Short DVD release information

[quote] And finally, here’s a bit of news that’s going to get a lot of you excited (and I made a point to specifically ask about this title, believe me)… Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner (1982) is currently on track for release as a multi-disc special edition in time for its 25th anniversary in 2007. The release is far from certain (as usual, there’s a lot more that I can’t post about this title yet - think of the old saying, “Loose lips sink ships”), but Warner says that work is proceeding, most of the key players are involved and things are “looking good” for release next year. We’ll see.[/quote]
-source: thedigitalbits.com

wheew, so long still…

yeah i’ll sell the shogun assassin dvd now and wait for the animeigo. i still like the film even if its only edited, but it has style

the french, look at this:

<LINK_TEXT text=“TOP 15 Best DVD Releases of 2019 - Select a Good Movie to Watch … grale.html”>TOP 15 Best DVD Releases of 2019 - Select a Good Movie to Watch</LINK_TEXT>

too bad it’s french subtitles

That’s from HK Video, a company with very high standards. I really love their releases. But I’m trying to resist the temptation to buy that box set as there should be a US release for both The Street Fighter trilogy and Sister Street Fighter trilogy coming out later this year.

yeah and they dont have english subtitles…

but i think it’s time i sell my sonny chiba 10-movie box from brentwood ;-))

[quote=“The Seb”]
yeah and they dont have english subtitles…
[/quote]

Not a big problem for me. But saves a lot of time and work to get them subbed.

[quote=“The Seb”]
but i think it’s time i sell my sonny chiba 10-movie box from brentwood ;-))
[/quote]

Definitely. Afterall, those are not even official releases.

ANOTHER:…

Davis DVD writes:

Specialty label Dark Sky Films has sent us early details for a new two-disc edition of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Vowing to trump all other previous releases of the 1974 horror classic, the new set will boast an anamorphic widescreen transfer (from a new high-definition transfer of the 16mm camera negative), along with new Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 stereo mixes and the original mono track.

Bonus materials will include a new commentary track with stars Marilyn Burns, Alan Danziger, Paul A. Partain and Production Designer Robert A. Burns, a second track with Tobe Hooper, Director of Photography Daniel Pearl and Gunnar Hansen (ported over from Pioneer’s release), deleted & alternate footage, trailers, TV spots, radio spots and still galleries.

Making its Stateside debut on disc two is David Gregory’s 2000 documentary Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Shocking Truth, featuring interviews with the directors of all four films in the series. Also included on this second disc will be a new documentary produced by Red Shirt Pictures, featuring new interviews with various cast & crew members, footage from all the major locations used in the first film and tons of other goodies. Look for this new “Chainsaw” to be released in September.

This is old news, but worth mentioning: Criterion will release new editions of Seven Samurai, Yojimbo and Sanjuro this year. So, don’t spend your money on those poor old versions

Someday I wanna have TCM in my shelf.sounds like the right time, Vlad :wink:

[quote=“Vlad”]
ANOTHER:…

Davis DVD writes:

Specialty label Dark Sky Films has sent us early details for a new two-disc edition of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Vowing to trump all other previous releases of the 1974 horror classic, the new set will boast an anamorphic widescreen transfer (from a new high-definition transfer of the 16mm camera negative), along with new Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 stereo mixes and the original mono track.

Bonus materials will include a new commentary track with stars Marilyn Burns, Alan Danziger, Paul A. Partain and Production Designer Robert A. Burns, a second track with Tobe Hooper, Director of Photography Daniel Pearl and Gunnar Hansen (ported over from Pioneer’s release), deleted & alternate footage, trailers, TV spots, radio spots and still galleries.

Making its Stateside debut on disc two is David Gregory’s 2000 documentary Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Shocking Truth, featuring interviews with the directors of all four films in the series. Also included on this second disc will be a new documentary produced by Red Shirt Pictures, featuring new interviews with various cast & crew members, footage from all the major locations used in the first film and tons of other goodies. Look for this new “Chainsaw” to be released in September.
[/quote]

WTF? How many versions are these cocksuckers gonna release? I’m content with my Uncut R2 Special Edition, so Red Shirt Pictures can shove their new release up their ass. :smiley: Besides I can’t see any TCM documentary to be better than “The Shocking Truth” one.

There is a God…

Les Cendres Du Temps aka Ashes of Time.

R2 FR release by TF1

04/05/2006

This is what I’ve been waiting for the last 12 years ;D

Finally The Blade is getting the release it deserves

R2 FR

HK Video

May 23

http://www.dvdalliance.com/article.php?sid=10817

[quote=“Hung Fist”]

[/quote]

I’ve seen this pic in Ric Meyers martial arts book and thought it would be an excellent DVD cover. Well, what do ya know!

Haven’t seen the movie yet though. Any good?

Some love it, some hate it. The editing during the action scenes is super hyper fast (or dynamic ;D). I thought it worked pretty well, but I’m sure some will hate it. The Blade isn’t a masterpiece in my opinion, but I’m definitely gonna get that lovely dvd.

Original ‘Star Wars’ trilogy coming to DVD

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/ho … 1002462553”>http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/home_video/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002462553</LINK_TEXT>

Finally I can buy the films :smiley:

I also read something about Apocalypse Now special edition featuring both versions being released in the near future. Can’t remember the source, though.

who cares about the short apocalypse now version anymore. but i’d like to see Hearts of Darkness documentary on a second disc and some more extras. apart from that, the current one is great.

FINALLY:

restored, with extras etc. BUY HERE

Good news and terrible news.

Lets start from the terrible ones: TF1’s Ashes of Time is not only the shorter International Cut, but also features a shitty transfer (even though it’s better than any other release available).

Hong Kong Cinemagic - Test DVD ARP/TF1 Video : Les Cendres du Temps

Then the good ones: HK Video’s The Blade transfer is pretty fucking far from being shitty

Review here: http://www.hkcine.com/rw_fiche-6329-.php

[quote=“The Seb”]
who cares about the short apocalypse now version anymore.[/quote]

Up to this point I’ve refused to see the Redux version since I’ve fallen in love with the theatrical cut and seen it many times. Depending on the movie, sometimes I like to see extended versions but the original Apocalypse was perfect in pacing, I don’t need more shit to it.

But I think one of these days I’m gonna lose this battle since they’re showing Redux on the telly next week and even if I don’t watch that, I’m definitely getting that dvd when it comes out so it will haunt me for ages in my dvd collection…

Upcoming Korean releases

Kitano Takeshi Collection (11 disc) (73.99$ at dvdfromkorea)

• Boiling Point
  • A Scene At The Sea
  • Sonatine
  • Getting Any?
  • Kids Return
  • Hana-Bi
  • Kikujiro
  • Brother (No English Subtitles)
  • Dolls
  • Zatoichi: Special Edition (2 Disc Set)

Jim Jarmuch Collection (7 disc) (55.99$ at dvdfromkorea)

• Permanent Vacation
  • Stranger Than Paradise
  • Down by Law
  • Mystery Train
  • Night on Earth
  • Dead Man

hold your breath:

<LINK_TEXT text=“TOP 15 Best DVD Releases of 2019 - Select a Good Movie to Watch … e-now.html”>TOP 15 Best DVD Releases of 2019 - Select a Good Movie to Watch</LINK_TEXT>

that dvd looks great.