomes the most visible part of her.

the bride even though they both are set in two different universes!!

Two diffrent worlds.

It’s like comparing apples to oranges. Real world character v. fantasy figure

Alright people, let’s break this down and stop this nonsense

The Bride: (in no order of events)

-She is a former assassin

-She effectively wields a samurai sword

-She took a bullet to the brain and overcame a coma

-Untied herself, broke a coffin with little punching distance and successfully avoided being buried alive after being shot with rock-salt.

-Sucessfully thrawted off Oren Ishi’s “Crazy 88’s” by herself, regardless the actual number of people

-Successfully eliminated all members on her “to-do” list, minus Budd (Thanks Elle, you bitch)

Jackie Brown: (in no order as well)

• “Don’t take no for an answer”, independent attitude
  • Successfully pulled off the money-switch, and in doing so screwed over Ordell and the Cops…basically shes just intelligent to boot
  • Can stand her own and doesn’t fold under pressure (When Ordell first initially came to kill her - “Now get your hands from around my throat ni****”)

So who wins:

While Jackie Brown’s character is smart with an all out attitude, you can’t deny the fact that The Bride would easily take her down. Some of you mention that a gun beats a sword, but let me remind you that although Jackie Brown wields a gun in multiple scenes, she never really fires it. In fact, just before the final confrontation with Ordell, she practices her gun techniques, so she is obviously visually nervous. The Bride on the other hand, wields a weapon which she not only is well trained with, but uses effectively. Now had Jackie Brown and the Bride met, and Jackie Brown actually fired off a shot that hits B. Kiddo, you have to remember that she {The Bride} was shot in the head and over came a coma, and that sort of idea makes an intimidating statement for one’s name.

So the Bride wins, hands-down.

And yes, they are two different types of worlds and settings…but we can’t just compare them without their respective setting, because then we wouldn’t have any character development to base our arguments off.

Boom