Roger Ebert's top films - yup it's there

Because it’s the best sci-fi movie to come out in years.

yup, much better than Avatar and District 9 IMO.

[quote=“Col. Crazy Kenneth”]yup, much better than Avatar and District 9 IMO.[/quote]
All 3 sucks so it’s not a big jump. ;D

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Because it’s the best sci-fi movie to come out in years.[/quote]

I guess I could agree with that, though I haven’t seen “Moon” yet but even that looks like a rip-off of Kubrick’s 2001.

So because you’re not a fan of the genre, this remarkable film deserves nothing, in your opinion? That’s lame.

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]So because you’re not a fan of the genre, this remarkable film deserves nothing, in your opinion? That’s lame.[/quote]

Say whattttttttt? ;D

I didn’t say I hate the genre. I love 2001, Alien (the first one), the Star Trek 60’s T.V. Show, etc. Just the ones that were listed are very bad or poorly original. Also nothing from the Sci-fi genre has punch people in the balls for a long time. :smiley: The same can be said with the horror genre. I love what Rob Zombie is doing, but that’s not horror IMO. It’s his view on things (twisted or not) and that is what I like about his films.

Getting off-topic now, but how does someone like Rob Zombie have such freedom with his films since day one is beyond me, but he gets my respect for that. Just think of the freedom this dude has got with Hollywood films and shocked people with it. Hate his films or love them, he actually gets what he wants in his films out.

[quote=“G”][quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]So because you’re not a fan of the genre, this remarkable film deserves nothing, in your opinion? That’s lame.[/quote]

Say whattttttttt? ;D

I didn’t say I hate the genre. I love 2001, Alien (the first one), the Star Trek 60’s T.V. Show, etc. Just the ones that were listed are very bad or poorly original. Also nothing from the Sci-fi genre has punch people in the balls for a long time. :smiley: The same can be said with the horror genre. I love what Rob Zombie is doing, but that’s not horror IMO. It’s his view on things (twisted or not) and that is what I like about his films.[/quote]

Whatever you say, compadre. Just seems like there’s something wrong with your brain.

:laugh:

[quote=“G”]Getting off-topic now, but how does someone like Rob Zombie have such freedom with his films since day one is beyond me, but he gets my respect for that. Just think of the freedom this dude has got with Hollywood films and shocked people with it. Hate his films or love them, he actually gets what he wants in his films out.[/quote]

Yeah. The dude’s a rock star devil worshiper… I’m not surprised that he gets whatever he wants. >:D

And G, you misread (I think) what I wrote, I was talking about Up In The Air, not Up. Up would be worse!!! If Up wins the best movie, not best animated, I say best movie, I think I’ll have to break some stuff around me when I hear the news, just to deal with all the negative emotions that’d rush through my brain at the same time.

I haven’t seen Up In The Air yet but it looks like your regular Oscar winning movie, overhyped, clooney-d, light hearted and all.

(when I say Clooney-d, I don’t mean that movies starring Clooney win oscars, but it’s the kind of actor that’s gonna make pussies wet and that must count for something in the Academy Awards’ decision’s process.

[quote=“RatQuiRit”]And G, you misread (I think) what I wrote, I was talking about Up In The Air, not Up. Up would be worse!!! If Up wins the best movie, not best animated, I say best movie, I think I’ll have to break some stuff around me when I hear the news, just to deal with all the negative emotions that’d rush through my brain at the same time.

I haven’t seen Up In The Air yet but it looks like your regular Oscar winning movie, overhyped, clooney-d, light hearted and all.

(when I say Clooney-d, I don’t mean that movies starring Clooney win oscars, but it’s the kind of actor that’s gonna make pussies wet and that must count for something in the Academy Awards’ decision’s process.[/quote]

No I knew you were talking about Up in the air. I said I would weclome a win for that film over Up, Stark Trek, Hangover, etc. ;D

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]Yeah. The dude’s a rock star devil worshiper… I’m not surprised that he gets whatever he wants. >:D[/quote]

That’s cool, right? ;D

Music-wise, I was always a fan of White Zombie, haven’t got much into his single work as Rob Zombie.