Stolen dioaloge from DO THE RIGHT THING

[quote=“savage_henry”]
ahem.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quote … 67369.html”>Muhammad Ali - If you even dream of beating me you'd...</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

okay, so it looks like its a pretty common phrase or whatever. it just shocked me when i first watched it.

[quote=“Laydback”]
And guess what DO THE RIGHT THING "stole"in return?

The Story of Love and Hate - YouTube
[/quote]

good find. ill shut up now

What can I say? Ignorance pisses me off. Maybe I overreacted, but I was irritated by that first post. Am I sorry about being pissed off? Not really. It was a honest reaction. Its not like I was looking to be pissed off when i came in here.

What I said was the truth. Spike didnt make that up himself and neither did QT.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
What can I say? Ignorance pisses me off.
[/quote]

a lot of persons here are not coming English-spoken countries… that’s not ignorance…

What is it then?

It’s not understanding of your shit-talking :stuck_out_tongue:

Pbbbbbbllllt.

Hey guys, I wouldn´t call any of those two,Quentin or Spike, a thief.Since “Kill Bill” people get crazy about each dialogue, from what movie Quentin got that.It´s not all about hommages, so stop searching for every little thing that could be.

QT stole a line from Tobe Hooper’s Eaten Alive for Kill Bill: “My names Buck and Im here to fuck”. So what? Its a little homage to that film. Does that mean he’s a thief? Not at all. Hes just having fun with his art. Its all about context and how you do things. People who get all upset about things like that dont know about filmmaking. They think everything in movies is 100% original, its not. No movie is 100% original, part of filmmaking is taking ideas from everything, movies/pop culture/music/books etc that you love and using them in your movie. Every great filmmaker does it. I guarantee that.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
What is it then?
[/quote]

it is just that you cannot expect everyone in the world to know every saying and popular expression of the English language, it’s not ignorance it is cultural difference…

or you can say, it is:

[quote=“Eastern Beauty”]
not understanding of your shit-talking :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

;D

Get the facts behind subjects you arent sure about before you jump to conclusions. Then noone will look ignorant. :smiley:

i didn’t jump to any conclusion. beside my first post… :

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
as QT said in numerous occasion “i’m an artist. artists don’t do hommages, they steal fucking blind”. amen.
[/quote]

… read a lot like your last one:

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
QT stole a line from Tobe Hooper’s Eaten Alive for Kill Bill: “My names Buck and Im here to fuck”. So what? Its a little homage to that film. Does that mean he’s a thief? Not at all. Hes just having fun with his art. Its all about context and how you do things. People who get all upset about things like that dont know about filmmaking. They think everything in movies is 100% original, its not. No movie is 100% original, part of filmmaking is taking ideas from everything, movies/pop culture/music/books etc that you love and using them in your movie. Every great filmmaker does it. I guarantee that.
[/quote]

did you steal my fucking line???

I wasnt even talking to you in the first place. So you shouldnt have said anything to me.

we can go on forever like this:

i thought your post were adressed partly to me. beside i don’t need to explain myself all the time. if you don’t want anyone to post their opinion, do not use the forum, use the PM

I’ll say whatever I want to say if I feel a need to. If I dont care, I wont say anything at all. I felt I needed to react to what was said. And I did. You felt a need to react to what I said. Thats all there is to it. Time to move on.

On a similar note, I’m totally sick of the whole “In Reservoir Dogs, Mr Orange gets shot in the stomach, Tarantino stole that because I saw this movie once where someone was shot in the stomach…” Pete was right in calling his ignorance. Tarantino may pay homage and borrow scenes and dialogue a lot, but why is everyone so quick to point out the most unlikely of homages. When Tarantino does homages they are usually pretty obviously homages.

qt himself calls that “stealing”

Right now, after this big discussion, I dont even consider that joke stolen. Its a little joke originated by Muhammed Ali. QT was probably writing that script and it just came out of his mind onto paper without him even trying to steal it. You cant put every little line of dialogue or joke ever spoken in public before in a virtual locked box. Its ridiculous.

Lets let this thread die in peace :wink: alright?

[quote=“tonyanthony”]
qt himself calls that “stealing”
[/quote]

What’s your point?

[quote=“me”]
Lets let this thread die in peace :wink: alright?
[/quote]

hahahaha no shit