Slumdog Millionaire

Yeah, then it’s definitely Boyle’s style that you don’t like. I haven’t seen 28 days later yet. Some of my friends are huge fans of it.

I hate Boyle’s style. The only thing he’s done that I like is the beach and that was more to do with some of the performances than anything. I liked Trainspotting, but that’s aged like an banana.

Maybe Trainspotting hasn’t aged well but its a great representation of a particular culture and time. Shallow Grave is one of my favourite films of all time - amazing actors and soundtrack. I think its great that he can make movies about drugs, murder and horror and then make feel-good movies like slumdog millionaire and millions.

The premise of this film sounds like a bore.

[quote=“RedApple”]
“They don’t even use washing machines.” Is that your argument to call a country dirty?
[/quote]

It’s less time consuming than beating clothes on a big rock.

Saw it yesterday : WOOW ! That was a fantastic movie ! :o

The actors are great, the directing is great, the story is great… I loved it ! I’m glad it won 8 academy awards. Well deserved !

I thought that movie was alright until everyone lost their minds over it. Now I am so annoyed from hearing about it from everyone that I’ve grown to hate it. It’s not the movies fault, I guess it’s just a victim of it’s own success. Well, as much of a victim as a movie that makes absurd amounts of money can be, but I bet there is a lot of people out there like me who kind of enjoyed it but now just want it to die.

[quote=“RedApple”]
how many ppl will remember that one line? The movie as a whole shows only the ‘dirty underbelly’
[/quote]

I remembered too, but I suspect the average movie goer really doesn’t pay attention, especially since everyone and their Mum is going to see this since it’s won so many awards.

A friend of mine has parents that never watch movies that have any foreign languages in them whatsoever, but suddenly they’re going crazy after this. Of course my friend asked them to watch The Diving Bell and the Butterfly with her, but they scoffed at her because it was in French. Certain people just won’t watch something unless a lot of other people and award shows tell them too. It’s really pathetic, actually.

It’s not even funny how much this movie blows. Especially since I love Trainspotting and The Beach.

Anyone read Salmon Rushdie’s comments on the movie?

"a corny potboiler, with a plot that defies belief."

Can’t find the whole article but he pretty much hates it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, though Rushdie pretty much hates everything and everyone… so I guess he’s always biaised :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“plunderbunnie”]
I remembered too, but I suspect the average movie goer really doesn’t pay attention, especially since everyone and their Mum is going to see this since it’s won so many awards.

A friend of mine has parents that never watch movies that have any foreign languages in them whatsoever, but suddenly they’re going crazy after this. Of course my friend asked them to watch The Diving Bell and the Butterfly with her, but they scoffed at her because it was in French. Certain people just won’t watch something unless a lot of other people and award shows tell them too. It’s really pathetic, actually.
[/quote]

It’s true, people are basically sheep who will just go where ever the herd is going, but awards shows and things like that, that get people into the theaters to see movies they wouldn’t have seen on their own is a good thing. I think QT can atest to that. Not as many people would have seen Reservoir Dogs if it hadn’t done so well at Sundance, same goes with Paul Thomas Anderson and many others. Though Slumdog is not a film that I think deserves that kind of universal praise and push when far better films by lesser known filmmakers have come out and been forgetten.

So many injustices have happened with the Academy Awards, I don’t give a fuck about them anymore. Buncha arrogant prickholes. It’s all political… Though I’m really kinda happy that Danny Boyle’s film did so well.

I have watch this movie just once because i am used to watch movie which teach some lesson to us but i like to watch this movie only once and it in parts.This movie teach me that if you have dream about something and if you do not have anything in your hand to reach at the dream but if you have strong decision and heart then you can reach at that position.

I am fond of this movie a lot. I really love to watch it. I really liked the story and the acting of anil kapoor in this movie.

Watch The Art of Getting By online