Songs that should be in a Tarantino Film

[quote=“MiaRose”]
what the fuck
[/quote]

Haha, well said Mia. :-*

[quote=“Biohazard”]
Johnny Cash “God’s gonna cut you down” - I wish he would have used it for Death Proof.
[/quote]

That song is so badass.

[quote=“Suvi”]
The melody and everything are made for his films!

BIRDY / 22 PISTEPIRKKO (Finnish band)

[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogrSzAT-JCo

It’s definitely a good song, I don’t know if it fits into QT’s directorial style though.

I always thought Dead Girl by Acid Bath would of been really good for From Dusk Till Dawn.

Beck’s Bolero by Jeff Beck

- YouTube

Johnny Cash’s Rusty Cage (Soundgarden cover)

- YouTube

Talking Heads’ Psycho Killer:

Talking Heads - Psycho Killer Music Video - YouTube

Your Cheatin’ Heart by Hank Williams Sr.:

- YouTube;

I seriously think the music made to grace Tarantino celluloid is Link Wray,

that old fifties guitarist

( I am aware one of his songs features in pulp fiction)

girl pop, you know, like the Ronettes, perhaps, but then Scorseses kinda claimed all the spector pop, damn.

- YouTube

Skinned by Blind Melon. Its the 4th song on “Alphabet Soup”. It is from the point of view of a serial killer who uses body parts to make household items.

[size=80]Interesting song… Not sure if I could imagine it in a Tarantino flick, but that’s just my opinion.

I’ve always liked the idea of Ballad of a Thin Man by Bob Dylan being used.

And something by Johnny Cash, I couldn’t choose a particular song though as he has a whole list of good songs.[/size]

At first I thought the “Skinned” song would be good for someone like Rob Zombie, but it’s too happy/upbeat for Zombie. If you hear it you’ll understand why it would be more of a Tarantino type song. It even has a kazoo solo in it.

Quentin used Tennessee Stud by Johnny Cash in Jackie Brown. I was all like, “why would Ordell be listening to Johnny Cash?”, but it’s a brilliant song. I’m in favour of using any Johnny Cash song, and almost any Bob Dylan song.

Tennessee Stud is my favorite song from Jackie Brown. These days Johnny Cash is the only one I listen to(I don’t know why) and I really could imagine his songs in Quentin’s movies.

I have had so many Johnny Cash CDs/tapes over the years, I can’t imagine life without him.

Johnny Cash’s Soundgarden cover would be indeed a perfect song for a QT movie. In fact, every Johnny Cash song would be perfect in QT movie.

I have too agree with this one. I can see soo many Johnny Cash songs, just vibing with QT’s atmosphere. I also like the Cramps for Quentin also…

I wanna hear some Ramones songs.

The Ramones would be great!!! I’m with Bio on this one.

Ohhh and a movie! They are long due for one. Maybe “The Third Revelation” will write one. He (The Third Revelation) is a very young talented writer, they say he will be the next Paul Thomas Anderson…well maybe not that good, but pretty fucking good.

Just imagine Queens in '74 - the misfits who paved the way for the Brittish invasion and the band who was never acknowledge for their entire career for this! And the story between Joey and Johnny and Linda! And the incident with Phil Specter when recording “End Of The Century”! And Dee Dee Ramone hocking Joey’s TV to buy hash!

Oh, yeah - I know my Ramones.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]

Just imagine Queens in '74 - the misfits who paved the way for the Brittish invasion and the band who was never acknowledge for their entire career for this! And the story between Joey and Johnny and Linda! And the incident with Phil Specter when recording “End Of The Century”! And Dee Dee Ramone hocking Joey’s TV to buy hash!

Oh, yeah - I know my Ramones.
[/quote]

I think I’m in love !!! LOL. The Ramones would and will make a great movie. incredible subject matter.

Joey Ramone’s last song. He heard this in his deathbed in New York.

- YouTube

yep…Johnny cash would be great but he should do his version of NIN’s Hurt…damn that would be cool. Nany Sinantra, The subways with " Rock n Roll Queen" or Eagles of death metal " just 19"…I’m still stucked hanging in the grindhouse…my bad ;D