Sam Worthington shouldn't be in movies!

I like how Cameron compared his film to Star Wars when the film won Best Picture. Cameron says something among this line: “It doesn’t matter where you see the story, wether if it’s in another galaxy…” - and then they cut to a shot of George Lucas staring at him with a blank expression.

I also laughed when Cameron felt pity for everyone in the room, he tells everyone: "You shouldn’t feel bad, we’re all here as filmmakers and you should be proud of your work, so give yourselves a round of applause as I take all the big important awards home, you losers."

Then they cut to a shot of Leo DiCaprio not applauding as he glowers at Cameron from his seat like an incensed Cagney.

So there’s a lot of pretense in Cameron, he’s like Cecil B. DeMille powerful, even bigger than Spielberg. It’s scary, I don’t think he’s a Jew. Is he? He might just be the most powerful non-Jew in Hollywood since William Randolph Hurst.

But either way, it’s well deserved for Cameron, it’s not like someone just handed him the throne. He had to work his ass off to get to where he is, and all we can do is spectate and comment on how “terrible” he is. But the truth of the matter is that most of you just hate his success, which is understandable.

Just say Salvation recently and I actually thought Worthington was pretty good and the movie itself was what was bland. I think he did the best he could with what he had to work with. Still don’t really have any desire to see Avatar though.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]He’s from Australia… That could have something to do with it. He’s trying to act cool and American, and turning it into dull and drab.[/quote]

He’s actually pretty good in his earlier Australian films. And I don’t really think he’s that bad now, but maybe Hollywood is just trying to make him out to be something he’s not.

[quote=“Angel”][quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]He’s from Australia… That could have something to do with it. He’s trying to act cool and American, and turning it into dull and drab.[/quote]

He’s actually pretty good in his earlier Australian films. And I don’t really think he’s that bad now, but maybe Hollywood is just trying to make him out to be something he’s not.[/quote]

I haven’t seen him in any Aussie films, but I’m sure you’re right. Maybe Americanizing him in roles doesn’t really suit him.

His Australian TV work was pretty good, I’m pretty sure he was nominated for an AFI for Love My Way. But yeah, he was definately terrible in Avatar. My 4 year old cousin does a more convincing American accent.