Scarface on DVD

Have you seen the movie yet guys? How was the transfer and the features?

saw it on a digital screen last week at a D.C. theatre and it was fookin superb!

The picture and sound are the best Ive ever heard on that film. I dont know how many times Ive seen the film over the years. Very nice! DTS 5.1 Surround Sound. The menu screens are very cool too.

I havent had a chance to watch the extras yet, but Ill come back and write a little review when I do.

Everyone who loves crime films needs this is their collection, its truly a masterpiece of cinema by one of my favorite directors Brian DePalma.

Also check out his other crime films like Carlitos Way and The Untouchables and all the rest of his classic thrillers!!!

[quote]

Actually, when I watch the film now I dont really mind the music because I’ve never really heard any music like in Scarface in any other movie. It has a very distinct sound to it to me…
[/quote]

Yeah, I love the soundtrack to Scarface...with the glaring exception of that "Push it to the Limit" or whatever the fuck it was called that started playing as Montana began making the serious money. *Shudder* That song was so bad it could have passed for cheesy, eighties Coast Guard/Army/Air Force recruitment theme.

"Coast Guard Jobs That Matter!"

did you ever notice that like 80% of the music in that movie is also in Grand Theft Auto: 3 and GTA: Vice City when i watched it that is what I was trying to think of because the movie is so fucing sick

Hey guys, watch out though when you buy it, because you can’t tell what the aspect ratio is. So you can’t really tell if it’s widescreen or pan&scan unless you look at the fine print on the back. Anyone here not got what they wanted in terms of aspect ratio?

yes, I was at Meijer at midnight and was there when they put up their display - so I took a copy and bought it, and when I got home it was full screen edtion. Luckily halfway though the film it skipped when Tony goes to Bolivia, so I returned it for a widescreen edition 8)

Yeah i got the widscreen first night it came out but it didnt even matter because i love this movie.

Question about the DVD:

Wasn’t there supposed to be an insert booklet with a bunch of Scarface facts and chapter titles and stuff? Wasn’t one in mine, is there supposed to be?

Does anyone has any idea when the Region 2 of the new edition is suppose to come out?

Its been out in the US since september or something, but I havent seen it in stores here (Netherlands) and no one seems to have a clue about a release date.

Not sure…i know it’s out here in the UK

A new edition of Scarface will be released October 3rd.

Menus from Davisdvd.com

DVD Features

Available Subtitles: English, Spanish, French

Available Audio Tracks: English (DTS 5.1), English (Dolby Digital 5.1), Spanish (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono), French (Dolby Digital 2.0 Mono)

SCARFACE SCOREBOARD: Watch Scarface like never before keep track of the number of times the “F” word is used and the number of bullets fired.

DELETED SCENES: Over 20 minutes of deleted scenes

MAKING OF SCARFACE: THE VIDEO GAME: Immerse yourself in the world of Scarface in this behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the video game.

THE WORLD OF TONY MONTANA: Experience the decadent world of the ultimate gangster in this all-new feature. Revel in Tony’s luxurious and extravagant life in the underworld.

SCARFACE: THE REBIRTH: Actor Al Pacino, director Brian De Palma, producer Martin Bregman, and screenwriter Oliver Stone examine the history of Scarface, from the original 1932 classic to shooting the script.

SCARFACE: CREATING: A fascinating look at the controversial making of Scarface and the triumphs and struggles experienced by its filmmakers, including the filming of the unforgettable chainsaw scene, location changes, the producer’s battles to gain an “R” rating and more.

SCARFACE: ACTING: Al Pacino and other cast members offer insider stories and revealing insights into how these legendary characters were created.

SCARFACE: TV VERSION MONTAGE: A revealing and hilarious montage of film clips that compare and contrast the theatrical release to the network version of Scarface.

Looks like a good buy, but If you have an old Scarface dvd I wouldnt buy It since there are only a one or two new features.

"Making of Scarface: The Videogame"

LAME!

[quote=“Scarface”]
"Making of Scarface: The Videogame"

LAME!
[/quote]
Yeah thats really the only new feature, I think how many times the “F word Is used and How many bullets were fired” might be new not sure.

This was released only to promote the video game - btw Al Pacino’s voice isn’t used in the game…

why play a video game when you can do it for real…just go to miami, find some dirty ass cubans, and cut their arms off with a chainsaw…it could happen.