TARANTINO AND RODRIGUEZ TO APPEAR IN SPIKE TV's SCREAM AWARDS!

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
What do you mean by that? I havent heard of anything negative about QT’s worth ethics (not showing up, bad attitude, ect) and although I know he drinks lots of beer, Ive no reason to believe he even does drugs. Ive seen people post that QT’s on drugs but I don’t depend on 13 year olds with an internet connection for my news.
[/quote]

He does ecstasy (or at least used to do when filming Kill Bill). He said so himself in a Playboy interview, but I don’t really give a damn. 90% of Hollywood does drugs, let’s not be so naive here.

Complete introduction,montage,and speech:

- YouTube

Ow cool. Can I finally see the whole thing. Thanks. Damn, it’s removed already.

I dunno if there’s an 07 scream awards topic. Anyway did anyone catch this. I’ve seen a few videos on youtube but they don’t have QT’s acceptance speeches. Also Amy Lee Hartzler from Evanescence made an apperance with Eli Roth how bad ass was that.

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2905786/event/22474

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.ifilm.com/video/2905014?cmpn … ID_2905014”>ifilm.com domain name is for sale. Inquire now.</LINK_TEXT>

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.ifilm.com/video/2905783?cmpn … ID_2905783”>ifilm.com domain name is for sale. Inquire now.</LINK_TEXT>

here it is!

“Was that a car crash, or was that a fucking caaaaar craaaash!”

what a badass motherfucker!

LMAO! Id say QT was just a liiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit drunk. Not much, just a tiny bit.

Here’s an another one: ifilm.com domain name is for sale. Inquire now.

I can’t beleive I fucking missed this show, it looks so crazy. I’ll have to check my tv listings but I doubt it’s still airing.

So I saw this yesterday, pretty crappy show :-</E>

Do you think QT is losing it? He was drunk in this show. He went from holding a shiny Oscar to holding some dopey black spike…yeesh. It just seemed like he was forcing himself to like the show, it was like a circus it was so dopey and pathetic. If anyone else watched this, you’ll know what i’m talking about. I hope they cancel the scream awards, how awful.

Hes always been a Grindhouse freak since he was a little kid. He probably feels more at home at the Scream Awards than at the Oscars actually. I think QT will be returning to the Oscars someday but I doubt thats his main artistic goal. He just wants to make his films.

Personally I dont care too much about the Scream awards at all. I really dont like the people or the movies they push (not including Grindhouse)

I’m just saying most of the movies there were pretty lame. Saw III, The Descent, Transformers, Pirates of The Caribbean?! It’s like half horror and half blockbuster, plus they had all these awful performances. I don’t know I just don’t like most horror movies coming out these days, they’re just awful. QT didin’t seem too amused, but it was good to see Sid and QT together.

I dont know, Im not into most of those modern action/horror films. I watch them once to give them a chance but generally I like more dramatic type films these days. As far as classic Exploitation, I am a big fan of those. Lots of great directors/movies from the old days.

Yeah, they were more original back then, all these new directors are doing is playing the same old shit in their own way. And that Halloween remake was that even neccessary? It fucking sucked! Thank god we still have Romero, the only true legendary director. Note I didin’t say horror director because I think Romero should be up there with Scorsese.

Those old timers also had NO budgets to work with but they used ingenuity and outrageousness to carry the films. Look at Romero for example. NOTLD is a brilliant movie made with no money at all. Its all about the direction, intense atmosphere and the actors.

Or Hooper’s Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Every horror movie or at least most of them will have a scene where the character stops at some spooky gas station. This movie formula has been used to death. QT really brought some ingenuity to a true horror/slasher film like Death Proof, but other dumbasses preffer to watch Saw 10 or whatever the fuck it is.

These days its really about taking ideas everyones already seen and putting your own spin on them. Because unless you create some idea noone has ever done before in cinema, its not going to change anything.

I think DP is very much in the vein of the orig TCM because it doesnt show hardly any blood or gore (except for the leg thats chopped off). Theres really no blood in it, just psychological moments of creepiness. I like that more than the shit in Saw actually.

[quote]These days its really about taking ideas everyones already seen and putting your own spin on them. Because unless you create some idea noone has ever done before in cinema, its not going to change anything.

I think DP is very much in the vein of the orig TCM because it doesnt show hardly any blood or gore (except for the leg thats chopped off). Theres really no blood in it, just psychological moments of creepiness. I like that more than the shit in Saw actually. [/quote]

Here’s a very good point by Siskel and Ebert, I think they’re talking about Friday The 13th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c3nXYo-51M

Im actually a big fan of the first 6 Friday The 13ths, so I cant agree with them on that. I like 80s slasher films alot. I just dont go for alot of the modern stuff.

I really dont like when I see Siskel and Ebert bashing certain kinds of films, esp when I like them alot.

You like Friday The 13th? I can’t say I like it but Savini’s spfx were sick and just downright awesome.

Im a huge Friday The 13th fan. I grew up on those films.