Tarantino's way of doing sountracks

Constipated poop, QT is a man after his own heart. Just can’t theorize what brilliance grows from the mind of the man.

White Wedding and Hey Joe – YIKES!!! That’s heinous!!! Nancy Sinatra rocked for the opening credits and maintained the atmosphere and mood of the film perfectly. The Massacre at Two Pines would have been ruined by an occupying addition of a soundtrack or score. Are you kidding? Please tell you are? Not to mention Billy Idol is a mainstream glam rock sellout. EWWWW! Like jumping in bed with Ruth Gordon.

Mainstream sellout or not, Billy Idol still rocks.

Who said anything about Billy Idol? And alright I admit I was wrong about Hey Joe instead of Bang Bang. Hey Joe=bad,Bang Bang=good. ;D

i like Billy Idol. yess ;D

and i like Hey Joe too, but just not in place of Bang Bang

“White Wedding” wouldn’t have worked in the scene that we actually saw during the intro, but for the intended original wedding massacre it would have been the bomb

Anyone else fed up with that ‘Woo Hoo’ song by the 5,6,7,8’s???

I though it was ace in Kill Bill, but then it got put on every advert (slight exaggeration) in the UK and hoards of people went around shouting ‘Woo Hoo’ which just frankly pissed me off!

As for the Nancy Sinatra/Jimmy Hendrix argument, I thought Nancy’s song worked ace, more likely to send shivers down the spine than Hey Joe, which is a good song in it’s own right!

4 radio stations from the video game grand Theft auto san andreas remind me

Tarantinoesqe music of his liking,the stations are Bounce FM, K Rose, Mastersounds Fm

and K dust…

Bounce fm= Classic funk and jive

K Rose= Country music and western songs

Mastersounds= old school R&B retro 70’s music

K dust= Classic rock

The soundtrack is great I wonder if Qt ever played the game GTA san andreas… Im sure

he would get a kick out of the radio music station… BTW SAM" the man" Jackson

and Chris Penn voices 2 characters in the game… Totally awesome!!

I’ld love to hear him use - Human Fly by the Cramps. Great beat and odd enough to be put in a QT scene.

[quote=“roulette67”]
I’ld love to hear him use - Human Fly by the Cramps. Great beat and odd enough to be put in a QT scene.
[/quote]

DAMN! I thought I was the only one who thought of that!

I always thought “Human Fly” would’ve been perfect to play right after “Zed’s dead”

[quote=“Solidas”]
4 radio stations from the video game grand Theft auto san andreas remind me

Tarantinoesqe music of his liking,the stations are Bounce FM, K Rose, Mastersounds Fm

and K dust…

Bounce fm= Classic funk and jive

K Rose= Country music and western songs

Mastersounds= old school R&B retro 70’s music

K dust= Classic rock

The soundtrack is great I wonder if Qt ever played the game GTA san andreas… Im sure

he would get a kick out of the radio music station… BTW SAM" the man" Jackson

and Chris Penn voices 2 characters in the game… Totally awesome!!
[/quote]

Ha ha, yeah i’ve noticed this too! Normally if we were talking my music taste i’d stick to Radio X, however I find I normally listen to those stations for the ‘Tarantino Factor’!

The inclusion of Samuel L and Penn doing voices was great! (Gotta love Shaun Ryder’s voice more though!)

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t QT start the whole dialogue in a OST thing??

Good Morning Vietnam and American Graffiti had dialogue from the movie(s) on the soundtrack, but the DJ were the only ones talking. As far as other characters in movies goes…Good question.

[quote=“Hattori_Honzo”]
Not to criticise QT, but I’m of the opinion that he could have used the 1974 song “Hey Joe” by Jimmie Hendrix for the opening scene of Kill Bill vol. 1. Instead of that song by Sinatra’s daughter “He Shot Me Down”. Just my opinion. (BTW I’m sorry I can’t remember the name of the woman who did that song at the beginning of Kill Bill 1)
[/quote]

It is definatley one of the best-used songs in any of his movies! Or any movie! It goes so well with the movie, it’s kinda freaky! “Music played and people sang, just for me the church bells rang”. Plus the obvious, “Bang, Bang my baby shot me down”…sometimes I wonder if he had the song in mind when he wrote the movie? Just listen to the words!

Yeh QT doesn’t just use any old music in his films. The songs he uses most of the time are very relevant to the scene. In the instances where the song has nothing to do with the scene or the characters, it is usually a song/music that fits into the scene very well. Also, he times his music and what is going on on-screen perfectly. On most occasions what is happening on screen matches the music and it is (almost) always pin point correct. One example I can think of is in Jackie Brown where some music is played before Jackie gets to the mall, QT timed it so that the moment she entered the mall and started becoming familiar with the room the music changed at that exact point which matches the atmosphere at the time (see Special Edition Trivia Track).

He is like Leone in this way as Leone also used some great music at the most appropriate times in his films to great effect.

I think Sid Vicious’ version of My Way (which was used in the final credits of Goodfellas) would suit a Tarantino movie

I agree with the person that said ‘96 Tears’ would be good in one of his movies…I also think that ‘Bandito’ by Dick Dale would also be good, as well as ‘Pipeline’ by who’s name I can’t remember.

i cant say what for a song but i know tha the tarantino soundtracks are the best soundtracks. no other film has such a good soundtrack

[quote=“aceman”]
i cant say what for a song but i know tha the tarantino soundtracks are the best soundtracks. no other film has such a good soundtrack
[/quote]

I totally agree Quentin’s soundtracks are the best.

OK–Tarantino has fucking great taste in music.

I know the Bang Bang hater changed his mind (wisely) but using Nancy Sinatra’s song was one of the most inspired he’s ever done.

And don’t forget–Tarantino has ressurected the careers of many a musician–Dick Dale, Link Wray, even Al Green and Neil Diamond to a certain extend (with the cover of “Girl You’ll be a Woman Soon”).

I agree witht Question Mark and Mysterions 96 Tears call–perfect for Tarantino. But also another Nancy Song, only with Lee Hazelwood like, “Some Velvet Morning” would be excellent in a QT film. And some more rockabilly, like Eddie Cochran or Johnny Burnett. This is, after all, I guy who said you could tell a lot by a person if they considered themself an Elvis or Beatles fan. He is, clearly, pro-Elvis.

[quote=“morton downey”]

And don’t forget–Tarantino has ressurected the careers of many a musician–Dick Dale, Link Wray, even Al Green and Neil Diamond to a certain extend (with the cover of “Girl You’ll be a Woman Soon”).

[/quote]

You are right there. I’m 16, and after seeing Q’s films i’ve got into Al Green, Chuck Berry and others. it’s helped me appriciate a different kind of music to most people my age, which is a fantastic thing to do.