Tarantino's best film?

i think the music fits like a glove.

the soundtrack is so beautiful…

I just changed my mind. First it was PF. Now it is RD. I love the whole gangster feeling in the movie.

[quote]haikus are awesome

they are so easy to write

fuck haiku haters
[/quote]

yep haiku’s cool…screw anyone who doesnt like it.

perhaps they dont know what it is.

yeah…brutality fag is right.

Haiku’s are 5, 7, 5.

I am Dead Nigga.

Be yourself and don’t do drugs.

Broccoli tastes horrible.

^^^ that is 5,7,7

a haiku should be 5 7 5 but i dont think it absolutly has to be.

[quote]^^^ that is 5,7,7[/quote]

fuck, youre right....

I had a brain fart dammit

Back on topic, I have to say Jackie Brown is a brilliant film and I feel sorry for all those who can’t appreciate his brilliance. I can’t say it’s one of Tarantino’s best, cause he only directed 4 movies and they’re all great  :); but I can recommend this film to any film-lover. The story manages to be both a gripping crime movie and a realistic love story at the same time. It will probably become my favorite QT movie in twenty years time, when I’m in my middle age phase and where I could then relate to the characters more than present. Right now I prefer ear slicing, syringe stabbing and head choppings.  8)

I think what makes Jackie Brown special is that because it’s so nary of violence, that when we do get a violence scene, it hits us with so much more impact. It almost feels like the gunshots are “louder” in Jackie Brown than in Pulp Fiction. Do you feel what I’m saying?

[quote]I think what makes Jackie Brown special is that because it’s so nary of violence, that when we do get a violence scene, it hits us with so much more impact. It almost feels like the gunshots are “louder” in Jackie Brown than in Pulp Fiction. Do you feel what I’m saying?[/quote]
Definatly, it really shows that QT doesnt use violence just for the hell of it.

Yes I agree with you. When Louis shot Mel in the parking lot for instance, it hit me really hard. It was the last thing I was expecting at that point, and left me with a surprised smile on my face. It’s like she was practically there throughout the whole course of the film, and then, in two seconds - BAM- she’s dead. Only QT can pull off cool shit like this.

Even moreso with the ingenious camera directing of the Beaumont killing. I was shocked and laughing at the same time. Every killing in Jackie Brown ends with a half-shocked/half laughing reaction. I fucking love it.

My Favorite definatly is Reservoir dogs i watchit all the time shit is it great

I’m obviously in the minority here, but “Reservoir Dogs” is the QT film which I watch less often. Of course I love the movie, that obvioulsy goes without saying. But for me it doesn’t hold up that much for multiple doings like the other QT films do. Much of the time spent in the warehouse is spent by Mr. White shouting at the top of his lungs and everyone trying to sound cool. And the Mr. White, Mr. Blonde flashback sequences are pretty boring once you’ve seen them a couple of times. Even though the movie is still great, I can honestly say it’s my least favorite QT movie of the four.

i agree the mr white and blonde flashbacks there boring my least fav scene would have to be the orange flasback tho i love the movie so much its awsome for a rookie at the time

1. Why is this topic under Jackie Brown?

2. Why is this topic here at all?

Best film: Kill Bill Vol 1. (Love it the most so far, Grindhouse bliss, the marriage of direction and music aka Cinema is brilliant. Its: raw, daring, beautiful, colorful, violent, funny, dirty)

Most influential/popular film: Pulp Fiction (great direction, dialogue, acting, music. Its: classy, Hitchcockian, ironic, funny, uproarious, sweet, hip)

Most mature film: Jackie Brown (Its: The perfect chill out movie, perfect direction, music, dialogue and acting)

One of the Coolest debut films ever: Reservoir Dogs (my favorite heist film, excellent acting, dialogue, music. Its: funny, bloody, sharp, hip)

damn hes good

my favourite is kill bill and my least is jackie brown,and its not like ive got a lot to pick from

My favourite is Kill Bill (then again it was the first Tarantino film i saw), i can’t say what my least favourite is because i have’nt seen Reservoir dogs yet, i have it on dvd i just have’nt watched it yet!

I would have to say Kill Bill but he is still young in his career

so my choice can always change it used to be Pulp Fiction was one of the movies I would watch non stop than Jackie Brown…But April 13th will be a non stop marathon for me when it comes out!