Shogun Assassin

So is this worth buying if you already have all the other Lone Wolf and Cub movies?

Yeah! But don´t let anybody fool you to buy the Vipco´s dvd (no offence to the guy who sold it to me ;D)

Comes out March 13th.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.amazon.com/Shogun-Assassin-L … UTF8&s=dvd”>Amazon.com</LINK_TEXT>

I own all the LW and C films already, so I’m not bothering to buy anything else.

[quote=“me”]
Comes out March 13th.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.amazon.com/Shogun-Assassin-L … UTF8&s=dvd”>Amazon.com</LINK_TEXT>

[/quote]

That´s sweet news! Is this made by mixing the third and fourth LW & C movies? ???

I think it’s just a dubbed (and maybe re-scored) version of the third film.

Well that doesn´t sound very good at all…

I wonder if it’s missing the ending song by Tomisaburo…

I got my copy of this version from walmart for 13.95.

Has anyone seen shogun assassin 2? If so i was wondering if it has the same dubbing with the little kid? Cause i think thats part of what makes shogun assassin good. Also are the LW&C films worth buying or are they a little boring?

Eastern Eye is releasing a Shogun Assassin for Australia (and New Zealand, I think). Don’t know anything about picture and sound, but the cover does look nice.

Some day ill buy the film series… and hell, this as well… is it just me or does that cover make the film appear really new… i mean if i saw that then the first thing id think would be what is this a new Baby Cart… then id stop dreaming…

[quote=“FiveFingerDeath”]
I got my copy of this version from walmart for 13.95.

Has anyone seen shogun assassin 2? If so i was wondering if it has the same dubbing with the little kid? Cause i think thats part of what makes shogun assassin good. Also are the LW&C films worth buying or are they a little boring?
[/quote]

I wish my walmart was that cool. :’(

“Lightning Swords of Death” (aka Shogun Assassin 2) doesn’t have any of Diagoro’s narration (That’s the kid, by the way) Just to let you know, Lightning Swords of Death was actually the first of the movies to be imported here and Shogun Assassin arrived several years later. So when you listen to the dubbed tracks, you’ll obviously be able to tell which of the movies was “made” in the 70’s and which one was made in the 80’s.

The singular LW&C films are indeed worth buying. The only setback I have with them though is that there’s no clear closure on the series. Lone Wolf gets to confront the Yagyu Master in the final installment, but slight spoiler nothing really happens. So you expect to see more adventures, but it all ends here. Still though these movies still kick tons of ass and rightfully belong in every martial arts lover’s library.

is lighting swords of death even worth buying, cause its at my best but for like $17 and i was planing on getting the LW&C films before i asked the question i just wanted a little insight on them.

[quote=“Laydback”]
Just to let you know, Lightning Swords of Death was actually the first of the movies to be imported here and Shogun Assassin arrived several years later. So when you listen to the dubbed tracks, you’ll obviously be able to tell which of the movies was “made” in the 70’s and which one was made in the 80’s.
[/quote]
Im guessing because of the music in them? is that gay music in shogun 2?

I’ve said this before but I’ll say it again. Lone Wolf and Cub 1-6 is the greatest chambara saga ever made. One of the things I’d take with me to a deserted island.

From the reviews I’ve read, both movies are the same. No edits and no cuts. (FYI, “Babycart to Hades” is the 3rd part of the series)

What I meant by the difference in sound is that the english dub for “Lightning/Death” sounds like the usual english-dubbed stuff you’ve heard in 70’s kung fu flicks. But the original music score from the Lone Wolf/Cub movies hasn’t been altered.

Of course, Shogun Assassin has the synthesizer score and the dubbed voices sound a little more “advanced” kinda like anime characters.

The first Shogun Assassin features at least one edit for violence as far as I remember

[quote=“Angel”]
Eastern Eye is releasing a Shogun Assassin for Australia (and New Zealand, I think). Don’t know anything about picture and sound, but the cover does look nice.

[/quote]

That DVD looks kick ass.

i have both Shogun Assassin 1 and 2. I’ve only watched the first one, which was amazing, and look foward to the second. I got both of them at best buy.

Another sequel no one knew existed

Sep. 07, 2007