Tarantino Unveils 'Inglorious Bastards' To 4 Major Hollywood Studios

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
Tarantino not being able to make his vision come true 100% due to his slightly lowered market value since the Grindhouse debacle is my worst fear. Ever.

nobody, no producers, no studio bosses, not nobody, NOBODY can tell Quentin how to do things, or to change/add/cut something.
[/quote]

I agree whole-heartedly. If he can’t make this fucker exactly the way he wants to like he’s been able to do w/ all his previous ventures, then I’d rather he not make it all.

Exciting stuff…

I wonder just how much money needs to be shelled out anyway… what was kill bill 60 million in all?

[quote=“cyber-lili”]
There are different kind of producers. The main difference is between a regular producer and an executive producer. The executive one mainly gives his own money, or from the studio he’s with. A regular producer looks for money for your movie, looks for other executive producers, sponsors, find a distributor. That’s why the Weinstein won’t give their own money but will only help to release the movie and find sponsors. Does that sound clear ?
[/quote]

Perfectly clear, thanks. 8)

If you click again on the first link on this page, there’s a news update. Apparently QT wants Brad Pitt to star in it. That’d be awesome if it were true. :smiley:

plus if he has Brangelina on the Set:

<LINK_TEXT text=“Brad Pitt confirmed for Inglorious Bastards role - The Quentin Tarantino Archives … e-bastard/”>Brad Pitt the Bastard? - The Quentin Tarantino Archives</LINK_TEXT>

I tell ya, for a long time Ive not cared a whole lot about this project but the mystique around it does make me hope its really good. Hearing that its finally so close I think I’m in shock actually. I’m a little excited and I can’t imagine what its going to be like.

Oh SNAP! Benders back on board! I like it when the family comes back home. (Everyone shows up when they smell some good ol pussy, eh?) Makes me wonder if the QT might have told LB, many years past, that he would be offered a piece of the epic enchilada that is Inglorious Bastards.

Pitt??? I think I just peed myself like a little girl! I was just saying the other day how I great I think Brad is and how I wanna suck Angie’s swollen BOOBIES all night long! Sorry. When I heard Brad Pitt was in a new Coen Brothers film I really did get a woody though. Now hearing he may be attached to QT’s “masterpiece” makes me wet with anticipation (and also I got another woody). Fantastico!

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
I tell ya, for a long time Ive not cared a whole lot about this project but the mystique around it does make me hope its really good. Hearing that its finally so close I think I’m in shock actually. I’m a little excited and I can’t imagine what its going to be like.

Oh SNAP! Benders back on board! I like it when the family comes back home. (Everyone shows up when they smell some good ol pussy, eh?) Makes me wonder if the QT might have told LB, many years past, that he would be offered a piece of the epic enchilada that is Inglorious Bastards.

Pitt??? I think I just peed myself like a little girl! I was just saying the other day how I great I think Brad is and how I wanna suck Angie’s swollen BOOBIES all night long! Sorry. When I heard Brad Pitt was in a new Coen Brothers film I really did get a woody though. Now hearing he may be attached to QT’s “masterpiece” makes me wet with anticipation (and also I got another woody). Fantastico!

[/quote]

You like sharing all the details, don’t you?:slight_smile:

As long as QT gets with an company that doesn’t hold him back, i’m all for it Two Thumbs Up

if you read the news closely, the cooperation with the majors is mostly to give it more international clout and to maybe prop up the budget. if i’m not mistaken, studios do partnerships with others every no and then for projects where they see it fit, so it’s not really revolutionary i guess… at least its good to hear this baby is already rocking tinseltown

He’ll get his bugdet and his artistic vision. It seems that for some reason QT has never had any problems on that subject. But we knew that already.

Brad Pitt? I’m all for it. So he’s working with the Coens, David Fincher and now Quentin Tarantino? Why not? And I completely forgot he was True Romance, which I have curiously never seen. hides in shame

ARM PITT!! I really didnt expect to hear his name come up. I like Brad, Im not a huge fan of his tho. I cant say Im super excited with that choice. Esp when hes in so many movies already. I think my feelings also come from the publicity overkill we get about him and Angelina. Its like if you enjoy a certain food but you keep eating it too much and get tired of it. Thats how I feel about them. BUT I really hope QT gets whoever he thinks would be best in the film. Brad is actually part of the Tarantino Acting Family, I almost forget he was FLOYD! (Ohhh maaan) so it makes sense.

Sgt. Floyd: Hey! Get some beer and some cleaning products!

Pvt. Gimp: Sir Yes sir! Right away sir!

"Don’t be condenscending me Soldier boy, I’ll fuckin’ kill you man!"

Brad Pitt = Excellent choice. I’m liking it…

yeah he’s an excellent actor I think, he can do anything, he’s expecially hilarious when playing characters like Floyd or Jeffrey Goines (12 monkeys)

To be honest, I don’t think Tarantino’s hold and vision over the project is in any doubt. If he could hold his own against studio bosses back when he was a nobody and managed to get complete creative control over his film with no interruption from anybody else, well then it’s more than likely that he has the same power now. QT isn’t one for letting anybody tell him what to do when it comes to HIS baby. That’s one of the things I love about him.

With regards to maybe casting Brad Pitt, I think that’s an excellent choice. Pitt is one of those actors who can really encompass a director’s vision. Look at all the films he’s been in and how different each performance has been. He is able to take on board what a director wants from him, and then adds his own touch to it. I thought he was especially good in Fight Club and Jesse James.

Yeah, Brad Pitt sounds like an excellent choice cause he’s the symbol of bankable actors, so it’ll bring back some audience after the Grindhouse minor incident. Plus he’s the kind of intelligent star, not just a good looking guy, he has a real talent, can perform complexe roles.

[quote=“Ify”]
To be honest, I don’t think Tarantino’s hold and vision over the project is in any doubt. If he could hold his own against studio bosses back when he was a nobody and managed to get complete creative control over his film with no interruption from anybody else, well then it’s more than likely that he has the same power now. QT isn’t one for letting anybody tell him what to do when it comes to HIS baby. That’s one of the things I love about him.[/quote]

Don’t forget, all that was before the whole Grindhouse fiasco etc. Who would dare deny complete creative control to a man who just made Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction? Not many, I’ll tell you that. But I agree, this is HIS baby, and he’ll get exactly what he wants one way or another. After all, it’s still QT!

[quote=“Kinick”]
Don’t forget, all that was before the whole Grindhouse fiasco etc. Who would dare deny complete creative control to a man who just made Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction? Not many, I’ll tell you that. But I agree, this is HIS baby, and he’ll get exactly what he wants one way or another. After all, it’s still QT!
[/quote]

But then again who would dare give complete creative control to a man who hasn’t even made a film yet, who hadn’t even attended film school?

I don’t think the failure of Grindhouse at the Box Office will take any power away from QT in making his film. Despite said failure, Death Proof was actually a critical success. One highlight in particular was the 10-minute long standing ovation he received at Cannes 2007 after Death Proof was screened. What’s more, I don’t think QT will allow anybody to interfere with his vision. He will do whatever it takes to make sure he has full artistic freedom. Especially as Inglorious Bastards seems to be his ultimate epic masterpiece. Something that could replace the love he holds for Pulp Fiction. It’s been a long time in the making, ain’t nobody gonna tell him how to make it!

yeah, everytime people blow the Grindhouse whistle again, I feel like yelling out my window “just because it didn’t make bank the first weekend doesn’t mean it sucked, now go home and watch Hancock you popcorn munchers!”

Grindhouse is just one film. Even if it’s a lot of dollars we’re talking about, he’s allowed to have one ‘mistake’ (I used that word vaguely, as in a financial mistake, not critical).

While we’re on Brad Pitt, the thing that’s so curious about him is that he’s actually not played that many ‘pretty-boys’. His films have always been dark. It was even in his contract in Se7en that the ending was going to be kept or else he wouldn’t do it. Still, Fight Club and The Assassination of Jesse James proved that even Pitt isn’t always bankable.

I didnt think Grindhouse was that great to be totally honest. Not because it didnt make tons of money. Just overall Im not a fan of RR and Death Proof is my least favorite QT film. Im starting to not like Robert Rodriguez. I just dont care about his movies or him. Red Sonja? Spy Kids? Fuck that shit.

As far as Ing Bastards, Im sure QT will get whoever he wants for it. Its going to be an awesome project. Brad Pitt is a good actor, hes really not a personal favorite of mine but in a QT movie I know he will bring his A game. Plus I doubt the film will only be about him. We still have a bunch more people to be thrown into the mix!