The Best Tarantino book

i haven’t read any of these books either. o, to me it will interesting to know wich one is the best by the fan’s choice.

for finding out about qt’s background and his rise to fame, i’d recommend jami bernard’s ‘man and his movies’ book.

but for rare articles, interviews and reviews, the best one by far is ‘the film geek files’ by paul woods.

theses two are by far the best books on tarantino in my opinion.

thanks dude. i’m gonna look for these two books!!!

yeah and like i said, for a quick interview and some retrospective insight with some new ideas and results check out the pocket essentials. its really good and cheap.

quintessential isnt worth the money as far as i read. i am half way through and its mediocre at best

The Film Geek Files anthology is well worth reading, and has a key interview with Tarantino in the middle, in which he talks about his favorite Italian films. Peary’s interview book is handy. There is an even newer bio of Tarantino out now, Raised by Wolves, by Jerome Charyn, published by Thunder’s Mouth. Probably the best or at least brainiest book will be Edward Gallafent’s book, but it will be both expensive and probably hard to find, because it is from an academic press in Canada. But he is a fine writer.

i received my Raised by Wolves in the mail yesterday. but i won’t have the time to read it so i wills end it to our darling Claudia and she’ll write a review.

that reminds me that i still haven’t reviewed your Kill Bill casebook. damn. where did the time fly by? :wink:

[quote=“Bad Max”]
I dont think so… i have IMDB, Google and of course this forum to find things about QT if i need/want to…
[/quote]

Reading QT books are fun. Finding out stuff is only the half of it. If I am going to read, I may as well read something about QT.

I was going to buy Quentessential or The Man and his Movies…I bought Film Geek Files I’m about half way done with it. I’ll probably finish it soon.

So, the Man and his Movies is better than Quentessential?

they are very different. bernard’s book is more biographic, the quintessential is more a film analysis.

i’d recommend the jim smith over the quintessential, though…

Thanks.

[quote=“dkholm”]
The Film Geek Files anthology is well worth reading, and has a key interview with Tarantino in the middle, in which he talks about his favorite Italian films. Peary’s interview book is handy. There is an even newer bio of Tarantino out now, Raised by Wolves, by Jerome Charyn, published by Thunder’s Mouth. Probably the best or at least brainiest book will be Edward Gallafent’s book, but it will be both expensive and probably hard to find, because it is from an academic press in Canada. But he is a fine writer.
[/quote]

Re: The Film Geek Files

Would it be cheek to ask, which are Tarantino’s favorite Italian movies? Ok, I know quite a few, but not probably the ones of the interview.

[quote=“William Cutting”]
Re: The Film Geek Files

Would it be cheek to ask, which are Tarantino’s favorite Italian movies? Ok, I know quite a few, but not probably the ones of the interview.
[/quote]

I bought the book. There is no interview in the middle where he talks about his favorite Italian movies, only talks about Lucio Fulci and the DVD release THE BEYOND. I think, that’s a big difference. In spite of this I like the book.